Ham It Up V1.3: Rf Upconverter For Sdr (funcube, Rtlsdr); Mf/hf Converter R820t2 For Sale
- Need help? 1 (888) OLD-ELEC
- Welcome to NooElec!
Product Details Manufacturer NooElec Model Ham It Up v1.3 Quantity
- 1 fully assembled RF upconverter
Now shipping v1.3!We believe this is the best SDR upconverter available. Here is why.
Major version changes:
- Input, output and LOfilters reconfigured for substantial sensitivity and selectivity improvements
- New ultra low-noise linear power regulator (LP5907), withvoltage noise under 10µVRMS!
- Optional battery-powered operationfor DXing on the go! (easy-to-assemble AAA battery holder sold separately, or roll-your-own solution with the easily-accessible battery power input vias)
- Newside-mount LED indicators, easily visible with or without an enclosure (Green = upconvert mode enabled; Yellow = USB powered; Red = low voltage)
- Fully-assembled broadband RF noise sourcebuilt-in (Note: SMA output jack excluded to comply with government regulations, but can be purchased separately)
- u.FL socket (also known as IPX and UMCC)available foroptional clock injection from an external clock source, should a higher-accuracy clock be desired
- 5 otheru.FL socket mounting footprintsfor simplified testing, troubleshooting and demonstrational purposes
- Additional mounting holesto facilitate custom installations
- Sturdy right-angle SMA connectorsto improve spacing tolerances and ensure physical compatibility with our machined aluminum enclosures (enclosures sold separately)
- Redesigned for asurface-mount oscillatorto eliminate potential oscillator-desocketing issues
IMPORTANT NOTE: due to changes implemented in v1.3, enclosures built for previous Ham It Up models are NOT 100% compatible. Specifically, new end-panels are required for full compatibility with older enclosures. Along with v1.3-specific enclosures, we also carry end-panel sets to allow for installation of Ham It Up v1.3 into older enclosures. If you cannot find these in our store, please contact us!
- Female SMAfor a wide array of connectivity options
- In-line SMAconnectors. Much easier to connect and manipulate than side-by-side SMA connectors
- Antenna protectionon RF input--in-circuit in both enable and passthrough mode--to protect your Ham It Up & SDR from stray ESD
- All critical components sourced exclusively fromNorth American parts componentsused in the signal path
- Ultra-high-Q, low ESRinductors and capacitors used for all filters
- Powered bya sturdy & commonUSB-B USB socketfor a multitude of power input options
- RF-suitable power supplyregulation (LP5907)
- PTC fuseon USB power input to protect your Ham It Up upconverter from short toggle switch--less fiddling with small, delicate cables and connectors
- 125MHz oscillatorfor improved sensitivity (away from high-traffic RF zones, like broadcast FM)
- Stable <25ppm disabled in passthrough mode
- A maximum input level of +1dBm with LO at +7dBm
- High-quality 2-layerPCBwith ENIG finish
- Small, light-weight PCB (just 3.8" x 1.9")
- Designed to fit standard off-the-shelf Hammond enclosures
- 7 mounting holesfor standard PC screws
- Designed and manufacturered in conjunction withOpendous Inc., an excellentopen-hardware designcompany
- Full project documentation--schematics, PCB design files, assembly information--is freely available.
- A portion of the proceeds from your purchase will be used tosupportthis and style="color: rgb(47, 47, 47); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;">BONUS! We had space left on the PCB, so rather than waste it we have added a noise source circuit at no additional cost! We have even populated most of the components for you. We have the SMA connector required to complete this bonus noise source circuit available for a small additional fee. Details of the noise source circuit are available with the project documentation.
Before operating your unit for the first time, and every time you run with a new SDR, we recommend running the tuning procedurelocated here. It is not a mandatory procedure but may help fine-tune your, erm. tuning. The basic operational instructions follow.
- Connect your antenna to the RF input
- Connect your SDR to the IF output
- Ensure your toggle switch is in the enable position
- Plug your USB power source into the USB-B USB jack
- Fire up your favorite SDR software. Tune to 125MHz +(+/- the tuning offset from the tuning procedure) + your desired frequency and enjoy!
Why purchase from NooElec? Because we know software defined radio, and know it well. We support our products. We warranty our products. Perhaps most importantly, we understand our products. We are always glad to help customers who have technical questions.
This item has been shown times.
Ham It Up V1.3: Rf Upconverter For Sdr (funcube, Rtlsdr); Mf/hf Converter R820t2: