Fabulous Wmf Buch Silver Plated Brass Hanukkah Lamp Menorah Warsaw C1900 Judaica
This item has been shown 0 times.
Fabulous Wmf Buch Silver Plated Brass Hanukkah Lamp Menorah Warsaw C1900 Judaica:
template Mouse Over the Images Below to Enlarge The pictures do not do justice to this magnificent item.
A Fabulous WMF Buch Silver Plated Brass Hanukkah Lamp Menorah, Warsaw, Ca 1900, Judaica.
back plate is chased and relief with scroll foliate ornaments, topped with a Torah
crown and applied at the center with a seven light Menorah (one broken light)
flanked by two lions.
Fronted with a shaped rectangular base with eight oil fonts / candleholders with detachable wick holders (one missing).
Detachable servant light (Shamosh) and oil jug.
Marked – "B. BUCH" and "W.M.F, GALW, WARSZAWA" in triangular.
Very good condition, missing one wick holder, loss of plating.
Height: 24cm / 9.45in.
Length: 23cm / 9.05in.
Weight:576gr / 18.5oz. Free shipping, handling and insurance.Highly sought after by collectors.
A superb Jewish, Judaica, Hebrew, Israel item.
firm WMF were producing metal ware in different styles:
* Art Nouveau ( Jugendstil )
* Art Deco
* Celtic / Viking revival
* Hotel ware
During the first world war, Hugo Debach, who would later become director-general of WMF, took the initiative in having experiments conducted in chemical and thermal tinting of metals. Shortly before 1927 he founded the Neue Kunstgewerbliche Abteilung (NKA: New Division for the Applied Arts) at WMF for upgrading metals. The brilliant colors and the boundless possibilities for design arising from this new technique met with resounding success at the time1853 - The Founding of the CompanyIn 1853, Daniel Straub, a miller from Geislingen, joined forces with the Schweizer Brothers to form the "Metallwarenfabrik Straub & Schweizer" in Geislingen. This was the second company to be founded by Straub - previously in 1850, from the nucleus of a small repair workshop, which he had set up to work on the construction of Geislingen's famous railway incline, he had founded the Maschinenfabrik Geislingen. This company was involved mainly in manufacturing mill turbines and traded throughout Europe.
Measurements : Marks : Height: 24cm / 9.45in.
Length: 23cm / 9.05in.
See item description. Weight : Condition : 576gr / 18.5oz. See item description. Contact Us : We are happy to provide fast customer service over email, phone, or fax.
Click the "Ask Seller A Question" link at the top of this page.
Our number: 0099-7363
- We accept payment by PayPal
- Payment should be received within three working days from purchase.
- Israeli buyers to pay the current VAT, which is roughly 16%.
- We guarantee the items we sell are as described. Should we accidentally ship the wrong item, you may return that item.
- ALL returns must be authorized.
- Buyer must notify us within 48 hours of receipt that the item differs from its description. Refunds are given only if the item is not as represented, the return was authorized by us, and the item was shipped back within five days from authorization date.
- Item must be returned by registered insured mail and packed well, like we packed it.
- Item must be returned undamaged and in original condition.
- Refund will be for the actual amount paid including shipping and insurance cost. We do not take responsibility for any personal or third party losses.
- Worldwide shipping, handling and insurance are free of charge.
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding/buying. These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up. Do not confuse them for additional shipping charges.
- All items are shipped from Israel within 5 business days after receiving your payment.
- All items are shipped by Express Mail Service (EMS), which usually takes 5-7 business days to arrive from shipping date, traceable on USPS website.
Free of charge - see above.
Our number: 0099-7363Unique template design, marketing, and strategy consulting from As Was®