Hindu Elephant God Ganesh Lord Of Success Amulet Pendant&brooch Pin Gp #2 [gold]
This item has been shown 0 times.
Hindu Elephant God Ganesh Lord Of Success Amulet Pendant&brooch Pin Gp #2 [gold]:
HINDU ELEPHANT GOD GANESH LORD OF SUCCESS AMULET PENDANT&BROOCH PIN GP #2 [GOLD]
Ganesha — the elephant-deity riding a mouse — has become one of the commonest mnemonics for anything associated with Hinduism. This not only suggests the importance of Ganesha, but also shows how popular and pervasive this deity is in the minds of the masses.
The Lord of Success
The son of Shiva and Parvati, Ganesha has an elephantine countenance with a curved trunk and big ears, and a huge pot-bellied body of a human being. He is the Lord of success and destroyer of evils and obstacles. He is also worshipped as the god of education, knowledge, wisdom and wealth. In fact, Ganesha is one of the five prime Hindu deities (Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva and Durga being the other four) whose idolatry is glorified as thepanchayatana puja.
Significance of the Ganesha Form
Ganesha's head symbolizes theAtmanor the soul, which is the ultimate supreme reality of human existence, and his human body signifiesMayaor the earthly existence of human beings. The elephant head denotes wisdom and its trunk representsOm, the sound symbol of cosmic reality. In his upper right hand Ganesha holds a goad, which helps him propel mankind forward on the eternal path and remove obstacles from the way. The noose in Ganesha's left hand is a gentle implement to capture all difficulties.
The broken tusk that Ganesha holds like a pen in his lower right hand is a symbol of sacrifice, which he broke for writing theMahabharata. The rosary in his other hand suggests that the pursuit of knowledge should be continuous. Theladdoo(sweet) he holds in his trunk indicates that one must discover the sweetness of theAtman. His fan-like ears convey that he is all ears to our petition. The snake that runs round his waist represents energy in all forms. And he is humble enough to ride the lowest of creatures, a mouse.
How Ganesha Got His Head
The story of the birth of this zoomorphic deity, as depicted in theShiva Purana, goes like this: Once goddess Parvati, while bathing, created a boy out of the dirt of her body and assigned him the task of guarding the entrance to her bathroom. When Shiva, her husband returned, he was surprised to find a stranger denying him access, and struck off the boy's head in rage. Parvati broke down in utter grief and to soothe her, Shiva sent out his squad (gana) to fetch the head of any sleeping being who was facing the north. The company found a sleeping elephant and brought back its severed head, which was then attached to the body of the boy. Shiva restored its life and made him the leader (pati) of his troops. Hence his name 'Ganapati'. Shiva also bestowed a boon that people would worship him and invoke his name before undertaking any venture.
However, there's another less popular story of his origin, found in theBrahma Vaivarta Purana: Shiva asked Parvati to observe thepunyaka vratafor a year to appease Vishnu in order to have a son. When a son was born to her, all thegods and goddessesassembled to rejoice on its birth. Lord Shani, the son of Surya (Sun-God), was also present but he refused to look at the infant. Perturbed at this behaviour, Parvati asked him the reason, and Shani replied that his looking at baby would harm the newborn. However, on Parvati's insistence when Shani eyed the baby, the child's head was severed instantly. All the gods started to bemoan, whereupon Vishnu hurried to the bank of river Pushpabhadra and brought back the head of a young elephant, and joined it to the baby's body, thus reviving it.
Ganesha, the Destroyer of Pride
Ganesha is also the destroyer of vanity, selfishness and pride. He is the personification of material universe in all its various magnificent manifestations. "All Hindus worship Ganesha regardless of their sectarian belief," says D N Singh inA Study of Hinduism. "He is both the beginning of the religion and the meeting ground for all Hindus."
The devotees of Ganesha are known as 'Ganapatyas', and the festival to celebrate and glorify him is calledGanesh Chaturthi.
Pra Lersi* The Ruesi – Ruesi-Ism in Thailand – a Dedicated Way of Higher Spiritual Practice, accessible to Laypersons who are focused upon Meritorious Spiritual Goals, and the acquirement of Supernatural Abilities in order to assist Living Beings in reducing suffering.
All about the Lersi Hermit Sages and the Thai Way of Practice – Meditation, Psychic Powers, Lersi Tat Ton, Yogic Practices, Thai Amulets and their Makers, Sak Yant Temple Tattoos, Historical Information on the Lersi and their Vedic Ancestors, the Rishi. There are Hundreds of Ruesi Legends, both Vedic and Thai Buddhist, and a Massive Pantheon of Ruesi Gods, Angelic Entities, and even Worldly Lersi, who practice in their Samnak, Asrom (Ashrams) and in the Caves and Forests of Thailand, Laos, Cambodia Burma, and with various hill tribes of South East Asia
I accept ONLY PayPal for payment. The payment is expected within 3 days after the sale ends.
Please note, we can only reserve your order for 5 days, please complete your payment quickly.In the case you do not complete payment within 5 days we reserve the right to resell the item ordered.
- Please make sure the "Ship To" address you input in Paypal is correct. Items are shipped within 1 business days upon receiving payment.The package will be shipped directly from Thailand via Standard Small package Airmail with tracking number. You will receive the items about 14-25 business days. Items are shipped with bubble wrapping if necessary.
- Item worth more than $35, will also provided tracking number for you to track your item.
- Our shipping prices included Shipping Fees, Packing Materials, Processing Fees and Labor costs.
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check your country's customs office to determine that these additional costs will be prior to offerding/buying.
- Please allow additional time for delays due to customs clearance in your country.
Terms of Sale 100% Satisfaction Guarantee : If you are not satisfy with the product you purchased for any reason, please contact us for a return instruction within 14 days for a refund. Shipping Handing Costs are not refundable. Return shipping cost will be paid by buyer.
Please contact us by message only.
- Your satisfaction, Our pursuit. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction on every sale we completed.
- If any problem with my product, Please do not leave a negative or neutral response before contact me by email. Kindly inform us first. I am sure everything could be solved by communication fairly and friendly.
- If you are satisfied with your purchase, please leave us a positive response and 5-star. We will leave positive response for all of our kind buyers.Hope we both benefits from the positive response. Thanks a lot.
- I will reply your message or email within 24 hours. Please check your email in time. If you do not get a response from us, please check your junk or spam mailbox