Flapper Hat Patterns Millinery Make Hats Block Felt1931
This item has been shown 0 times.
Flapper Hat Patterns Millinery Make Hats Block Felt1931:
Click Here. Double your traffic. Get Vendio Gallery - Now FREE! Flapper Hat Patterns MILLINERY Make Hats Block Felt1931
Click to View Image Album
How to Make Hats:A Method of Self-Instruction Using Job Sheets - Fully Illustrated
Spiral Bound Book Republication™
by Rosalind Weiss
Originally Published in 1931!
Why Buy Just One?
Receive a 50% shipping/handling discount, on all items in your order after the first purchase, providing all are paid for in a single payment as invoiced!
Up for offer is another marvelous Dakota Prairie Treasures UNABRIDGED Spiral Bound Book Republication™ of our original "How to Make Hats" millinery lessons with NO RESERVE!" We scanned and reformatted a scare original and are pleased to offer you this wonderful antique millinery reference for your reenactment, boutique sales orpersonal recreation sewing pleasures!
ThisHISTORICitem hashundreds ofline drawings regarding the manufacturing of the most deliciously feminine FLAPPER ERA HATS & chapeaux in its317 pages! It includes instructions formany ofthe necessary stepsandneedle working techniques to make lovely hats!
This would be a great reference item for those interested inreenactment groups, opera, stage and theater costumers, students andfabric artists, Red Hat Society members and more! I hardly know where to begin! (Original is NOT for sale)
Our customers say:
"Item even better than expected. Will deal again!"
"WOW!!!!! This is really nice. 5 stars to the seller! Well worth the money. :)"
"Exceptional seller. Will work endlessly to help. Great business manner thanx"
This is certainly afine source of historically valuable techniques and inspiration for the creative millinery and fabric artists out there who recreate the hats and headdresses from the early 1930's. This is the perfect opportunity to purchase your own version of another wonderful craft instructional revealing our heritage from early America and European cultures!
"I have written this series of job sheets, "How to Make Hats," in an effort to simplify the teaching of millinery in day and evening schools, and to help teachers, students, and home milliners to follow trade standards.
The Book has been divided into ten units, totaling seventy jobs. Each unit consists of a group of closely related jobs which constitute a definite division of millinery...A job, as used in this text, is the sum total of a definite group of operations needed to complete a particular problem in millinery. Specific directions for performing each operation are given..."
First Aid to a Good Milliner
(Proper use of tools and materials)
Hand-blocked and Draped Felts and Straws; with Draped Crinoline Models
I. Headsize Band - a Prerequisite for All Millinery
2. Hand-blocked Felt Crowns
3. Hand-blocked Felt Brims - Worked from Edge to Headsize - Straight Seam
4. Hand-blocked Felt Brims - Worked from Headsize to Edge - No Seam
5. Hand-blocked Felt or Straw Brims - Worked from Edge to Headsize - When Brim is Cut and Lapped
6. Hand-blocked Felt or Straw Brims - Worked from Edge to Headsize - When Brim is to be Pleated, and When Block in Not Carved to Indicate Pleats
7. Draped Crinoline Brims - With Crinoline Cut Circular - Pinning the Seam after Draping (Preparatory to Draping Felt or Straw)
8. Draped Crinoline Brims - With Crinoline Cut Circular - Pinning the Seam Before Draping (Preparatory to Draping Felt or Straw
9. Draped Crinoline Brims - with Bias Crinoline (Preparatory to Draping Felt or Straw)
10. Draped Felt or Straw Brims - According to Crinoline Models or Finished Hats
11. Felt or Straw Brims Stretched on Patterns - When Using Flanges from Hoods or Bodies
12. Hand-blocked Straw Crowns
13. Hand-blocked Straw Brims - Worked from Edge to Headsize - Straight Seam
14. Hand-blocked Straw Brims - Without Seams - Worked from Headsize to Edge
