Ladies 1950s Girard Perregaux 14k Solid Gold Diamonds Vintage Swiss Dress Watch For Sale
holben Store The history of the Girard-Perregaux Watch Company begins in 1791, when the watchmakers Bautte and Mouline founded a factory in Geneva to manufacture watches. In 1856 the watchmaker constant Girard married Marie Perregaux and the unified firm of Girard and Perregaux came into being.
In 1906 Perregaux acquired the earlier firm of Bautte and Mouline, and today the firm is located in La Chaux-de-Fonds. They have always made a name for themselves in the realm of wristwatches through their unique creativity and high quality mechanisms, one of a select few who produce many of its movements entirely in-house. Today, Girard Perregaux watches are among the most expensive timepieces you can buy, making the vintage models a sound investment.
I am pleased to offer for sale the following vintage timepiece from Girard Perregaux, a ladies 14kt Solid White Gold & Diamonds vintage dress model that dates to the mid 1950s and is in excellent original condition. This is what is described as an evening or cocktail watch and it is quadruple-signed for Girard-Perregaux (on the dial, winding crown, case and mechanism).
It measures 30mm lug tip to lug tip and 14.5mm in width (16.3mm with original GP-signed winding crown). This works out to be 1-3/16 inches long by 5/8 of an inch wide (without original crown) and it is fitted on a black cord bracelet that measures a total length of just over 7-1/2 inches (I can size this larger or smaller for the winner at no cost). It is powered by its original and high grade, 17 jewel manual wind Girard-Perregaux mechanism that has been fully serviced by my certified, professional watchmaker David prior to sale to ensure it is running very well and keeping accurate time.
The ivory color, matte enamel dial is in excellent condition and features applied white gold hour markers and original silver steel Lance-style hands. Signed Girard Perregaux below the 12.
The gently domed crystal is in excellent, clear condition, removed in some photos to avoid glare. The two-piece case is 14 Karat Solid White Gold and in excellent PLUS shape. The highlight are the lugs, featuring Six  Genuine Diamonds of high clarity. The white gold finished winding crown is signed (in raised letters) GP for Girard-Perregaux and in excellent condition, winding and setting smoothly.
Turning the watch over I see that the back lid is in excellent order, retaining its original brushed (satin) finish and free of any wear or engravings. It is stamped 14K GOLD.
Inside I find a clean, manual wind mechanism that is signed Girard-Perregaux, Swiss, Seventeen 17 Jewels, GXM. The inside case lid is stamped B2046, G/P, ROSS with case number below. The GP stands for the company and the name Ross is for the case maker who made the case for Girard Perregaux.
This watch has been cleaned, oiled & regulated to ensure it winds and sets smoothly while keeping accurate time. It is fitted on a vintage new old stock black cord band that will fit a wrist up to 7-1/2 inches in size and I can easily make it smaller (or larger) at no charge. All in all a clean, ready to wear original mid-century cocktail watch from one of Switzerland's best watch companies. My photos do not do it justice.
- Since 1998, Holben's Fine Watches' goal has been happy customers. I treat buyers as I like to be treated: with courtesy and respect. I am especially proud of my excellent response and high number of repeat clients.
- Watch sizes: I provide exact case measurements in millimeters (the watch industry standard) and inches, and include a U.S. quarter in one photo as a size reference. Draw the measurements on paper to help visualize the watch on your wrist. Remember, watches for men made from the 1910s to 1970s were noticeably smaller than what is considered normal today.
- Buyers outside the United States with less than five response: please take a moment to introduce yourself via the message system prior to offerding. Otherwise, your offer may be retracted.
- U.S. winners pay $6.75 for fully insured, safely boxed USPS First-Class Mail shipping. Washington State residents (and those with shipping addresses in Washington State) are required to pay 8.6% sales tax.
- Canadian buyers pay $21.00 for Registered Air Mail shipping with tracking (I pay the insurance) or $35 for EMS Global Express, a bit faster. International buyers pay $49.00 for EMS Global Express Mail with tracking and insurance. I do provide a Registered Air Mail shipping option ($25.00) to a limited number of countries, including the United Kingdom, France, Netherlands, Switzerland, Japan, Hong Kong and Taiwan. If you are an international buyer please wait until I invoice you with your shipping options.
- International buyers, please note: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding. I ship within 24 hours of receiving your cleared payment but your local custom authorities can cause delays. Expect it to take 7 to 30 days for international delivery.
- Payment is due within three days of sale end, unless you have contacted me prior to arrange otherwise. In accordance with policy, payments not received in four days will initiate an unpaid item case through the Resolution Center.
- In the rare event that a watch needs further service upon receipt, I ask that you return the wristwatch to me (or mailed to my watchmaker, David, in NYC) at my expense. It will be corrected and quickly mailed back to you.
- If you like unique and collectible vintage or antique wristwatches, add me as one of your favorite sellers. I specialize in American and Swiss timepieces from the 1900s to the 1970s. My selection changes weekly, and is comprised of manual wind and automatic watches from the following categories: WWI trench; WWII; military; fancy case, art nouveau; art deco; mid-century modern; stainless steel; sterling silver; white, yellow and rose gold; solid gold; platinum; and diamond, ruby and/or sapphire ladies cocktail watches.
- My very old dog, Cautious Carl, and I want thank everyone for 15 GREAT YEARS on . Keep on ticking!
Our sister store, Holben's Fine Watch Bands, offers an extensive selection of straps including Bonetto Cinturini, deBeer, Di-Modell, Hadley-Roma, Hirsch and Staib; deployment clasps and buckles; metal bracelets; German military Bunds; UTC ballistic nylon G10; open-ended; James Bond striped, leather and woven NATOs; WWII canvas military; genuine and silicone rubber divers; carbon fiber; Kevlar; LORICA; Cordura; GT rally tropic perforated; alligator-, crocodile-, lizard-, ostrich-, shark- and buffalo-grain; chrono sport; riveted; waterproof / water resistant and woven/braided.
This item has been shown 0 times.