Estate 50s-60s Vintage Vera Scarf Long Fall Oak Leaves Autumn Colors Silk-blend
This item has been shown 1 times.
Estate 50s-60s Vintage Vera Scarf Long Fall Oak Leaves Autumn Colors Silk-blend:
-- We just plain folks, not experts nor dealers, so ASK questions or share info with us - Any discoloration is due to flash, lighting, your monitor. (Please see info about the Sterling/Euro Silver and/or clothing/wearables we sell below) - We combine shipping where safe to do so --Closeups are exaggerated -- Internationals: we use Global Shipping only
PLEASE READ ENTIRE LISTING & VIEW ALL PICS
Appx 42" x 14.5"In our other listings:
- Vera TULIP multicolor pastel acetate MIJ long Scarf, appx 44" x 15
- 3 Military Sweetheart Hankies - US Navy, Air Force
We do combine shipping. See our other sales for other scarves scarfs
FROM THE WEB:
"Vera Neumann (born Vera Salaff; July 24, 1907 – June 15, 1993) was an American artist and entrepreneur best known for her boldly colored linen patterns and scarves signed "Vera" and featuring a ladybug. During World War Two, when linen supplies were low, she came across some parachute silk at an army surplus store, an event that marked the beginning of her scarf business. She kept her signature on art transferred to the scarves, thus creating the first signature scarf in history. "Vera scarves" became immediately popular and Vera herself was soon on first-name terms with well-known women around the country. Marilyn Monroe was a fan as were Grace Kelly and First Lady Bess Truman, who selected Vera fabric from Schumacher, Inc. to decorate the third-floor solarium windows and upholstery of the White House. Women from around the country also chose Vera products for their color and cheerful prints."
We'd love to see someone adopt and enjoy!
We are a smoke-free household with 2 hypoallergenic dogs (Standard Poodles) --
Some General Info re: Silver charms and bracelets in our listings
FYI: it is not unusual for sterling charms to be unmarked from this era: many charms came unmarked on display sales cards that had the maker and metal info; as well as jewelry items under a certain weight did not have to be hallmarked.
FYI: Rhodium is in the Platinum family of metals. It was often used in the 50s-70s to plate sterling silver to avoid tarnishing, In the Rhodium plating process, 925 Sterling Silver is given a nickel underplate prior to Rhodium plating. The nickel is magnetic and causes the magnetic attraction.FYI: Sterling 925 or Euro Silver 800, 835, 900 - vintage European silver is highly collectible.
1. offer ONLY if you plan to win and pay within 3 days.
2. CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS before offerding, saves a lot of grief.
3. If life gets away from you, CONTACT us if you need an extension so we can turn off the automatic non-payment case thing that does.
4. If life gets away from us, we will CONTACT you to let you know if there are any delays.
5. IF you win and are in a hurry because of birthday or whatever TELL US THIS ASAP, even before you offer is best. If we dont know about it, we cant do anything about it.
6. HONESTY is the best policy. We are honest and do our best to describe accurately and ask you to use the photos to help you decide if you wish to offer. No refunds/No returns, so ask questions first.
7. When things are USED, they will not be perfect, so if you are looking for perfection, look elsewhere.
8. Nope, NO international shipping other than through Global Shipping.
9. Kindly be NICE if there is a problem: Honey gets more bees than vinegar. We will work with you nicely to fix things the best we can.
10. WE DO NOT DO REFUNDS. But some buyers just go ahead and go through – when we prefer you contact us first if there is a problem, give us a chance to make things right for all. PLEASE NOTE: we charge a 15% RESTOCKING FEE on the total amount if we determine the return is UNWARRANTED:
Dont like Color.
Dont like in general.
Found another one same or similar for less.
offer or Bought without asking questions, without reviewing measurements in desc and/or photos
And other such unwarranted excuses.
If you go through return system, expect a partial refund unless item is not as described.
--- Again, read #1 again. Buyers are expected to read entire listing, compare measurements, use photos, and ask questions if anything is unclear BEFORE offerding/buying. Thanks for your understanding.
11. As sellers, we leave response after we receive your response. As a buyer, we leave response as soon as we receive and review our items, so ask you please to do the same!
12. PALINDROMES rule!
"Go hang a salami, Im a lasagna hog." "Solo Gigolos."
"Mr. Owl ate my metal worm." "Was it a car or a cat I saw?" "Never odd or even."
Hey!! Please pay promptly within 3 days so we can get your item(s) to you ASAP -- PLEASE KNOW we use 's authorized 'Unpaid Item Assistant' to open unpaid cases on our behalf, so if you don't pay within 3 days WILL AUTOMATICALLY OPEN a NONPAYMENT CASE AGAINST YOU!!
-----So PAY IMMEDIATELY orCONTACT USif you need more time! You dont want an Unpaid Strike against you!
-----Thanks, Good Karma! Here is another palindrome for your enjoyment: 'Marge lets Norah see Sharon's telegram.'
NOTEFor heavier items: WE SOMETIMES OFFER SMARTPOST AS AFFORDABLE ALTERNATIVE, BUT DO NOT TRUST ITS SHIPPING ESTIMATE: IT CAN TAKE WEEKS and NOT DAYS as estimated: SmartPost uses 2 separate tracking and trucking systems, and cheapest packages are LAST on the trucks. So if you are in a hurry DO NOT CHOOSE SMARTPOST!!!
AWord About The CLOTHING/WEARABLES We Sell
PLEASE NOTE: Any clothing /shoes/accessories we list are helping us to clean out our closets and boxes of stored goods from a friend’s boutique that went out of business.We sell as-is with no returns. We are retired and moving things forward before we “move forward” to our “next destination!!” For all clothing/wearables we sell - new and especially used - we check for holes, tears, wear, spots, or any other imperfections before we list.
Whether new or used, we have made every attempt to note any flaws in our sales, but may miss something due to aging eyes and/or sheer ignorance about a particular item.
We ask you to understand that even if we missed something in the description, you are still getting a BARGAIN compared to buying retail, so YOU may need to have the item cleaned, shaped, restored, get a button replaced, stitch where threads have come loose, whatever...
Many are just simply wrinkled from storage... Many can be worn as they are, but would benefit from a pressing or cleaning at winner's discretion -- especially worn garments, or even if clothing in new "store" condition, New Old Stock, because they were oncehanging on racks,handled by shoppers,dumped in carts,possibly dropped,certainly tried on, and often have adingy look from dust and light soiling from handling, orevidence of being in storage.
THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING, LOOKING, & IF YOU PURCHASE --- WEAR/USE IN GOOD HEALTH!!!
"Go hang a salami, Im a lasagna hog."
"Mr. Owl ate my metal worm."
"Was it a car or a cat I saw?"
"Never odd or even."
“Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
His Vorpal blade went snicker-snack…”
LaProv: good ol’ Providence Voh Dyelun