Karl Griesbaum Music Box Carved Wood Windup Accordian Player Whistler Automaton
This item has been shown 0 times.
Karl Griesbaum Music Box Carved Wood Windup Accordian Player Whistler Automaton:
1966 AIRFIX CRAFT MASTER MODEL KIT JAMES BOND SECRET AGENT 007 ASTON-MARTIN DB-5
VINTAGE KARL GRIESBAUM KG GERMANY CARVED WOOD WINDUP ACCORDIAN PLAYER WHISTLER AUTOMATON MUSIC BOXWITH HANG TAG.The whistling and head motion movementsWORK! No original key; I have included one of my keys so you can operate it. Wind it up a little,move/jingle that adjacent handle a little, and the musician moves his head from side to side as he makes a whistling sound. Please note so you are not disappointed, his mouth does NOT move nor does the accordian move/play-they are NOT made to do so-Isimply don't want any misunderstanding. Note that the operating lever is not a precise on/off movement; you have to jingle/ manipulate it a little to get it to work. At the base is a battery compartment that operates the light in the lamp. I could NOT get that function to work-no idea why. That lamp appears slighly off center/ perhaps bent/off-kilter.Total height from ground to top of lamp finial is roughly 19 inches; the figure alone measures roughly 13 1/2 inches from bottom of feet to top of hat. Piece has minimal wear and has minor wood loss adjacent to the "finger" pry orifices adjacent to the covers, one on the back (keywind mechanism)and one on the bottom (battery cover). A little dusty. Absolutely phenomenal piece.
View My Other Items For Sale
• All sales in US dollars; All items sold "as is"; NO Buy it Nows
• Shipping cost includes Delivery Confirmation and insurance through my carrier, stamps.com; that will not be annotated on the shipping label; those charges also help defray the cost of packing materials. See calculator for shipping charges: they are NOT negotiable.
• Illinois residents pay 7.0% sales tax.
• CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE OF THE US PLEASE NOTE: Import duties, taxes, and charges are NOT INCLUDED in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's (YOUR) responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding / buying. These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up - do not confuse them for additional shipping charges. I will not mark merchandise values below value or mark items as "gifts" - US and International government regulations prohibit such behavior.
• Will normally combine shipping similar-sized sales ending within four days of one another as long as I can lift the box-my call.
• Fast payments are greatly appreciated; I would like to receive payment quickly so I can promptly ship your item. Please pay within 3 days of the end of sale unless we have discussed otherwise.
• NO Registered OR Expedited mail service available.