15. Measuring, Cutting, and Joining True and Long Bias Strips - A Prerequisite for any Job Using a Bias
16. A Quarter-inch Bias Binding
17. A Quarter-inch Binding - With Ribbon One-half Inch Wide - With Both Selvage Showing
18. A Quarter-inch Binding - With Ribbon Three-quarters Inch Wide - With One Selvage Showing
19. A Circular Ribbon Flange - With Half-inch Belting Ribbon
20. A Circular Ribbon Flange - With One and One-half Inch Belting Ribbon - On a Steel Wire - One a Block - Placed on a Brim or Extending
21. Plain Folds
22. Milliner's Folds
23. A Finished Cord on a Wire - Sewed to a Brim - Suggestions for a Finished Cord on a Cable Cordand for an Unfinished Cord
FRAME MAKING - BRIMS
24. Hand-molded Brims - Bias - On Headsize or on Crowns
25. Making Brims with Patterns
26. Making Brims - Free Hand - Straight
27. Wire Frames - Brims
28. Model Frames - Brims
29. Stretched Brims - Fitted
30. Stretched Brims - Bias
31. Taking a Pattern from a Brim
32. Bias Top Facing - Raw Edge - Finished
32. Bias Under Facing - Raw Edge - on a Wire - Slipstitched - in One with Binding
33. Bias Under Facing - Raw Edge - on a Wire - Slipstitched - in One with Binding
34. Steamed Double Facing - Bias - with Suggestions for Using It as a Brim - A Coronet - a Loose Flange
35. Fitted Top Facing - without Seam - Fairly Regular Shapes
36. Fitted Top Facing - with Seam - Irregular Shapes
37. Fitted Under Facing - without Seam - Fairly Regular Shapes - Raw Edge - on a Wire - Slipstitched
38. Fitted Under Facing - with seam - Fairly Regular Shapes - Raw Edge - on a Wire - Slipstitched
39. Steamed Crinoline Foundation Crown - One Piece
40. Cutting Paper Patterns for Vertical Section Crowns- From Tip to Headsize or with Plain Side Crown
41. Vertical Section Crowns - Suggestions for Cording and Making Sectional Tip
42. Steamed Tip - Fitted Side Crown - Suggestions for Cording and Making Sectional Tip
43. Steamed Two-pieced Foundation Crown of Crinoline - On Regulation Block - On Block that is Larger at the Tip than at the Headsize
44. Cutting an Oval Tip Pattern - When Only the Headsize Measurement is Given - When the Diameters of the Headsize are Given
45. Tip and Side Crown - Stitched by Machine - Soft - Not Steamed - Plain - Draped - Even Rows of Stitching
46. Shirred Crowns - On Small Tips - With and Without Wire or Cord - With No Tips - Plain or Full Side Crowns
47. Copying and Designing Crown Patterns for Side-to-side Section Crowns - Suggestions Applied to Any Type Crown
48. Making a Crown with Side-to-side Section Patterns
49. Ribbon Crown with Side-to-side Section Patterns
49. Ribbon Crowns Worked Around - Of No. 16 Ribbon
50. Ribbon Crowns Worked Vertically From Center of Tip to Bottom of Crown - Suggestions for Using Folds in the Same Way
51. Soft Brim - By Pattern - With Even Rows of Machine Stitching - Suggestions for a Louse Flange - Fitted
52. Getting a Shaped Headsize Line on a Block - Preparatory to Making Turbans, or Berets (Tams)
53. Foundations for Turbans or Berets (Tams) - Maline - Taffeta - Crinoline
54. Suggestions for Ribbon Hats
55. Berets (Tams) - The Vertical Section Type - The Tip and Side Crown Type
56. How to Mount Berets (Tams)
57. Regulation Draped Turban
58. Steamed Maline Brim Over a Wire Frame
59. Steamed Maline Flange - Suggestions for Using Flange as a Brim - Suggestions for Steaming Lace
60. Steamed Maline Crown
61. Hair-braid Brims - Plain and Rolled Edge
62. Hair-braid Crowns - Any Crown Worked from Headsize to Tip
63. Straw Brims - Sewed Over a Model Frame Using Four- or Five-row Braid
64. Straw Crowns - Sewed Over a Block Using Four- or Five-row Braid
65. Straw Brims Using Woven Braid - Either Over a Pattern, or Model Frame, or Block, or Right on a Frame
66. Straw Crowns of Woven Braid - Ribbon Crowns Worked from the Tip Down
67. Suggestions for Renovating and Remodeling Hats
69. French or Open Lining
70. Ribbon Band or Fold - Used as a Lining (Sweat Band)
What a historically educational and delightful art instructional piece this is!
