October 1st, 2014 International Day of Older Persons October 2nd, 2014 International Day of Non-Violence October 4th, 2014 Feast of St Francis of Assisi October 4th, 2014 Yom Kippur October 5th, 2014 Eid-al-Adha October 5th, 2014 World Teachers' Day October 6th, 2014 Child Health Day October 6th, 2014 World Habitat Day October 8th, 2014 World Day for Natural Disaster Reduction October 9th, 2014 World Post Day October 9th, 2014 Leif Erikson Day October 9th, 2014 World Sight Day October 9th, 2014 First day of Sukkot October 10th, 2014 World Mental Health Day October 11th, 2014 International Day of the Girl Child October 13th, 2014 Indigenous People's Day October 13th, 2014 Columbus Day October 13th, 2014 Native Americans' Day October 15th, 2014 International Day of Rural Women October 15th, 2014 Last day of Sukkot October 15th, 2014 White Cane Safety Day October 16th, 2014 Shmini Atzeret/Simchat Torah October 16th, 2014 Boss's Day October 16th, 2014 World Food Day October 17th, 2014 'Alaska Day' observed October 17th, 2014 World Day for Poverty Eradication October 18th, 2014 Alaska Day October 23rd, 2014 Diwali/Deepavali October 24th, 2014 United Nations Day October 24th, 2014 World Development Information Day October 25th, 2014 Muharram/Islamic New Year October 27th, 2014 World Day for Audiovisual Heritage October 29th, 2014 World Stroke Day October 31st, 2014 Halloween October 31st, 2014 Nevada Day November 1st, 2014 All Saints' Day November 1st, 2014 All Saints
Grueby Charles Rohlfs Van Erp Tiffany Studios Lamp Favrile Daum Gustav Stickley For Sale
HERE'S THE SCARCE AND IMPORTANT OUT-OF-PRINT SOFTCOVER CATALOG “IMPORTANT 20TH CENTURY DECORATIVE ARTS: INCLUDING ARTS & CRAFTS AND ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNS"!
Published by Christie's of New York for an sale sale that took place June 11, 1998, this scarce visually stunning 145-page/153-lot out-of-print catalog shows and identifies outstanding examples of Art Nouveau, Jugendstil, Art Deco, Moderne, among other stylistic developments of the late nineteenth and twentieth century!
To this end, some of the designers, manufacturers, architects, and/or artists whose works are shown and/or discussed in this out-of-print volume include but are not limited to:
Tiffany Studios, Louis Comfort Tiffany (L.C.T.), Louis Majorelle, Daum Freres, Muller Freres, Gabriel Argy-Rousseau, Emile Galle, Almaric (Almeric) Walter, Henri Berge, Jules Cheret, Max Blondat, Agathon Leonard, Susse Freres, Siot-Decauville Fondeur – Paris, Jacques-Emile Ruhlmann, Armand Albert Rateau, Eugene Printz, Eileen Gray, Jean-Michel Frank, Pierre Chareau, Dominique, Jean Lurcat, Helene Henry, Andre Metthey, Jean Mayodon, Marcel Bouraine, Kolomon (Kolo) Moser, Loetz, Professor Rudolf Bakalowits, Louis-Ernest Barrias, Ferdinand Preiss, William Spratling, Tetard Freres, Frank Lloyd Wright, Giannini & Hilgart, Grueby Faience, Wilhelmina Post, Marie Seaman, Gertrude Stanwood, Rookwood Pottery Company, Kataro Shirayamadani, Dirk Van Erp, Charles Rohlfs, Gustav Stickley, among others!
GENERALLY VERY GOOD AND CLEAN CATALOG with some rubbing, small bumping, and a few small scuffs and minor cerases on the cover (not bad) -- overall, this is still a very decent and tight scarce out-of-print catalog with a clean interior!
Domestic buyer pays $4.00 for secure packing and shipping within the United States.
Selected International buyer pays calculated shipping depending on country. (International shipping is “only” available to: United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, Austria, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Japan, Israel, and New Zealand. If you are "not located" in one of these countries, please do not offer without contacting me for approval. Thank you.)
!!! TERMS & CONDITIONS OF offerDING ON THIS sale !!!
1) COMMUNICATION FROM THE WINNING buyer IS ESSENTIAL -- PLEASE CONTACT ME WITHIN 3 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF THE sale, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMPLETE YOUR PAYMENT DURING THIS TIME PERIOD! THANK YOU!
2) THERE IS A SHIPPING COST STIPULATED IN THE sale DESCRIPTION FOR BOTH DOMESTIC WITHIN THE UNITED STATES AND INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING TO SELECTED COUNTRIES (PLEASE SEE ITEM #3).
