Ge General Electric Whiz Fan Antique Vintage Brass Blade "rare Condition" For Sale
General Electric "Whiz" 9" Fan
Made in The USA 1920's
Up for sale is an exceptional example of a General Electric "Whiz" table fan that has been completely restored to the highest of standards. This fan is the "Whiz" model with the built-in on/off switch. This fan is equipped with a single speed motor, brass blades, and is non-oscillating. It was produced in the 1920's andmay be one of themost popular GE models of its day.
This fan has been professionally restored to meet the original manufacturers specifications. Every part of this fan was restored to like new condition. From the matching dark greenpaint tothe antique power cord, every detail has been addressed. The result is a truly stunning piece of American History. This fan was produced over 90 years ago andmay be one of therarest GE models of its day. Over recent years these models have become quitevaluablein this condition and have grown significantly in popularity. This fannot only looks beautiful but it functionsas it was originally intended.
- The entire fan was completely disassembled.
- All paint was stripped, primed, sealed and prepared for painting.
- The fan blades were strippedandmachine polished to a mirror like shine then balanced for smooth operation.
- The cage is in perfect condition and did not need to be straightened.
- The fan was painted with 4 coats of "dark green" enamel and baked in an oven to cure. Enamel is what the fan was originally painted with in the 1920's.
- The enamel was then hand polished and waxed to create a smooth factory like finish.
- All brass hardware and the "GE Whiz" badge where polished to a brilliant shine.
- The badge was meticulously hand painted and polished exposing the raised GE Whizletters. This is a trademark of this particular fan.
- The motor was disassembled and cleaned although it was in near perfect condition.
- The stator windings were recoated.
- The main powerleads from the stator were replaced. They were soldered together and protected with heat shrink.
- The power cord was replaced with an antique style UL approved twisted cloth covered 6' cord with antique style plug.
- The power cord grommets were replaced.
- The base was replaced and recovered with felt wasthat resembles the original.
- The yoke bearings were cleaned, the oil cups filled, and wicks replaced.
- The fan was reassembled and fully tested for 4 hours. The fan runs smooth and quite.
- ModelGE Whiz
- Manufactured in 1920-1924
- Steel base and motor housing, steel cage, and brass blades and hardware.
- The brass blades measure 9" in diameter
- The cage is 10" across
- The base is 6" in diameter
- Total height including the cage is approximately 12"
- Cord is 6" long
- Fan weighs 6 pounds
- One speed, AC 110 volt motor
Everything on this fan works as originally intended. No corners were cut during the refurbishment process. The fan runs strong, smooth and quite. It is important that you are satisfied and I do my very best to describe my products as accurately as possible. I am a member of The Antique Fan Collectors Association and I personally restored this fan as well as many others. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. Best of luck with your offerding and enjoy!
- The fan will be professionally packed; double boxedandproperly protected to insure safe arrival.
- Fan will ship within 2 days of receivingpayment through PayPal.
- All shipments willhave atracking number provided.
- All U.S. shipments are sent USPS ground unless otherwise specified by customer; additional fees will apply.
- International shipping is available and additional rates will apply.
This item has been shown 0 times.