May 19th, 2013 Pentecost May 20th, 2013 Whit Monday May 21st, 2013 World Day for Cultural Diversity May 22nd, 2013 National Maritime Day May 22nd, 2013 World Biological Diversity Day May 25th, 2013 African Liberation Day May 26th, 2013 Trinity Sunday May 27th, 2013 Memorial Day May 27th, 2013 Jefferson Davis Birthday May 29th, 2013 International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers May 30th, 2013 Corpus Christi May 31st, 2013 World No Tobacco Day June 1st, 2013 Statehood Day June 3rd, 2013 Jefferson Davis Birthday June 4th, 2013 World Day for Child Victims of Aggression June 5th, 2013 World Environment Day June 6th, 2013 Isra and Mi'raj June 8th, 2013 World Oceans Day June 11th, 2013 Kamehameha Day June 12th, 2013 World Day Against Child Labour June 14th, 2013 World Blood Donor Day June 14th, 2013 Flag Day June 16th, 2013 Father's Day June 17th, 2013 Bunker Hill Day June 17th, 2013 World Day to Combat Desertification June 19th, 2013 Juneteenth June 20th, 2013 World Refugee Day June 20th, 2013 West Virginia Day
INTERNATIONAL BUYERS TAKE NOTE:
1) All of your government's fees, taxes, duties and so on, over and above shipping costs, are YOUR responsibility.
2) DO NOT RELY ON 's ESTIMATED SHIPPING COSTS - THEY ARE ALWAYS TOO LOW! Please contact us for your SHI cost or wait for us to send you an invoice.
3) There's more info for International Buyers in Section 5 of our TERMS.
This early example of the beautiful pottery created by the Hopi was done by Paqua Naha, the 'First Frog Woman', who was born in the late 1800s and died in 1955. The bowl has black decoration applied to a 'terra cotta' body and measures 7 5/8" across the top rim by 3 1/2" tall. Paqua Naha's mark was a frog with straight-line toes, as seen in the pix below.
There are a total of four decorated panels around the bowl's exterior, separated by vertical lines; two of the panels are totally different from each other, and each of these unique designs appears twice - with the expected slight differences in the way each pattern is executed. Below we show one example of each panel, with the bowl upside-down.
The bowl's interior is completely undecorated, and there's an applied black band around the top rim that shows some wear. (See the next two pix.)
There are absolutely no chips, cracks, nicks, stains or other damage on this handsome piece, and the only signs of wear are on the top rim - as noted above - where some of the black has worn away. The interior and especially the exterior surfaces show age patina, but we didn't clean this bowl in any way because we know that most collectors prefer these pieces in original condition.
If this description, including the TERMS section below, has left any questions unanswered, we encourage you to eMail us before placing a offer. Please note that we may not be able to answer questions posed on the same day that the sale closes.
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUR OTHER ITEMS!
THANKS AND GOOD LUCK!
Pay me securely with any major credit card through PayPal!
We accept PayPal from buyers worldwide; however, item MUST be shipped to the address that PayPal provides to us.
1) REGARDING PAYMENTS: We will send you an invoice shortly after the sale closes. All payments must be in US dollars and should be received no more than 5 days from the sale's close. California residents / addressees must pay State Sales Tax in addition to their offer price OR provide a hard copy (NOT an eMail / PDF / FAX / JPG / etc.) of a valid, signed Resale Card before merchandise can be shipped - ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS!
2) FREE SHIPPING + INSURANCE: Provided within the continental US only, via UPS Ground Service or Priority Mail shipping (with Delivery or Signature Confirmation) - BUT ONLY IF WE MAY CHOOSE THE CARRIER! Buyer must pay all costs if an alternate means of transportation is desired/required, and that may include USPS within 'the lower 48'. For example: We normally send items that we deem to be large, heavy and/or expensive via UPS; if we must send such an item to a PO box, buyer will be responsible for all charges incurred, LESS a $10 credit in lieu of UPS shipping costs. Note that any SHI cost we quote will be the lowest amount we will be able to accept in order to ship this lot to you - so PLEASE don't suggest or try to negotiate a lower SHI price. Thanks.
For goods that are to be shipped to Hawaii, Alaska or outside the US, contact us prior to placing a offer to learn your SHI cost. DO NOT EXPECT TO PAY 's ESTIMATED SHIPPING COSTS - THEY DON'T INCLUDE REQUIRED SERVICES AND THEREFORE THEY ARE ALWAYS TOO LOW!
For items shipped outside the US, buyer will pay actual shipping, insurance and delivery confirmation charges, LESS a $10 credit to compensate for our free domestic shipping policy. Packages going to Hawaii or Alaska will have to be sent via the PO; if that's the service we would have used to send the item(s) to an address 'in the lower 48', no additional charges or credits will accrue to the buyer. However, large, heavy &/or expensive items - which we always send via UPS ground service domestically - will incur extra charges when sent to AK and HI via the PO; in these instances, buyer will pay actual shipping, insurance and delivery confirmation charges, LESS a $10 credit to compensate for our free domestic shipping policy. Again, note that any SHI cost we quote will be the lowest amount we will be able to accept in order to ship this lot to you - so PLEASE don't suggest or try to negotiate a lower SHI price. Thanks.
Generally, we do NOT allow pick-up of merchandise by local buyers. (Items designated 'Pick-up Only' excepted, of course.) Contact us BEFORE placing a offer if you wish us to consider a merchandise pick-up, and please be prepared to have us decline your request.
3) REGARDING PAYPAL: We accept PayPal from buyers in all participating countries, worldwide, but the item MUST be shipped to the address provided to us by PayPal. For items that are to be shipped outside of the US AND have an offer price of $250 or more, we will need to ship via the usually-more-expensive USPS EXPRESS MAIL method, in order to comply with PayPal's 'Seller Protection' requirements. NO EXCEPTIONS.
4) REGARDING SHIPPING TIME: Our goal is to get your purchase shipped as soon as possible - though when we can ship depends on when we receive payment. (See below.)
Usually, Domestic packages are sent within 2 business days of payment; International shipments may take a day or two longer. And there may be times when exceptions will need to be made - when we must deal with storms, earthquakes, power outages, and so on; personal & family illnesses/emergencies; unusually high sales volume; or other unforeseen circumstances - and in those instances we will ship as soon as it becomes possible for us to do so.
Note that we schedule time to package and ship our merchandise shortly after our sets of sales close; if you don't make payment promptly, it may take us a bit longer to schedule the shipping of your item(s). THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING!
5) INTERNATIONAL BUYERS PLEASE NOTE: If your region or country is not on our 'Ship to' list, please contact us before placing a offer. (Be advised that we will ship to HONG KONG, but nowhere else in China.) All duties, tariffs, taxes, and/or other fees imposed by an international purchaser's Customs (or other government) Department(s) are the sole responsibility of the buyer.
And, this transaction will typically be represented on the customs forms as a purchase of 'used merchandise', and it will be valued at your offer price. We will NEVER falsify Customs Documents; doing so is a crime, and so is ASKING us to do so! We will be happy to add to the paperwork any TRUTHFUL descriptions of your merchandise, when applicable, if they may help to mitigate your country's fees - such as 'antique', 'returning to country of origin' and so on; if you are aware of any such relevant and truthful descriptions, be sure to bring them to our attention when you make payment.
AGAIN, PLEASE DON'T ASK US TO FALSIFY CUSTOMS DOCUMENTS!
THANKS FOR CONSIDERING OUR MERCHANDISE. WE APPRECIATE IT!