Impressive 19th Century Hen Tureen Impressed Mark & Numbered. staffordshire???
This item has been shown 0 times.
Impressive 19th Century Hen Tureen Impressed Mark & Numbered. staffordshire??? :
IMPRESSIVE 19th CENTURY HEN TUREEN IMPRESSED MARK & NUMBERED Allow me to preface this listing by informing you that I have gone insane trying to identify this exceptionally beautiful hen tureen. It has the impressed mark "A" and the impressed number "217" underneath. The style of the piece is similar to other fine English pottery pieces, yet this one presents with naturalistic underglaze coloring. The basket is unique in style and the interior of the cover is glazed in a pale blue, which I have never seen. I'm going to say that it is either Staffordshire or Majolica, but my guess is that if you're looking, you know already :) Please help if you're an expert.
Provenance for this piece is solid. I acquired it from a friend who is cleaning out her home. Inside the tureen were notes outlining family provenance, which would date the piece to the early/mid 19th century. I will include these notes in the sale.Dimensions for the piece are quite large: 10 inches in length (beak to tail), 7.5 inches in height (base to hen head), and 6.5 inches wide. The condition is very good and firing/glazing issues can be seen in the photos. There is nothing that I have noticed to warrant listing any kind of damage and it is in its original, unrestored condition.
Below is a list of my sales policies and procedures. Kindly read them prior to making an offer to purchase or registering a offer (for sale-style listings).
1) Honesty and integrity are the benchmarks of my business. I list pieces as accurately as possible. In the event that my knowledge is limited, I engage in due diligence to collect expert opinion and insights. If you believe my listing is somehow inaccurate, I would appreciate your comments via messaging. If my efforts to learn about a piece have fallen short of my standards, I indicate this in a listing.2) Non-payment is a serious inconvenience for both the buyer and seller and will automatically open a non-payment case against all buyers who fail to make payment within 72 hours. If you cannot make payment in 72 hours, please let me know prior to registering a offer or offer to purchase. I am happy to work with clients who are serious collectors.
3) I accept Paypal. This ensures that your interests, and mine, are protected.
4) Handling time is generally 24 - 48 hours, depending on the size and value of a piece. Handling time commences from the time of payment received.
5) Shipping costs are estimated. If I overcharge for shipping, I always refund the buyer the difference. I never profit from shipping.
6) Valuable pieces are always shipped with tracking, insurance, and signature confirmation. Please request a quote prior to making an offer to purchase of registering a offer. Shipping costs can be very high, especially for large, heavy, and/or rare objects. These costs are incurred in exchange for peace of mind. Customs and duty charges are always the responsibility of the buyer and I do not lie on customs forms. Sale price is declared value.
7) I accept returns within 14 days of receipt. Kindly inform me within 72 hours if there is an issue. I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS: a) buyer's remorse due to overspending; b) inability to "flip" or resell a piece; and c) failure to notify me within 72 hours that there is an issue. Buyer pays return shipping using the same method used to ship the piece out.
8) It is very important to me that potential buyers ask all questions FIRST. I am happy to dialogue with you about your interest in my pieces to make sure everyone is happy. If no questions are asked, it indicates that you are satisfied with the content of the listing and that everything is clear. If I have made a claim of authenticity, then I back that claim up fully.
9) Finally, my pieces are listed from either Philadelphia or Johannesburg. I reside in both the United States and South Africa and often sell pieces to raise funds for charities that positively impact rural populations in Southern Africa. Please offer and/or buy with confidence. I am a high-end seller with 100% positive response. 8
_gsrx_vers_507 (GS 6.6b7 (507))