Harvey 1847 Baltimore Clipper Wood Model Tall Ship 35" Sailboat Boat For Sale
Harvey 1847 Baltimore Clipper Wood Model Ship 35" Boat Harvey Baltimore Clipper Ship Wooden Model Sailboat 35"
This high quality, highly detailed, expert level, Harvey model is Brand New, fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit).
This Harvey Tall Ship Model was specially designed & built by the plank on bulkhead method (joining multiple small pieces of wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood together on the hull). The sailboat model is built exactly to scale as the original Harvey Baltimore Clipper was with many details. The task required skillful craftsmen hundreds of hours to accomplish.
The Harvey was built in 1847 in Baltimore, Maryland. Designed as a Baltimore Clipper, she was a very fast topsail schooner working out of the port of Galveston Texas. At the turn out the Century she was making several voyages a year between Galveston and the ancient Jewish port of Jaffa which at the time was still under the Ottaman empire. Her main cargo was hemp used to make ropes for the rigging of ships.
The Baltimore Clippers were topsail schooners or brigs with raked masts and sharp deep hulls that allowed them to sail close to the wind. They were orginally used as slavers and light cargo vessels, but their speed made them ideal privaters. In the War of 1812, sailing under Letters of Marque the Chasseur commanded by Captain Thomas Boyle captured 45 British merchant ships. The Chasseur was later nicknamed the "Pride of Baltimore" and a replica of her sails today and can be seen in Baltimore.
The model measures 35" long from bow to stern. It's a beautiful boat model that is sure to become a treasured family heirloom.
Highlights about this Baltimore Clipper model tall ship:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on bulkhead” construction method
- Included with this intermediate level sailboat model is a solid wood base with a brass name plate
- Size: 35" overall length x 26" height x 8.3" width
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this model sailboat
- Completed model contains thousands of details created by skillful master craftsmen.
- Made of finest wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood.
- Chrome and brass fittings and ornaments constitute the excellence of this model
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the buy with confidence-100% money-back guarantee
Please browse in Capt.JimsCar-go for more Museum Quality Ship Models, Old World Style Globe Hidden Bars, Half Hull Models, Nautical Brass Telescopes, XL Teak Ship Steering Wheels and more.To browse more items - Click on the Logo below
(close the new window to return to this item)
- We accept PayPal (which
includes Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and e-checks). Payment is expected within 7 days
after sale closes. After that the item will be re listed.
- With ProPay we also accept credit cards Mastercard,
Visa, Discover® & American Express®.
Buyers please pay with PayPal.
- Massachusetts residents will be charged a 6.25% sales tax.
- Free shipping only within the continental 48 U.S. States.
- Item will be shipped within 4 business days of payment received confirmation via Fedex GROUND (approx. 2-5 business days within 48 states).
- A tracking number will be provided after the item has shipped out.
- All shipments are FULLY INSURED.
- Shipping is available to anywhere in the WORLD via Ocean Freight or Air Freight, please contact me for an exact quote.
- If shipping is to be to Alaska, Puerto Rico or Hawaii, or any other part of the world, please contact me for the exact shipping.
- International buyers are responsible for all customs & import fees, please contact your local post office for rates.
Packing: Models are securely packed with foam sheets, peanuts or bubble wraps. Most of the items are shipped double boxes. All tall ships expert level are fully assembled and packed in an extremely secure wooden crate which is boxed and sometimes double box.
- 100% money-back guarantee if not satisfied.
- For damaged or defective items: Report any damage or defectiveness within 14 days of shipment arrival. The item will be replaced or a refund will be issued for the full cost of the item when replacement is unavailable. To get a replacement, please simply return the model (It's the buyers responsibility to return the shipment within 14 days after notifying me) please contact me to get a return authorization. For other reasons, restocking fees applied.
- This item was in stock at the time of listing. If this item should run out of stock you will be given the option of a full refund or use the messages system (Ask a Question, Contact Member) to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. This will assure that your message will be received.
This item has been shown times.
Harvey 1847 Baltimore Clipper Wood Model Tall Ship 35" Sailboat Boat:
- We accept PayPal (which includes Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and e-checks). Payment is expected within 7 days after sale closes. After that the item will be re listed.