Hindenburg Zeppelin Airship Wood Blimp Model Aircraft For Sale
Hindenburg Zeppelin Airship Wood Blimp Model Aircraft
Hindenburg Zeppelin Airship Model Aircraft 44"
On Sale Now! For a 10% discount, please make an offer of $314.99! To do this just click on the blue "Make Offer" button above, enter $314.99 and the offer will be automatically accepted.
This expert level, highly detailed, museum quality, Hindenburg zeppelin aircraft model is brand new, fully built & assembled (not a kit). The manufacturer is Authentic Models (please see below).
The Hindenburg zeppelin airship model is completely hand-built & handcrafted of silk fabric stretched across a lightweight wooden frame, there are over 600 glue joints. Other parts are made of wood and metal.
The bridge cockpit is detailed. The model aircraft is meant to be displayed hanging from the ceiling.
This dirigible model is painted silver and the markings are "Hindenburg" above the bridge, aircraft identification numbers midship and on the tail will be a red square with a white circle (decals are included if you want to add the black cross). It is sure to become a conversational addition to your aviation decor. This model airship is large size, perfect for hanging from your ceiling.
- Size: 44.5" length x approximately 9" in diameter
- Material: Silk fabric, wood & metal
- Manufacturer: Authentic Models
- Handcrafted individually
- Free shipping within the continental 48 U.S. States
The Hindenburg disaster took place on Thursday, May 6, 1937, as the German passenger airship LZ 129 Hindenburg caught fire and was destroyed as it was attempting to dock with its mooring mast at the Lakehurst Naval Air Station, which is located adjacent to the borough of Lakehurst, New Jersey.
Of the 97 people on board, 35 people died in addition to one fatality on the ground. The disaster was the subject of spectacular newsreel coverage, photographs, and Herbert Morrison's recorded radio eyewitness report from the landing field, which was broadcast the next day.
The actual cause of the fire remains unknown, although a variety of theories have been put forward for both the cause of ignition and the initial fuel for the ensuing fire. The accident served to shatter public confidence in the giant, passenger-carrying rigid airship, and marked the end of the airship era. The article "Hindenburg disaster" is part of the Wikipedia encyclopedia. Models Inc was created more than 40 years ago in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Authentic Model's expertise and interests go back many centuries. AM's collection of nautical ship models, furniture, artifacts and accessories is inspired by the age of exploration, maritime history, cartography and more…Learn more about Authentic Models Inc
More Fully Built Zeppelin Dirigibles & A Larger Hindenberg Model by Authentic Models Are Available.
Please buy with confidence-100% money-back guarantee
Please browse CaptJimsCar-go for more Aviation Home Decor, Nautical Etched Furniture, Museum Quality Ship Models, Old World Style Globe Bars and Low Priced Nautical Gifts!
(close the new window to return to this item)!
- We accept PayPal (which includes Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and e-checks). Payment is expected within 7 days after sale closes. After that the item will be re listed.
- With ProPay wealso accept credit cards Mastercard, Visa, Discover® & American Express®.
- International Buyers please pay with PayPal.
- Massachusetts residents will be charged a 6.25% sales tax.
- PayPal-'s service to make fast, easy, and secure payments for your purchases!
- Free shipping only within the continental 48 U.S. States
- Item will be shipped within 3 business days of payment received confirmation via UPS GROUND (approx. 2-5 business days within 48 states). A tracking number will be provided after the item has shipped out . All shipments are FULLY INSURED.
- If shipping is to be to Alaska, Puerto Rico or Hawaii, or any other part of the world, please contact me for the exact shipping.
Packing: Models & furniture are securely packed with foam sheets, peanuts or bubble wraps. Most of the items are shipped double money-back guarantee if not satisfied.
- For damaged or defective items: Report any damage or defectiveness within 14 days of shipment arrival. The item will be replaced or a refund will be issued for the full cost of the item when replacement is unavailable. To get a replacement, please simply return the item (It's the buyers responsibility to return the shipment within 14 days after notifying me). For other reasons please contact me to get a return authorization, restocking fees applied.
- This item was in stock at the time of listing. If this item should run out of stock you will be given the option of a full refund or backorder. use the messages system (Ask a Question, Contact Member) to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. This will assure that your message will be received.
This item has been shown times.