September 28th, 2014 Gold Star Mother's Day September 28th, 2014 World Heart Day September 28th, 2014 World Rabies Day October 1st, 2014 International Day of Older Persons October 2nd, 2014 International Day of Non-Violence October 4th, 2014 Feast of St Francis of Assisi October 4th, 2014 Yom Kippur October 5th, 2014 World Teachers' Day October 5th, 2014 Eid-al-Adha October 6th, 2014 Child Health Day October 6th, 2014 World Habitat Day October 8th, 2014 World Day for Natural Disaster Reduction October 9th, 2014 World Post Day October 9th, 2014 Leif Erikson Day October 9th, 2014 World Sight Day October 9th, 2014 First day of Sukkot October 10th, 2014 World Mental Health Day October 11th, 2014 International Day of the Girl Child October 13th, 2014 Indigenous People's Day October 13th, 2014 Columbus Day October 13th, 2014 Native Americans' Day October 15th, 2014 International Day of Rural Women October 15th, 2014 Last day of Sukkot October 15th, 2014 White Cane Safety Day October 16th, 2014 Shmini Atzeret/Simchat Torah October 16th, 2014 Boss's Day October 16th, 2014 World Food Day October 17th, 2014 'Alaska Day' observed October 17th, 2014 World Day for Poverty Eradication October 18th, 2014 Alaska Day October 23rd, 2014 Diwali/Deepavali October 24th, 2014 United Nations Day October 24th, 2014 World Development Information Day October 25th, 2014 Muharram/Islamic New Year October 27th, 2014 World Day for Audiovisual Heritage October 29th, 2014 World Stroke Day
Depending on the law in the country of delivery the products purchased by the
Customer may be subject to tax or import duty. Japantrends is not responsible
for paying any such tax or import duty and is unable to define or pre-collect
any such taxes or duties. If the Customer has any questions regarding the
applicability of tax or import duty on any purchase from the Shop, the Customer
should contact the appropriate local customs office before placing an order.
The Shop will not declare that any purchased products are a gift or have a
lower value than the retail price.
Combining Japan's love of food with its original approach to stationery, this Hokke Mackerel Pencil Case looks just like a grilled fish split down the middle when you open it up! The long and generous pen pouch can likely hold all your pencils, rulers and more, while at the same time also seeming to be your next meal. Japanese cuisine often presents hokke fish cut in half and grilled on both sides, making this pencil case almost too authentic. Be careful not to take a bite!
When opened up your friends will probably think you have just prepared lunch when in fact you are just taking out your pen! Fully and realistically decorated on both the outside and inside, this kind of product could only ever be created in a place like Japan!
The Hokke Mackerel Pencil Case features:
Length: about 32cm (12.6")
Width (opened): about 7.5cm (3")
Made in Japan
By clicking the "Buy it now" button, you indicate that you have read and agree to our Terms and Conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for visiting our shop. Octo Trade Co., Ltd. "Japantrends" (the "Shop") will sell products on the Shop's website by accepting online orders from online users (the "Visitor" or "Customer") and, upon receiving payment of the purchase price, will ship purchased products to the delivery address provided by the Visitor (the "Service"). The following terms and conditions govern the use of the Shop and its Services (the "Terms"). Any Visitor who wishes to place orders with the Shop is asked to carefully read and accept the Terms beforehand.
ARTICLE 1 - PERSONAL INFORMATION
ARTICLE 2 - CHARACTERISTICS OF PRODUCTS
Most of the products sold in the Shop are made for the Japanese market and may not conform to the standards in the country of delivery. Unless otherwise specified, all instruction manuals that accompany the products and packaging, including any displays on the products, are in Japanese. Also, unless otherwise specified, all electronics comply with the Japanese electrical standard of 100V.
ARTICLE 3 - RETAIL PRICES AND OTHER COSTS
1. The retail price and other costs for each product are shown in either USD ($) or EUR (€). The retail price for each product is the price that the Customer is obligated to pay when the Customer sends the Shop a purchase order (the "Order"). The Customer must also pay all associated shipping costs to ship the product from the Shop's storage facility in Japan to the Customer's delivery address. The final purchase price, and shipping costs, are displayed on each item page.
2. Depending on the law in the country of delivery the products purchased by the Customer may be subject to tax or import duty. The Shop is not responsible for paying any such tax or import duty and is unable to define or pre-collect any such taxes or duties. If the Customer has any questions regarding the applicability of tax or import duty on any purchase from the Shop, the Customer should contact the appropriate local customs office before placing an order. The Shop will not declare that any purchased products are a gift or have a lower value than the retail price.
ARTICLE 4 - SALE AND PURCHASE CONTRACT
The sale and purchase contract between the Customer and the Shop (the "Contract") becomes effective when the Customer receives the Order Acceptance E-mail (defined in the Article 5 below).
ARTICLE 5 - ORDER ACCEPTANCE E-MAIL
1. After receiving the Order, the Shop will automatically send an order acceptance e-mail (the "Order Acceptance E-mail") to the Customer. The Order Acceptance E-mail constitutes an acceptance of the Customer's offer to purchase the product, by the Shop and thereby constitutes the formation of the Contract.
2. If the Customer does not receive an Order Acceptance E-mail within 48 hours after placing an Order, please contact us under e-mail:
ARTICLE 6 - CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
The Shop will contact the Customer by telephone or e-mail to inform or confirm the Order status if the product cannot be delivered at all or cannot be delivered for a long period of time. This may happen in rare occasions because the product is no longer available, out of stock or if errors are found in the Order Acceptance E-mail. If the product cannot be delivered at all, the Shop and the Customer agree that the Contract will be rescinded and the Customer will receive a full refund of the purchase price, including any associated shipping costs or other costs.
In case of a product being out of stock for a long period of time, the Shop and the Customer may agree upon a delivery that is as close as possible to the originally scheduled delivery date or, both the Customer and the Shop may agree to rescind the Contract. Where the Contract is rescinded, the full refund of the purchase price, including any associated shipping or other costs, will be refunded to the Customer without any penalty. A short delay in delivery shall, however, not entitle the Customer to rescind the Contract.
ARTICLE 7 - PAYMENT AND DUE DATES
The Customer may choose one of the following payment methods:
The terms and conditions of PayPal, which are available on its website, will apply to all PayPal payments made by the Customer.
ARTICLE 8 - DELIVERY
1. Orders will be processed after receipt of payment. With the exception of products in the Shop's stock, the Shop buys items specifically for each Order.
2. The Shop sends the products to the delivery address provided by the Customer. However, the Shop is not responsible for any damage or loss of the product after the Shop has delivered the product to the shipping company appointed by the Shop.
3. The product is delivered insured and traceable by EMS (Express Global Mail Service). The Shop will inform the Customer of the EMS 24-hour online tracking number and other shipping details on the day of the shipment or the next working day.
4. Several products ordered in a single Order are generally delivered in one shipment.
5. The Shop typically delivers the product within 7 business days from the day the Shop has received the payment, unless stated differently in the article description. Delivery times will also vary depending on the destination and national holidays in Japan (e.g., year-end/new-year, Golden Week holidays and during the Obon holiday etc.) and in the country of destination.
6. The Shop undertakes its best efforts to keep within the stated delivery time, but the Shop asks for the Customer's understanding in unpredictable circumstances including, but not limited to, prolonged deliveries due to manufacturer's production problems, natural disasters or information systems problems and the Shop shall not be responsible for any such delay of the delivery. The Shop will notify the Customer immediately when the Shop becomes aware of such problems.
ARTICLE 9 - TRANSFER OF TITLE
Ownership of the products transfers from the Shop to the Customer on the condition that and at the time the Shop receives full payment.
ARTICLE 10 - RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
1. The Customer must carefully inspect the product as soon as it is delivered to the Customer and notify the Shop immediately if the Customer notices any problems with the product, such as damage or delivery of a different product.
2. If the product delivered is different from the product the Customer ordered, or the product is defective, or the Customer does not like the product, the Customer may return such product, subject to the following conditions, by calling or sending an e-mail to the Shop and stating the reason for such return within seven days after receipt of the product. However, the product can only be exchanged for the same product and not for any product different from the ordered product.
3. If the Customer wishes to return the product because the product is defective, is not the product the Customer ordered, or is spoiled or damaged, or has any problems which are attributable to the Shop, the Shop will bear the original shipping costs and/or any return shipping costs.
4. If the Customer wishes to return the product because of the Customer's personal reasons, such as the Customer does not like the product, the Customer shall bear the original shipping costs, return shipping cost and any charges associated with refunding the purchase price.
5. All returns must be packed correctly to be accepted.
6. Returnable products must be returned within eight days from the date on which the Customer informed the Shop of the Customer's intention to and reason for the return.
7. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Customer may not exchange the product in following circumstances:
a. When the Customer contacts the Shop on or after the eight day after the delivery.
b. When the product tags, price tags, labels, etc. have been removed from the product.
c. When the product has been used, damaged, broken or changed by the Customer or the product package has been opened or the product package has been damaged, broken or destroyed.
d. Customized and sanitary products are generally excluded from return.
ARTICLE 11 - WARRANTY
Warranty in relation to the product will be provided by the manufacturer of the product pursuant to the terms and conditions as set forth in the warranty certificate or other document attached to the product.
Prior to retuning any product for warranty related issues, the Customer shall contact the Shop for consultation regarding the return, either by e-mail or telephone, and after receiving the Shop's confirmation may ship the complete product to:
Octo Trade Co., Ltd.
2-17-8 Hanegi, Setagaya-ku,
The Customer shall enclose a short description of the malfunction and the original invoice with the product.
The Shop will process the warranty claim, on behalf of the Customer, with the manufacturer of the product in Japan. However, all warranty claims will be evaluated by the product's manufacturer and the Shop is not responsible if the manufacture determines that the problem with the product is not covered by the warranty or the claim is invalid.
The Shop will not accept any returned products that are not properly packaged and affixed with the correct postage. Shipping costs within Japan and back to the Customer are free of charge if the manufactures evaluates the warranty claim to be valid. Intentional or accidental damage due to neglect or improper packaging by the Customer are not covered under the warranty and, where this is found to be the case, the product will be returned to the Customer at the Customer's cost.
ARTICLE 12 - DAMAGES OCCURRING DURING INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING
If, upon receiving a product shipped outside of Japan, the Customer notes any major damage to the packaging and/or the product itself, the Customer shall immediately file a report with the shipper or the shipping company. The Customer shall also notify the Shop by e-mail, attaching a damage report and, if possible, a photo as proof. The Shop will then process the insurance claim with the delivery company in Japan, on the Customer's behalf, and forward any compensation payments from the insurance to the Customer immediately after the damage claim has been settled.
ARTICLE 13 - REFUND FOR RETURNED PRODUCT
If the Customer is entitled to a refund, the refund may be paid by one of the following methods:
1. If the payment was made by PayPal, the payment shall be refunded to the Customer by PayPal, as the case may be, in accordance with their respective terms and conditions.
ARTICLE 14 - LIABILITY
The Shop is not liable for any losses, damages, costs, or expenses incurred by the Customer or any third party resulting, whether directly or indirectly, from the use of the product unless otherwise stipulated in the Terms or such damages are attributable to the Shop.
ARTICLE 15 - MISCELLANEOUS
1. Actual product colors may differ slightly from their appearance on the computer screen.
2. If a Customer's Order data is lost due to the malfunction of equipment related to the Service or of internet transmission circuits, the Shop may unconditionally and immediately terminate the Contract without any notice to the Customer.
3. System malfunctions may sometimes prevent or delay e-mails from Customers to the Shop. The Shop is not liable for any losses, damages, costs, or expenses incurred by the Customer arising out of, whether directly or indirectly, any non-delivery or delay in delivery of the Customer's e-mail.
4. The Terms may be changed without notice to the Customer. The Customer is responsible for confirming such changes if they are available on the Shop's website. However, if a product is ordered before such change in Terms is made available on the Shop's website, the former terms and conditions will apply.
5. The governing law of these Terms and any contract formed under these Terms is the law of Japan, excluding its choice of law rules. The Customer and the Shop agree that the Tokyo Summary Court or the Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction and that any lawsuit arising between the Customer and the Shop related to the Service shall be submitted to one of those courts, as the case may be.
6. By providing an international shipping address the Customer is becoming the importer of the products to the foreign country, and as such the Customer must be aware of all applicable laws and import duties specific to the country of import. The Shop is not responsible for the compliance with foreign law.
Article 16 - REPRESENTATION
Pursuant to "Tokutei Shoutorihiki ni Kansuru Horitsu" (Specific Commercial Transaction Act)
Name of Service: Japan Trend Shop
Distributor: Octo Trade Co., Ltd.
Address: 2-17-8 Hanegi, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 156-0042, Japan