Israelite Period Bronze Currency Ingot From Israel 82.7 Grams For Sale
Nice example of currency from Biblical times.
This is an Israelite Period (Iron Age c. 8th century BC) bronze bracelet-shaped currency ingot,around 8.4 cm diameter and weighs82.7 grams.These are often mistakenly believed to be bracelets, an idea which is quickly dissuaded by inability to slip in even a small hand, combined with the heavy weight.
Reference: Ancient Scale Weights and Pre-Coinage Currency 4.
This is a variety with a bulging center and narrow ends, found in the same context as the more uniform width type. It has been suggested that this is a southern style.
A hoard of more than 300 similar ingots (referred to in the excavation reports as 'anklets' [also impossible given the very thick bronze, which could have never been put on a person] was found in an Iron Age II tomb (c. 8th century BCE) Near Kibbutz Lahav in the south of Israel (Biran & Gophna 1970: 156).
This ingot was purchased by me from a licensed dealer in Israel.
This lot is accompanied by a photo-authenticity receipt signed by David Hendin, author of Guide to Biblical Coins.
PLEASE READ THE CONDITIONS OF SALE BELOW
Buyer pays $6.00 for insured shipping within the U.S.A. Most orders will be shipped with PRIVATE insurance and DELIVERY CONFIRMATION. Larger orders will be shipped by REGISTERED mail. More than one purchase can be shipped together for the cost of one lot within the U.S.A.
Outside the U.S.A., buyer pays $15.00, which includes insurance.
(NOTE: DUE TO RISK AND PAPERWORK, WE WILL NOT SHIP OUT OF THE USA FOR LESS THAN $15.00. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.)
- All sale lots must be paid for in full, including tax and shipping, within 14 days of the sale date.
- Amphora Coins acceptscredit cards through Pay Pal only, or personal checks according to rules.(Personal checks must clear before shipment.)
- New York residents must add 8.625% (or your local county's) sales tax on total order, INCLUDING shipping, according to NYS Tax Regulations.
- Amphora Coins is proud to offer an unconditional authenticity guarantee.
- Amphora Coins has been in business since 1974. We have built major collections, consulted with, and sold to a number of major museums worldwide.
- All items sold are absolutely, without qualification, guaranteed to be just as described. We cannot, however, be responsible for actions of any third party grading services.
- Please click on view seller's other sales to see what other sales we are currently offering.
This item has been shown 0 times.