3) BECAUSE OF TOO MANY PROBLEMS WITH OVERSEAS SHIPMENTS, I “ONLY” SHIP TO SELECTED INTERNATIONAL COUNTRIES, WHICH INCLUDE: UNITED KINGDOM, CANADA, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, FRANCE, BELGIUM, NETHERLANDS, SWITZERLAND, SPAIN, DENMARK, SWEDEN, FINLAND, NORWAY, JAPAN, ISRAEL, AND NEW ZEALAND. IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN ONE OF THESE COUNTRIES, PLEASE DO NOT offer WITHOUT CONTACTING ME FOR APPROVAL. THANK YOU.
4) ALL DOMESTIC PACKAGES ARE SHIPPED VIA “USPS” MEDIA MAIL / BOOKRATE WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION UNLESS ANOTHER SHIPPING METHOD IS REQUESTED.
5) ALL INTERNATIONAL PACKAGES ARE SHIPPED VIA “USPS” PRIORITY WITH PROOF OF DELIVERY RECEIPTS.
6) ***IMPORTANT*** THE "DELIVERY CONFIRMATION" RECEIPTS AND "PROOF OF MAILING" RECEIPTS ARE MY WAY OF PROVING THAT A PACKAGE HAS BEEN SHIPPED.
7) COMBINED SHIPPING: YES, I COMBINE ITEMS FOR SHIPMENT TO SAVE ON COSTS. PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR A COMBINED SHIPPING COST. THANK YOU.
8) IF USING PAYPAL, SUCCESSFUL buyer “MUST” MAKE PAYMENT WITHIN 3 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF sale UNLESS OTHER ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE WITH THE SELLER. AGAIN, COMMUNICATION WITH THE SELLER IS IMPORTANT!
9) IF SENDING PAYMENT VIA REGULAR MAIL, SUCCESSFUL buyer “MUST” MAKE PAYMENT WITHIN 10 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF sale UNLESS OTHER ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE WITH THE SELLER. AGAIN, COMMUNICATION WITH THE SELLER IS IMPORTANT!
10) CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS CAN ONLY BE MADE THROUGH PAYPAL.COM
11) IF PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED WITHIN 3 DAYS FOR PAYPAL OR 10 DAYS FOR REGULAR MAIL AND THE SUCCESSFUL buyer IS NOT RESPONDING TO THE SELLER'S E-MAIL MESSAGES, THE ITEM IS SUBJECT TO RELISTING OR ANOTHER SALE – AND A “NON-PAYING” buyer CLAIM WILL BE FILED.
12) PLEASE SEE ALL THE ACCOMPANYING IMAGES SHOWN ABOVE FOR A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE BOOK OR OTHER ITEM UP FOR sale!
13) AS OF MID-1999, AT THE REQUEST OF ADMINISTRATION, THE FOLLOWING CLARIFICATION HAS BEEN ADDED TO ALL OF MY sales: THE NAMES OF THE DESIGNERS, ARCHITECTS, ARTISTS, SCHOOLS, AND/OR ARTISTIC MOVEMENTS MENTIONED IN THIS sale ARE ALSO AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE BOOK, CATALOG, OR EPHEMERAL ITEM LISTED IN THIS sale!
IN THE EVENT THAT THE ITEM IS AN OBJECT, ALL SUCH NAMES ARE INCLUDED IN THE sale DESCRIPTION TO PROVIDE HISTORICAL AND/OR BIOGRAPHICAL CONTEXT FOR THE ITEM!
LASTLY, SHOULD THE WORD "EAMES" BE USED IN THE SEARCH TITLE, IT IS THERE FOR THE PURPOSE OF REFERENCING THE MID-CENTURY TIME PERIOD OF THE 1940S THROUGH THE 1970S.
14) THIS ITEM IS BEING OFFERED BY DESIGN REFERENCES -- ESTABLISHED BY A FORMER ART MUSEUM CURATOR TURNED BOOKSELLER SPECIALIZING in OUT-OF-PRINT and PERIOD MATERIALS on the PROGRESSIVE IDEAS of MODERNISM and POST-MODERNISM in DECORATIVE ARTS and ARCHITECTURE, INDUSTRIAL and STUDIO ARTS of the 19TH & 20TH CENTURIES.
15) PLEASE -- NO REQUESTS FOR PHOTOCOPIES OF THIS ITEM. I DO NOT MAKE PHOTOCOPIES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
16) AGAIN, COMMUNICATION IS KEY! IF YOU HAVE SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES INVOLVING YOUR PAYMENT FOR THIS ITEM, PLEASE CONTACT ME AND I WILL WORK WITH YOU -- THANKS!
17) LASTLY -- WHEN OBSTACLES AND PROBLEMS LOOM LARGE AND YOU SEEM TO BE AT A STAND STILL, REMEMBER THAT EVEN A FALTERING STEP FORWARD IS BETTER THAN NO STEP AT ALL.
This item has been shown 0 times.
Grueby Charles Rohlfs Van Erp Tiffany Studios Lamp Favrile Daum Gustav Stickley: $28