Gruelle Georgene 15"raggedy Ann + Her Friend Gund Vintage Old Cloth Clown Doll For Sale
This vintage GUND Creation toy clown doll and Georgene Raggedy Ann are friends! In the raggedy stories by Johnny Gruelle, there is a clown character named Cleety- (this is not him but he is dressed, like Cleety, in red and white).
- Cheery GUND clown is between 16/17” TALL not including his hat. The reverse side of his tag says, “J. Swedlin, Inc.200-5th Ave NYC 10, N.Y. His body red cloth with large red felt, flat on the bottom, feet. The back of his head is white cloth while the front is a painted lightly textured plastic of some kind.
- He has a pleasant expression-(no scary clowns allowed here!) and he has the approval of the always kind, Raggedy Ann.
- CLOWN's Outfit’s elastic openings are stretched out/some uneven fading of outfit. Light wear on face. Pom poms attached later by previous owner w/safety pins at neck and tip of hat.
- Georgene Raggedy Ann doll is about 15” tall with a last date on tag of 1947. From the 1950’s era, she has her original floral print dress which has a white painted snap at the back of the neck.
- Dress in good, though slightly yellowed shape.
- No pantaloons or apron.
- Great full wig and generous topknot. Tin eyes in good shape as are the still bright painted features.
- Her main flaws are thewatermarks on the face/light grime on hands.
- No rips or tears, nice and sturdy, nice feel as she is heavy for her size compared to modern polyfil-filled dolls(stuffed with cotton) .No unpleasant odors or smell of smoke/nonsmokinghome.
Thanks! Please email with any questions. Shipping is 7.90 USA, 22.00 to Canada or 30.00 Overseas. If you enjoy vintage collectibles or fun older items for your home/collections, please view our other sales. Save on shipping too!Be sure to add me to your favorites list!
This item has been shown 0 times.