Ladies Tiffany Pocket Watch, Size 0s, 21j, Circa 1900-05, Sterling Silver Case For Sale
Ladies TiffanyPocket Watch
- Made by Tiffany & Co. New York
- Movement Characteristics:
- Made in Switzerland
- Manufacturer: outsourced (see online appraiser's comments below)
- Year of Manufacture: 1900 - 1905
- Serial Number: Unknown
- Diameter: 2.8 cm
- 21Jewels (according the online appraiser; not indicated on the movement)
- Pendant Set & Characteristics:
- Likely made in the UK (see online appraiser's comments below)
- Material: Sterling Silver 0.935%
- Serial # 1105371
- Top Bezel pops off andBottom opens on a Hinge
- Overall Case Size (approx.):3.5 cm(left-to-right) X5.1 cm(top-to-bottom including crown)X1.1 cm (depth)
- Dial Characteristics:
- Diameter:2.9 cm
Online Appraiser Comments (www.whatsitworthtoyou.com):
It was only from circa 1874-78 that Tiffany manufactured their own watches in Geneva. Thereafter, first Patek Phillipe, then Audemars Piguet and the International Watch Company made their movements for Tiffany.............Ladies Sterling silver, open face pocket watch, Swiss made for and retailed by Tiffany & Company, New York City, circa 1900-1905....Case: 'Jewel' size, three leaf, open face sterling silver case with a broad polished bezel around the dial, the owners initials on the back cover in flowing script, the inner cover marked "Tiffany & Co. Sterling Silver 0.935" and hallmarked in England with the 'lion passant' indicative of silver. The suppressed ball fluted pendant is in the style of the early 20th century and placed at the twelve position.....Dial: White porcelain dial with Breguet Arabic hour chapter, open minute ring, Breguet steel hands and the name Tiffany & Co. seen in the upper dial....Movement: Three quarter plate polished damascened nickel movement with 21 jewels, the lever with a screw placed at the pallet, the movement marked for 'Tiffany & co. New York' and Swiss style
- Case - Overall good cosmetic condition. If you look closely,there are miniscule scratches and some evidence of wear. However, thesetogether add character to an alreadynice patina.
- Dial - Great condition. When you take the bezel off, there are some marks on the dial and a tiny crack near the edge (near the 1 o'clock marker). But,you cannot see either of these with the bezel on.
- Crystal - Brand New.
- Hands - Hour Hand is bent. This should not be a problem to correct.
- Bow - Great condition.
- Crown - Works well. It's take a little effort to pull the crown to set the watch, but it winds easily. There is a slight hitch when winding the watch that occurs occasionally. This does not seem to impact the operation of the movement.
- Movement - Seems to workwell.I have tested the watch for multiple 24 hours periods by laying the watch "dial up". For the most part I concluded that it keeps time within2 minutes a day, but a few times it did not.I do not guarantee accuracy and recommend a cleaning, as I have no idea when the last time this watch was serviced.
THE ITEM IS BEING SOLD AS IS.
This pocket watch would make aterrific gift or a nice addition to one's collection. I would recommended a quick visit to the local watchmaker to straighten out the hour hand and clean the movement. If you are going to use the watch frequently, then you should probably repair the "winding hitch" as well.
START PRICE = $9.95
FREE SHIPPING TO USA via USPS Mail with Tracking and Insurance.
SHIPPING INTERNATIONALLY via's Global Shipping Program. Price varies on Destination.
PLEASE SEE MY OTHER POCKET WATCH LISTINGS!
- I reserve the right to cancel this listing at any time.
- I would prefer no returns, although I am a reasonable person. As my response shows, I will always work with my buyers until they are satisfied.
- PAYPAL only please, although I am a reasonable person.
- Please pay within 5 days.
- I will try to get back to you with any questions/offers ASAP, but sometimes I need 24 hours.
This item has been shown 0 times.