Ladies Original 1960s Hamilton Solid 10k Gold & Diamonds Vintage Cocktail Watch For Sale
holben Store Founded in 1892, the Hamilton Watch Company of Lancaster, PA would not officially start its watch production until March 1894, producing pocket watches mainly of railroad grade. By 1908 Hamilton was producing a ladies pendant watch and by 1919 a small line of wrist watches were available, but for women only. Hamilton entered the men's dress wristwatch market rather late, introducing its first (non-military) gents watch in November 1922, a good 10 years after Illinois, Elgin and Waltham. Well, they quickly caught up with the other American firms, producing the highest-grade American watches ever made.
I am very happy to offer for sale the following vintage 1960s Hamilton timepiece, a ladies 10kt Solid White Gold model that features a total of four (4) genuine diamonds of high clarity. This watch is in excellent condition, I doubt it was worn more than a couple of years, total.
Triple-signed for Hamilton, it measures 35mm end to end and 15.5mm in width (17mm with winding crown). This converts to 1-3/8 inches long by 5/8 of an inch wide, including the crown and it is fitted on black cord bracelet strap that makes the overall length 7-1/2 inches, easily adjusted shorter (or longer) by me before mailing to the winning buyer.
It is powered by its original and high-grade USA made 750 caliber, 17 jewel manual wind movement, a unique yellow gold finished example, just the third of this color that I have seen from Hamilton. It has been fully serviced by my watchmaker David to ensure it winds and sets smoothly while keeping accurate time.
The 100% original ivory color, matte enamel finished dial is in excellent shape, untouched since it left the factory. This dial features applied solid 18k white gold hour markers and original Lance-style, silver metal hands. Signed HAMILTON below the12.
The acrylic crystal is in excellent condition. The case is also pristine, a wonderful 1960s Retro Modern with fancy VOLUTE style lugs. It is crafted of 10 Karat Solid White Gold and features 4 Genuine Diamonds of high clarity for a nice sparkle effect. The white gold finished winding crown, unmarked, is in excellent hape, operating smoothly.
Turning the watch over I see that the back lid is in excellent order, stamped 10K GOLD BIGGS and also HAMILTON on the opposite edge. Peeking inside I find a clean barrel-form movement with fancy Geneva striping, just the third yellow gold USA made ladies Hamilton mechanism I have seen in over 25 years of collecting.
It is signed Hamilton USA, 17 Jewels [Grade] 75(0).. The inside of the case back is stamped HAMILTON W. CO., LANCASTER, PA, 10K GOLD with case number 76962 below. The Bumble Bee hallmark is for the Biggs Watch Case Company.
This all original timepiece has been disassembled, cleaned, oiled and regulated to ensure it winds and sets smoothly while keeping accurate time. It is fitted with a black cord bracelet with matching color fittings that measures a total length of 7-1/2 inches and also has some S T R E T C H to it as well. If you need the band shortened (or lengthened) just let me know and I will have it custom sized before I mail it, no charge.
All in all a beautiful, mid century Evening (Cocktail) watch that is ready to be worn and enjoyed. They do not make them anywhere as nice as this nowadays and this one is a gem!!
- Since 1998, Holben's Fine Watches' goal has been happy customers. I treat buyers as I like to be treated: with courtesy and respect. I am especially proud of my excellent response and high number of repeat clients.
- Watch sizes: I provide exact case measurements in millimeters (the watch industry standard) and inches, and include a U.S. quarter in one photo as a size reference. Draw the measurements on paper to help visualize the watch on your wrist. Remember, watches for men made from the 1910s to 1970s were noticeably smaller than what is considered normal today.
- Buyers outside the United States with less than five response: please take a moment to introduce yourself via the message system prior to offerding. Otherwise, your offer may be retracted.
- U.S. winners pay $6.75 for fully insured, safely boxed USPS First-Class Mail shipping. Washington State residents (and those with shipping addresses in Washington State) are required to pay 8.6% sales tax.
- Canadian buyers pay $22.00 for Registered Air Mail shipping with tracking (I pay the insurance) or $36 for EMS Global Express, about 5 days faster. International buyers pay $49.00 (actual cost) for EMS Global Express Mail with tracking and insurance, the insurance part covered by me.
- International buyers, please note: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding. I ship within 24 hours of receiving your cleared payment but your local custom authorities can cause delays. Expect it to take 7 to 30 days for international delivery.
- Payment is due within three days of sale end, unless you have contacted me prior to arrange otherwise. In accordance with policy, payments not received in four days will initiate an unpaid item case through the Resolution Center.
- In the rare event that a watch needs further service upon receipt, I ask that you return the wristwatch to me (or mailed to my watchmaker, David, in NYC) at my expense. It will be corrected and quickly mailed back to you.
- If you like unique and collectible vintage or antique wristwatches, add me as one of your favorite sellers. I specialize in American and Swiss timepieces from the 1900s to the 1970s. My selection changes weekly, and is comprised of manual wind and automatic watches from the following categories: WWI trench; WWII; military; fancy case, art nouveau; art deco; mid-century modern; stainless steel; sterling silver; white, yellow and rose gold; solid gold; platinum; and diamond, ruby and/or sapphire ladies cocktail watches.
- My very old dog, Cautious Carl, and I want thank everyone for 15 GREAT YEARS on . Keep on ticking!
Our sister store, Holben's Fine Watch Bands, offers an extensive selection of straps including Bonetto Cinturini, deBeer, Di-Modell, Hadley-Roma, Hirsch and Staib; deployment clasps and buckles; metal bracelets; German military Bunds; UTC ballistic nylon G10; open-ended; James Bond striped, leather and woven NATOs; WWII canvas military; genuine and silicone rubber divers; carbon fiber; Kevlar; LORICA; Cordura; GT rally tropic perforated; alligator-, crocodile-, lizard-, ostrich-, shark- and buffalo-grain; chrono sport; riveted; waterproof / water resistant and woven/braided.
This item has been shown 0 times.