Ladies Mint 1930s Waltham Usa 14k Solid Gold & 30 Diamond Vintage Art Deco Watch
This item has been shown 0 times.
Ladies Mint 1930s Waltham Usa 14k Solid Gold & 30 Diamond Vintage Art Deco Watch:
holben Store Founded by Aaron Dennison and E. Howard, the highly regarded Waltham Watch Company of Waltham, Mass. is one of the grandfathers of U.S. horology, in business from 1850 to 1959 making high quality pocket watches, clocks and wristwatches known the world over. The company adopted the American Waltham name in 1859, having already used such names as Warren, Tracy, Appleton and Boston.
I am pleased to offer for sale the following vintage ladies dress cocktail model from the firm, a very Art Deco, swivel lug case model that dates to ca 1939 and is in pristine condition. Its entire case is crafted of 14kt Solid White Gold and is set with a total of Thirty (30) Genuine Diamonds that sparkle bright and are securely set.
Its case measures 45mm lug tip to lug tip and 14.5mm in width (15.5mm with winding crown). In inches this works out to be just over 1-3/4 inches long by 5/8 of an inch wide, including the crown. It is fitted on a vintage, new old stock black cord bracelet that will currently fit a wrist up to 8 inches in size but I can easily shorten this to any size for the winner, just let me know the length you need (it’s also easy to do yourself). My watchmaker David has fully serviced its original, manual wind 17 jewel baguette design Waltham mechanism, a very high quality movement. It winds and sets smoothly while keeping accurate time.
The ivory color, enamel finished dial is in excellent condition and without flaw. It features a 60 minute outer track border, raised gold numerals and original blue steel hands. Signed WALTHAM below the 12.
The solid glass crystal is in mint condition, removed in some photos to avoid glare. The two-piece, hinged lug case is 14 Karat Solid White Gold and in mint condition, complete with a total of 30 Genuine Diamonds securely set. The original white gold finished domed winding crown is in great shape, winding and setting smoothly.
Turning the watch over I see that the back lid is in excellent order, stamped K&O, 14K. K&O stands for Katz & Ogush, the American case making company who fabricated this beauty for Waltham. They are best known for their casework with Gruen. It is tastefully signed Florence Mitchell – Sept. 22, 39.
Peeking inside I find a higher grade, baguette shaped mechanism that is signed Waltham, 17 Jewels, 4131. The inside of the case is stamped with a case serial number.
This watch has been completely disassembled, cleaned, oiled and regulated to ensure it winds and sets very smoothly while keeping accurate time. It is fitted with a new old stock black cord bracelet that will fit a wrist up to 8” in size. I can adjust this any size smaller (even longer) for the winner, just let me know your wrist size. All in all a beautiful Art Deco Evening watch from a maker you see much less of compared to Hamilton, Bulova or Elgin. It is truly a beautiful, rare bird!
- Since 1998, Holben's Fine Watches' goal has been happy customers. I treat buyers as I like to be treated: with courtesy and respect. I am especially proud of my excellent response and high number of repeat clients.
- Watch sizes: I provide exact case measurements in millimeters (the watch industry standard) and inches, and include a U.S. quarter in one photo as a size reference. Draw the measurements on paper to help visualize the watch on your wrist. Remember, watches for men made from the 1910s to 1970s were noticeably smaller than what is considered normal today.
- Buyers outside the United States with less than five response: please take a moment to introduce yourself via the message system prior to offerding. Otherwise, your offer may be retracted.
- U.S. winners pay $8.75 for fully insured, safely boxed USPS First-Class Mail shipping. Washington State residents (and those with shipping addresses in Washington State) are required to pay 8.6% sales tax.
- Canadian buyers pay $22.00 for Registered Air Mail shipping with tracking (I pay the insurance) or $36 for EMS Global Express, about 5 days faster. International buyers pay $49.00 (actual cost) for EMS Global Express Mail with tracking and insurance, the insurance part covered by me.
- International buyers, please note: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding. I ship within 24 hours of receiving your cleared payment but your local custom authorities can cause delays. Expect it to take 7 to 30 days for international delivery.
- Payment is due within three days of sale end, unless you have contacted me prior to arrange otherwise. In accordance with policy, payments not received in four days will initiate an unpaid item case through the Resolution Center.
- In the rare event that a watch needs further service upon receipt, I ask that you return the wristwatch to me (or mailed to my watchmaker, David, in NYC) at my expense. It will be corrected and quickly mailed back to you.
- If you like unique and collectible vintage or antique wristwatches, add me as one of your favorite sellers. I specialize in American and Swiss timepieces from the 1900s to the 1970s. My selection changes weekly, and is comprised of manual wind and automatic watches from the following categories: WWI trench; WWII; military; fancy case, art nouveau; art deco; mid-century modern; stainless steel; sterling silver; white, yellow and rose gold; solid gold; platinum; and diamond, ruby and/or sapphire ladies cocktail watches.
Our sister store, Holben's Fine Watch Bands, offers an extensive selection of straps including Fluco, Bonetto Cinturini, deBeer, Di-Modell, Hadley-Roma, Hirsch and Staib; deployment clasps and buckles; metal bracelets; WWII canvas military; genuine and silicone rubber divers; carbon fiber; Kevlar; LORICA; Cordura; GT rally tropic perforated; alligator-, crocodile-, lizard-, ostrich- and buffalo-grain; chrono sport; riveted; waterproof / water resistant.