Mad Men Vtg 50s Bright Satin Swing Sculpted Ruffle Cocktail Party Dress Coat For Sale
Accessories and coordinating pieces shown are not included in this listing but may be available seperately CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR STORE
A Stunning Vintage 1950's Cobalt Blue Satin Opera/Cocktail Coat A Straight Shot of Gorgeous Of-the-Moment Color in Mint Condition
For the Spring/Summer 2013 collections, it's all about bright take-no-prisoners colors and dramatic, sculptural shapes. But this fabulous coat is from the late 50's.
Bracelet sleeves to showcase fabulous jewelry, long gloves, or a special handbag (but also ideal for modern layering). Pristine white satin lining. Little hidden side pockets. Double button and loop closure at the neck. And a fabulous architectural collar.
A chic, elegant coat in an amazing color is iconic and always in style - but it really rings the bell for this season.
ATTN: Motion Picture Costumers and Photo Stylists:
This evening/cocktail coatpresents beautifully - bold and elegant, but feminine, with a modern edge.
+ WATCH THIS ITEM
MEASUREMENTS (in inches) Bust : 46
Waist : straight a-line cut Hips : 60 Length : 42 Shoulder to Waist n/a Sweep: 76 Sleeve : 15.5 Shoulder : 15 Textile : Highest quality satin with excellent hand and body, lined with a light weight satin. Both fabrics believed to be either silk, or a silk and acetate blend. Designer : Sandra Sage Estimated to fit : The shoulders are the only deciding factor here - anywhere from a size 2-12 of average height. Please also note the armhole opening is 19", relatively generous for this era. Clipped for photo? no Condition: Excellent - Appears never to have been worn. No There is one faint spot 2x4mm in the middle of the back which wasn't seen until spreading the garment perfectly flat to measure.
offerDING and BUYING TIPS & INFO
- We never forget that buying online is based on TRUST. We guarantee that our listings are accurate and comprehensive.
- offer early! In fairness to everyone we can't grant requests to honor missed offers due to sniping software mishaps.
- 99.99% of our pieces are one of a kind, pre-owned bona-fide vintage. Expect some wear, but we are very discriminating. The rare modern reproduction will be clearly identified.
- Will it fit? Only you can make that decision. Compare the listed measurements to those of a similar garment you own that fits the way you like.
- Please click responsibly! If you don't intend to pay or disagree with our store policies, you are certainly welcome to window shop.
- Questions? Ask away! But do so before you offer please.
- If you are new to vintage buying, Buying Vintage Online (right) is a MUST READ before shopping.
- We accept Paypal and all credit cards via Paypal.
- California residents add 8.9% for state & county sales tax.
- We LOVE our clients. But, buyers who don't honor a winning offer or buy-it-now commitment are just so NOT COOL. Such naughty people will be reported to after three days.Srsly.
- If you need more time to pay just ask!
- We reserve the right to remove/block offers for any reason.
- Our #1 job is ensuring our listings are accurate and comprehensive. Returns are accepted unconditionally if we make a mistake. Just let us know - negative response can't fix the problem, but we will.
- Returns can NOT be accepted on the basis of fit, color, or buyers remorse, but you can return the item for a refund if you are otherwise dissatisfied. Tags must still be attached to the item and it must be received by us within 5 days after request is approved. Return requests must be made within 3 days of delivery. All shipping costs are assumed by buyer and tracking is required.
- Click shipping tab above to see shipping costs and available methods.
- We ship daily unless it is a weekend or holiday.
- Consider insuring your shipment. Since we cannot control the USPS, we can not be responsible for items lost in the mail.
- U.S. purchases ship USPS Priority Mail or Parcel Post w/delivery confirmation. Express shipping is available - email us for a quote.
- Of course we combine shipping and offer FREE SHIPPING on orders over $150 (US only)
- International purchases ship USPS Priority or Global Express. Some (but not all) items can be shipped via First Class Mail but it takes a looooong time and there are no tracking or insurance options.
- PLEASE NOTE:The customs rules, laws, FEES and/or DUTIES charged by your country for accepting a package from the US are the buyer's responsibility.Protect yourself and do your research before offerding.
- International shipping paperwork must list sold items as merchandise and at the price paid. It's the law.
BUYING VINTAGE ONLINE
~Vintage means pre-owned and almost always there will be some evidence of wear.
~Our item descriptions are honest, accurate, and detailed. All known flaws/damage (holes, stains, missing buttons, etc) are noted and pictured.
~CLOTHING: Compare the listed measurements to those of a similar garment you own that fits the way you'd want the item listed to fit. Contact us with any questions.
~Some items larger than our dress form or model have been pinned or clipped to present the garment's actual proportion and shape.
~Most of our items are hand-detailed or washed or professionally dry cleaned, with the exceptions of delicate or fragile items (will be noted in the listing).
~We routinely calibrate our monitor but all monitors display colors differently.selecta-relic/sswoon
***offer with confidence***
SSWOON Vintage Fashion
SELECTA-Relic Vintage Objets d 'Cool
400+ Sales 100% response
all content ©2011 SSWOON. All rights reserved. _gsrx_vers_523 (GS 6.6.3 (523))
This item has been shown times.