Lot Of 10 Vintage Baby Items With Damage
This item has been shown 19 times.
Lot Of 10 Vintage Baby Items With Damage:
Well, here's my story and I hope you'll stay around for all of it. I had been stashing away vintage baby items and really didn't remember why. Finally got around to soaking and washing and ironing and am so sad to say there is just so much damage. That is probably why I was adding them to a pile in the first place.
I know my pictures can't begin to do justice to this many items and I have decided to put them all in one lot of vintage baby with damage. My hope is there is someone that would still enjoy these and perhaps use in projects of one sort or another. Repair might be possible in a few.
Okay, here we go.....these descriptions will follow the pictures.
1. A long white gown with sweet pink bouillion roses embrodiered on the collar. Lace at edge of collar and sleeves. The damage is a good size hole that is in the front and 4 varying size holes on the back, but they are all smaller than the front with 2 being pretty small. Two buttons intact.
2. This sweet diaper shirt in light pink with super sweet embroidery and scallops on the sleeves has a slash cut in the left front bottom. One button intact and one missing. Sweet little pocket. This one has a tag ...I can read Made in the Philippines.
3. The feather stitching and the french knot flowers make this one. Sweet ribbon closures at neck and under arm and on side. I've never seen all that. Unique and sweet. Lots of holes. Sorry I didn't realize the picture was blurred. I can try again in the light.
4. The next sweet little white dress has the Philippines tag and one year. Sweet embroidery, teeny tiny tucks plus larger ones, scalloped hem with embroidery front center above the hem. Sad to say the damage is a large hole in the front that goes to the back.
5. Next is a white long gown with sweet tucks, embroidery and open work on the front. Sweetest little lace on neck and sleeve. Three small holes like the fabric is worn through. One row of openwork above the hem. Missing buttons and torn a bit below that closure. Yikes, just noticed hole under right sleeve and lace torn and some missing on bottom of right and left sleeve.
6. Pretty positive this one is antique. Just has to be seen in person. Sweet gathered neck with some embroidery and then french knots and open work form a pattern on the front. There's 3 teeeny tiny rows that go all the way around about an inch above the large hem. How I hated to put this one in the damage category, but stain on front hem and a tiny hole in front with 2 or 3 a bit larger on the back bottom. Two great old buttons intact. Cuffed short sleeves. Just precious!
7. oh my gracious......the sweet open work and lace on neck and sleeves....swoon worthy! White embroidery on front. Fabric so old and thin that it's worn through in spots. That fabulous lace...well, you just would have to see it to believe it. I think quite a bit could be salvaged.
8. We round it out with 2 slips....both have scalloped necks, arms and hems. One has an area of mildew. The other has a few random holes and where a pleat has been taken out to lengthen. Sweet button closures on both.
9. I'm not going to mention the bunny rabbit embroidered pink dress that I totally ruined in the wash. I'll throw it in so you can have the buttons and teeny lace if you want. Besides I just can't throw it away so maybe you'll do that for me.
10. So this is a unique, antique piece of fabric. It was the skirt of a christening gown so has a beautiful inset, but lots of damage. It was sooooo gathered that when it was removed from the top, the skirt measures about 33" wide and 32" long.
Questions are always answered and offers are always considered and generally accepted.