Folkwear Metropolitan Hat Pattern ~ Vtg/retro 1910s Wwi
This item has been shown -1 times.
Folkwear Metropolitan Hat Pattern ~ Vtg/retro 1910s Wwi:
~ Folkwear Sewing Pattern 269 ~
Metropolitan Hat Pattern
Adult Sizes Small, Medium and Large
Item Description & Details
Item for sale is a sewing pattern, not a completed hat
Folkwear sewing pattern number 269. The pattern is uncut and complete with instructions. This hat dates from the early 20th century and represents a transitional period in millinery history -- following the oversize Victorian confections of veiling and stuffed birds, but before the head-hugging cloches of the 1920s. Fast and easy to sew, it has a casual and slightly slouchy look, with a modest brim and fabric flowers at center front. There are just three pattern pieces: Brim, Band, and Crown. Each piece is cut twice -- out of fabric, or fabric and complementary lining -- for a fully-lined, easy-to-wear chapeau. The decorative fabric Rosettes can be fashioned out of the hat fabric, contrasting materials such as lace, tulle, or glittering silk, or entirely replaced by a vintage brooch or dramatic button. Diagrams and easy to sew instructions for the rosettes are included. Suggested Fabrics: Linens, wools, silks, medium-weight cottons, denim, corduroy, fleece. NOTE: For soft, drapey fabrics, lightly interface the Band and Brim to maintain the proper silhouette.
Important Shipping Information
Payment is due within 4 days. If you are purchasing more than 1 item from me, please request a single invoice with combined postage before sending payment.
Packages are mailed promptly and buyers are sent confirmation of shipment. * * * Please allow extra delivery time for postal delays that are out of my control.
International Buyers – Please Note:
- Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
- Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding or buying.
Policies & Additional Important InformationCommunication:
- I answer all emails that I receive promptly, usually the same working day.
- PayPal is my Preferred method of payment so I can ship your order to you fast.
- Due to the increasing amount of fraud, I follow very strict PayPal guidelines.
Thank you for Choosing Bonnie's Pattern Shop