The ladies of earlier times put their hands to such marvelous work and now you can too! These are beautiful items and sure to delight you and yours! These instructions are very clear and easy to follow and yet the experience needleworker will be capable of altering as per individual needs and artistic whim.
The antique and vintage thread, fabrics, hat blocks, flowers, feathers, etc., can be found on quite readily. You just have to hunt a little bit! :) Or, of course, you can utilize contemporary tools and materials found at a near by fabric, craft or hobby store…
TheSpiral Bound BookRepublication™ you will receive is representative of the types of handicraft expertise of earlier genteel and feminine American and European culture! If you're into nostalgia like I am you will have many hours of enjoyment recreating antique needlework items for yourself or others dear to your heart just the way your great-grandmothers did!
You will appreciate the attention taken in providing a TOP QUALITY PRODUCT that you will use for many years to come. This information has been scannedat a high resolution and electronically revamped to provide you with the very best hardcopy reproduction. Our Spiral Bound Republication™ has so many more advantagesover the original book.
What are the benefits ofourantique bookSpiral Bound BookRepublications™?
* Our products are produced withfront andback covers ofheavy stock paper.
* Our products are made using the latest LaserJet printing technology meaning the ink will not smear likeinferior photocopy or inkjet products do.
* Our spiral binding allows your book to lie flat during use for ease of viewing while working on your needlework projects.
* Our products do not cost a small fortune for you to obtain and enjoy.
* Every image and every page has been scanned to produce crystal clear images and you never have to deal with any crumbling old paper!
* These scans are enlarged to full-page dimensions for ease of viewing!
* You cangift these wonderful Victorian, Edwardian pattern bookfinds with family and friends!
You will appreciate the attention we have taken in providing you with a TOP QUALITY PRODUCT that will be use for many years to come...
Check out Dakota Prairie Treasures'current sales for many other unique needlework Spiral Bound Book, CD and Single PatternRepublications™ for your creative needle workingpleasure!
Shipping: Within the USA: $4.00 via USPS. Out-of-country destinations (Canada included): $12.95 via USPS Air Mail. International buyers are responsible for their country's custom duties. We do not mark merchandise shipments as "gift" on the USPS Customs form.Combined shipping is available for all Dakota Prairie sales ending within 48 hours. A 50% s/h discount will be automatically applied to each item after the first purchase in all combined orders.Copyright Restrictions: All Dakota Prairie Treasures products produced by said seller are copyrighted and owned by us (as is all listing text and photos). Any descriptive text and trademarks provided by the seller in this listing's title, subtitle and description are the sole property of Dakota Prairie Treasures. All rights reserved. You are permitted to use our product's information for items you make for yourself, as gifts or for fully complete items you may produce to sell. However, the original designs and images remain the exclusive legal property of Dakota Prairie Treasures. Neither the DPT Product content or hardcopy designs or images, or any part thereof, may be reproduced, used in class lessons or duplicated in any media format to be resold or "shared" (either individually or as a package or kit) without Dakota Prairie Treasures' prior written consent.
I accept the following forms of payment:
Shipping & Handling
Why Buy Just One? Receive a 50% shipping/handling discount on all items in your order after the 1st purchase, providing all are paid for in a single payment as invoiced! Payment: PayPal only as per 's new (10-2008) seller regulations. Please visit our other sales & store listings for more items of similar interest! By offerding you have accepted all terms & conditions as stated in the listing description. Thank you!
US Shipping$4.00 USPS First-Class Mail®
International Shipping$27.00 USPS International Air Mail
FREE scheduling, supersized images
and templates. Get Vendio Sales scheduling, supersized images
and templates. Get Vendio Sales Manager.