Gruelle Georgene 15"raggedy Ann + Her Friend Gund Vintage Old Cloth Clown Doll
This item has been shown 0 times.
Gruelle Georgene 15"raggedy Ann + Her Friend Gund Vintage Old Cloth Clown Doll:
This vintage GUND Creation toy clown doll and Georgene Raggedy Ann are friends! In the raggedy stories by Johnny Gruelle, there is a clown character named Cleety- (this is not him but he is dressed, like Cleety, in red and white).
- Cheery GUND clown is between 16/17” TALL not including his hat. The reverse side of his tag says, “J. Swedlin, Inc.200-5th Ave NYC 10, N.Y. His body red cloth with large red felt, flat on the bottom, feet. The back of his head is white cloth while the front is a painted lightly textured plastic of some kind.
- He has a pleasant expression-(no scary clowns allowed here!) and he has the approval of the always kind, Raggedy Ann.
- CLOWN's Outfit’s elastic openings are stretched out/some uneven fading of outfit. Light wear on face. Pom poms attached later by previous owner w/safety pins at neck and tip of hat.
- Georgene Raggedy Ann doll is about 15” tall with a last date on tag of 1947. From the 1950’s era, she has her original floral print dress which has a white painted snap at the back of the neck.
- Dress in good, though slightly yellowed shape.
- No pantaloons or apron.
- Great full wig and generous topknot. Tin eyes in good shape as are the still bright painted features.
- Her main flaws are thewatermarks on the face/light grime on hands.
- No rips or tears, nice and sturdy, nice feel as she is heavy for her size compared to modern polyfil-filled dolls(stuffed with cotton) .No unpleasant odors or smell of smoke/nonsmokinghome.
Thanks! Please email with any questions. Shipping is 7.90 USA, 22.00 to Canada or 30.00 Overseas. If you enjoy vintage collectibles or fun older items for your home/collections, please view our other sales. Save on shipping too!Be sure to add me to your favorites list!