English Parker Duofold Ns. Olive With Gold Trim. C.1947. Button-filler. Gwc.
This item has been shown times.
English Parker Duofold Ns. Olive With Gold Trim. C.1947. Button-filler. Gwc.:
PARKER DUOFOLD NS
George S. Parker founded the Parker Pen Co. in America in 1888 in Janesville, Wisconsin, and has become one of the major global pen manufacturers and distributors in the years since. It has also been a leader in developing new technologies in the field if writing equipment. The company built manufacturing sites in many overseas countries in the C.20th, setting up its UK operation at the Valentine Pen Co. manufacturing plant in 1941, and purchasing the factory in 1945. This later became the major manufacturing site and, from 1986, the H.Q. of this premier name in quality pens. The company was sold to Gillette in 1993, and then to Sandford, the stationary division of Newell Rubbermaid, in 2000, with manufacturing being transferred to France and the plant at Newhaven closed in 2009. Janesville itself had closed in 1999
This English Parker Duofold NS (New Style), in olive with gold plated trim, dates from 1946-48. It is in good working condition.
- The pen has a smooth medium/fine 14k gold Parker 20 9 nib.
- The cap, with gold plated clip/cap band and olive jewel, is in good condition. The cap has good internal threads and has tight fit with the barrel. The clip and cap bands show some edge brassing. The clip also has light surface marking/damage at the top.
- The feed, section and barrel are in good condition. The barrel imprints are crisp. The blind cap and tassie are also in good condition, the tassie showing minor edge brassing.
- This pen is a button-filler, where the button under the blind cap at the end of the barrel, is depressed a number of times to draw ink from the bottle into the pen. A new ink sac has been fitted.
- The closed length of the pen is 132mm.
This is a good example of a collectable, attractive and useable pen.
The nib units of my fountain pens are cleaned in an ultrasonic bath, tested for writing and adjusted if necessary.
All items are cleaned and hand polished
Postage and packing
UK (First Class Signed For) £4.10
Europe (Air Mail) £3.50
Australia & NZ (Air Mail) £4.70
Rest of the World (Air Mail) £4.50
- Postage is charged at cost. As items are packed at the time of sale, the postage charge shown on the listing can only be an estimate. If the actual postage cost is less than the amount paid by the buyer, the excess will be refunded through Paypal at the time of dispatch. Items will normally be dispatched on the first working day following receipt of payment. Where payment is by personal cheque, I reserve that right to delay dispatch until notified by my bank that the cheque has cleared. If an item hasn’t been received within a reasonable time after dispatch, please contact me in the first instance as a proof of posting is always obtained. I can then tell you when the Royal Mail will consider the item lost and so allow me to make a claim. A refund will not be made until that time.
- I'm happy to combine postage costs if more than oneitem is bought.
Unfortunately, due to its unreliability, I no longer offer Surface Mail to my overseas customers.Please offer only if you are happy to pay the Airmail costs.
Overseas buyers - please use Paypal only.
UK buyers - Paypal or personal cheque.
Please email with any questions, I'm always glad to help.