Harper's Weekly Civil War Era Newspaper With Portfolio
This item has been shown 0 times.
Harper's Weekly Civil War Era Newspaper With Portfolio:
Harper's Weekly Civil War Era Newspaper with PortfolioHere is a complete, genuine historic newspaper with the following title, date and description:
HARPER WEEKLY, dated 1861-1865, New York, from during the Civil War.
* Displayed within a Deluxe Gift Portfolio
This newspaper is an authentic Civil War Era issue from this famous illustrated title. The woodcut prints are very detailed and each issue is full of Civil War reports and illustrations. The issue has only minimal wear and foxing/staining, is complete, and is in very nice condition due to the use of "rag" paper (paper with high cotton content). Slight edge tears and binding holes are typical, and are only minor. A great CW era item; very collectible; nice for framing! Complete is 16 pages - approximately 11 by 16 inches. A highly collectible newspaper.
The paper you receive will not be the exact same issue shown in the photos. They are stock photos showing the typical look, condition, etc. of the issue you will receive. Actual dates vary, but will all be as described and from within the CW era!
The issue is presented within an attractive black buffalo grain portfolio with a decorative mahogany left spine. It includes the Timothy Hughes Rare & Early Newspapers logo stamped in gold leaf on the front cover and is constructed using acid-free archival quality materials. The newspaper is placed within an inner transparent sleeve for protection and display. Makes a great presentation for that extra special gift!View additional information concerning collecting rare newspapers:Please Note: All of our offerings are 100% authentic! We do not offer reprints or reproductions of any kind. They are guaranteed to be original!
See below the photo for additional information related to Shipping, our Return Policy, Premium Packaging, Certificates of Authenticity, and other offerings by
Timothy Hughes Rare & Early Newspapers. Shipping Policy...
- A U.S. winner pays $7.00 S&H. Combined shipping is available for additional items won (within a 7 day period) for only $1.00 per item (excluding bound volumes) provided the items are paid for simultaneously.
- All U.S. orders include insurance and are guaranteed (at no additional cost to the buyer).
- All U.S. bound orders include delivery confirmation (if sent by USPS) and/or tracking (if sent by UPS).
- Expedited shipping is available for all orders upon request. Every effort is made to ship all orders within 24 business hours of receiving payment.
If the automated checkout process does not properly combine shipping according to our stated shipping policy, please contact us to obtain a revised invoice. Thank you.International Shipping Policy...
- Upon purchasing, international winners should contact us for an invoice which includes S&H to their location.
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility. Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding/buying.
- If insurance is desired, be in touch for a quote. All insured orders are subject to customs, duties, & taxes for the amount insured and are subject to item 2 above.
- Large and/or brittle issues must be shipped flat and are required to be shipped by Priority Mail International (PMI), often at a weight of 3 pounds or more - quite expensive. Please contact us for a pre-purchase/pre-offerding S&H quote if you are concerned about the potential S&H cost.
- International purchasers are encouraged to take advantage of our combined shipping policy to lower the cost per item S&H.
We have been dealers in rare newspapers for over 33 years, currently serve as a consultant to the Freedom Forum Newseum , and are members of the American Antiquarian Society. offer with confidence knowing that every item we offer is guaranteed to be absolutely genuine.
View My Other OfferingsMore Information About Us
Timothy Hughes Rare Newspapers
P.O. Box 3636
Williamsport, PA 17701-8636E-mail: contact us via messages
FAX: 570-326-7606Hours: M-F, 7:30-4:00 EST
If the winner would like to have either the Premium Packaging with a $7.00 folder or the $3.00 Certificate included with their issue, please purchase these through from our cross-promoted items which will appear once you place your offer and will appear again after you have purchased this item.