Lost Dharma Hatch Fail Safe Key Replica Prop For Sale
This is a solid metal replica of the FAIL SAFE key used in the 2nd season of LOST
It is made from pewter and comes with a 24" dogtag chain.
This screen accurate prop was designed to duplicate the appearance of the original cryptographic key used on the show.
The key pictured below has been photographed in low light to prevent flash glare on the camera. The metal is actually bright silver in color, and not dark like in the photo.
Check out the screen accurate features:
- The key has the proper screen accurate dings and dents. It comes unpainted.
- It has identical markings on both sides
- The cryptographic punch holes are in the proper random locations with simulated wear and tear. The punch holes go all the way through the key
- The chain is a standard issue millitary style dog tag chain
- The outside perimeter of the key was properly distressed and shows signs of age and lots of abuse.
In an attempt to please everyone, I have left the top of the key unpainted.
The key was in newer condition in the flash back scenes than in the 2nd season finale.
If you would like your key to represent the time when Kelvin was the hatch supervisor, then just leave it as it is. To give it a weathered look, as featured in the scenes when the key was used to activate the fail safe, you can add a wash of testors flat brown model paint to the top, then lightly buff the dried paint off the raised symbols to show wear. Another method of ageing is to rub in ash.
As you can see in this photo of the real one, I have even duplicated the rough marks on the outside edges
This scene shows 3 years of wear on the handle
Here is a photo I found on the web showing the scene where this prop was first shown
You can see the key in this photo represents a newer key with less wear. This is how your key will arrive.
This item has been shown 0 times.