Ladies 1920s Tiffany & Co 18k Solid Gold Art Deco Enamel Concord Vintage Watch
This item has been shown 0 times.
Ladies 1920s Tiffany & Co 18k Solid Gold Art Deco Enamel Concord Vintage Watch:
holben Store There are nice old watches and then there are beautiful old watches. The following ladies Art Deco timepiece falls into the latter category, made by the highly respected Concord Watch Co. of Switzerland for Tiffany & Co. of New York and dating to ca 1925. In excellent condition, it features a finely engraved 18t Solid White Gold case with solid wire lugs and inlaid black enameling around the bezel.
It measures 26mm lug tip to lug tip and 21mm in width (22.3mm with original finely white gold crown). This works out to be just over 1 inch long by 13/16 of an inch wide, not including the winding crown. Powering this timepiece is a higher-grade 15 jewel, Concord Swiss manual wind mechanism that winds and sets smoothly while keeping very good, accurate time.
The silver matte enamel finished over sterling silver dial is in excellent condition, featuring a checkered 60 minute outer track border, black enamel Breguet-style numerals and original Breguet-style, blue steel moon tip hands. Signed Tiffany & Co. below the 12 and Swiss at the base of the dial, below the bezel.
The solid glass crystal is in excellent, clear condition with no flaws. The tonneau form, two-piece case is 14 Karat Solid White Gold and in excellent condition, finely engraved around the bezel and featuring inlaid black enameling in excellent shape. The original white gold (finished) winding crown is in excellent condition, winding and setting smoothly.
Turning the watch over I note that the back lid is in excellent overall condition, perhaps a few light scratches but no wear, dings or personal engravings, very nice and clean. Inside I find a clean Fifteen Jewel mechanism that is signed CONCORD W. CO., SWISS – 15 FIFTEEN JEWELS, CXC. The inside of the case lid is stamped 18Kwith case maker mark and case serial number.
This fine Art Deco timepiece winds and sets smoothly while keeping accurate time. It comes fitted on a new 10mm black Hadley Roma calf leather strap with matching color buckle. It will fit a wrist 5-1/4 inches to 6-34 inches maximum. All in a very fine, ready to wear Tiffany & Co. Concord wristwatch – I think its new owner will be very pleased.
- Since 1998, Holben's Fine Watches' goal has been happy customers. I treat buyers as I like to be treated: with courtesy and respect. I’m especially proud of my excellent response and high number of repeat clients. I’m a long-standing member of the National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors (NAWCC), and have collected watches since I was a kid.
- Watch sizes: I provide exact measurements in millimeters (the watch industry standard) and inches, and include a U.S. quarter in photos as a size reference. Draw the measurements on paper to help visualize the watch on your wrist. Remember, men’s watches from the 1910s - 1960s were smaller than considered normal today.
- Buyers outside the United States with less than five response: Please introduce yourself via email PRIOR to offerding. Otherwise, your offer may be retracted.
- U.S. winners pay $9.75 for fully insured, safely boxed USPS First-Class Mail shipping. Washington State residents (and those with shipping addresses in Washington State) add 8.6% sales tax.
- Canadian buyers pay $16.00 for Registered Air Mail shipping with tracking (I cover the insurance) or $33 for EMS Global Express, a bit faster. International buyers pay $43.00 for EMS Global Express Mail with tracking and insurance. I do provide a Registered Air Mail shipping option ($18.00) to a few select countries, including the United Kingdom, France, Netherlands, Switzerland, Japan, Hong Kong and Taiwan. If you are an international buyer please wait until I invoice you with your shipping option(s).
- International Buyers – Please Note: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding. While I ship within 24 hours of receiving payment but your local custom authorities can delay the delivery of your package. As such, it can take anywhere from 7 days to 30 days before final delivery is made.
- Payment is due within three days of sale end, unless you’ve contacted me prior to arrange otherwise. In accordance with policy, payments not received in four days will initiate an unpaid item case through the Resolution Center.
- In the rare event that a watch needs further service upon receipt, I ask that you return the wristwatch to me (or mailed to my watchmaker, David) at my expense. It will be corrected and quickly mailed back to you.
- If you like unique and collectible vintage or antique wristwatches, add holbensfinewatches to your Favorite Sellers. I specialize in American and Swiss timepieces from the 1900s – 1970s. My selection changes weekly, and is comprised of manual wind and automatic watches from the following categories: WWI trench; WWII; military; fancy case, art nouveau; art deco; mid-century modern; stainless steel; sterling silver; white, yellow and rose gold; solid gold; platinum; and diamond, ruby and/or sapphire ladies’ cocktail watches.
Our sister store, Holben's Fine Watch Bands, offers an extensive selection of straps including Bonetto Cinturini, deBeer, Di-Modell, Hadley-Roma, Hirsch and Staib; deployment clasps and buckles; metal bracelets; German military Bunds; UTC ballistic nylon G10; open-ended; James Bond striped, leather and woven NATOs; WWII canvas military; genuine and silicone rubber divers; carbon fiber; Kevlar; LORICA; Cordura; GT rally tropic perforated; alligator-, crocodile-, lizard-, ostrich-, shark- and buffalo-grain; chrono sport; riveted; waterproof / water resistant and woven/braided.