Ladies 1953 Hamilton 14k Solid Gold & 20 Diamonds Vintage Cocktail Dress Watch
This item has been shown 0 times.
Ladies 1953 Hamilton 14k Solid Gold & 20 Diamonds Vintage Cocktail Dress Watch:
Founded in 1892, the Hamilton Watch Company of Lancaster, PA would not officially start its watch production until March 1894, producing pocket watches mainly of railroad grade. By 1908 Hamilton was producing a lady's pendant watch and by 1919 a small line of wristwatches were available, but for women only! Yes, Hamilton entered the men's wristwatch market rather late, introducing its first non-military gents watches in November 1922, a good 10 years after Illinois, Elgin and Waltham. Well, they quickly caught up with the other American firms, producing the highest-grade American watches ever made.
I am very pleased to offer for sale the following vintage Hamilton timepiece, a ladies ca 1953 14kt Solid White Gold cocktail model with fancy hinged, swivel lugs that contour to your wrist. This watch is in excellent condition, complete with 20 Genuine Diamonds set into case and lug sections.
It measures a LONG 53mm end to end and 16.5mm in width (18mm with crown). This converts to a long 2-1/8 inches in total length by 5/8 of an inch wide, not including the crown. It is fitted on black cord bracelet strap that makes the overall length 7-1/2 inches, easily adjusted shorter (or longer) by me before mailing to the winning buyer. It is powered by its original and higher-grade 750 caliber, 17 jewel manual wind USA made movement Ã¢â‚¬â€œtruly topnotch. It has been fully serviced by my certified watchmaker David to ensure it winds and sets smoothly while keeping accurate time.
The silver color, enamel finished dial is in great condition, a couple tiny specks of age but showing very nicely in person. This dial features a 60 minute outer chapter, black enamel painted numbers and original Lance-style, black lacquer hands. Signed HAMILTON below the12.
The gently curved acrylic crystal is in excellent, clear condition. The two-piece case is in excellent PLUS order, a fancy hinged lug example in 14 Karat Solid White Gold that also features 20 Genuine Diamonds of high clarity and nice sparkle. The matching white gold finished winding crown is in excellent shape, operating smoothly.
Turning the watch over I see that the back lid is in excellent shape, no wear or engravings and stamped 14K. Inside I find a clean manual wind mechanism signed Hamilton USA, 17 Jewels [Grade] 750. The serial number is T746,630, dating it to ca 1953 as it corresponds to 750 grade production records. The inside of the case back is stamped MAJOR WATCH CASE CO, 14KT GOLD with case number below.
This lovely timepiece has been disassembled, cleaned, oiled and regulated to ensure it winds and sets smoothly while keeping accurate time. It is fitted with a new old stock black cord bracelet with matching color fittings that measures a total length of 7-1/2 inches. If you need the band shortened (or lengthened) just let me know and I will have it custom sized before I mail it, no charge.
Well then, who is going to be the new owner of this beautiful, diamond set Hamilton? If you think the photos make it look tempting you will never want to take it off when you see it in person!
- Since 1998, Holben's Fine Watches' goal has been happy customers. I treat buyers as I like to be treated: with courtesy and respect. I am especially proud of my excellent response and high number of repeat clients.
- Watch sizes: I provide exact case measurements in millimeters (the watch industry standard) and inches, and include a U.S. quarter in one photo as a size reference. Draw the measurements on paper to help visualize the watch on your wrist. Remember, watches for men made from the 1910s to 1970s were noticeably smaller than what is considered normal today.
- Buyers outside the United States with less than five response: please take a moment to introduce yourself via the message system prior to offerding. Otherwise, your offer may be retracted.
- U.S. winners pay $7.75 for fully insured, safely boxed USPS First-Class Mail shipping. Washington State residents (and those with shipping addresses in Washington State) are required to pay 8.6% sales tax.
- Canadian buyers pay $21.00 for Registered Air Mail shipping with tracking (I pay the insurance) or $35 for EMS Global Express, a bit faster. International buyers pay $49.00 for EMS Global Express Mail with tracking and insurance. I do provide a Registered Air Mail shipping option ($25.00) to a limited number of countries, including the United Kingdom, France, Netherlands, Switzerland, Japan, Hong Kong and Taiwan. If you are an international buyer please wait until I invoice you with your shipping options.
- International buyers, please note: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding. I ship within 24 hours of receiving your cleared payment but your local custom authorities can cause delays. Expect it to take 7 to 30 days for international delivery.
- Payment is due within three days of sale end, unless you have contacted me prior to arrange otherwise. In accordance with policy, payments not received in four days will initiate an unpaid item case through the Resolution Center.
- In the rare event that a watch needs further service upon receipt, I ask that you return the wristwatch to me (or mailed to my watchmaker, David, in NYC) at my expense. It will be corrected and quickly mailed back to you.
- If you like unique and collectible vintage or antique wristwatches, add me as one of your favorite sellers. I specialize in American and Swiss timepieces from the 1900s to the 1970s. My selection changes weekly, and is comprised of manual wind and automatic watches from the following categories: WWI trench; WWII; military; fancy case, art nouveau; art deco; mid-century modern; stainless steel; sterling silver; white, yellow and rose gold; solid gold; platinum; and diamond, ruby and/or sapphire ladies' cocktail watches.
- Cautious Carl and I want thank everyone for 15 GREAT YEARS on . Keep on ticking!
Our sister store, Holben's Fine Watch Bands, offers an extensive selection of straps including Bonetto Cinturini, deBeer, Di-Modell, Hadley-Roma, Hirsch and Staib; deployment clasps and buckles; metal bracelets; German military Bunds; UTC ballistic nylon G10; open-ended; James Bond striped, leather and woven NATOs; WWII canvas military; genuine and silicone rubber divers; carbon fiber; Kevlar; LORICA; Cordura; GT rally tropic perforated; alligator-, crocodile-, lizard-, ostrich-, shark- and buffalo-grain; chrono sport; riveted; waterproof / water resistant and woven/braided.