Manzanita Centerpieces - Branches, Two Pieces
This item has been shown 0 times.
Manzanita Centerpieces - Branches, Two Pieces:
HAND-SELECTED FOR USE AS CENTERPIECESBeautiful, hand-picked Manzanita branches from Blooms and Branches, the largest supplier of Manzanita branches on the Internet. This is a package of two (2) branches that are selected specifically for centerpieces. They are approximately 24 inches in overall height.
We also sell Manzanita is different sizes, colors and textures- contact us regarding sandblasted manzanita, semi-gloss gold, semi-gloss silver, pure white, and white sparkle! All painted pieces have great coverage and a smooth texture, and look simply amazing. We also sell full-sized trees up to 7 ft, in both natural red and sandblasted (shipped via freight, shipping quote required).
We ship to Canada and Puerto Rico (additional fees with duties and taxes may apply). All orders ship via FedEx in 4 to 5 business days (East Coast).Please read before purchasing: Manzanita Buyer's Guide
Natural Branches: Consistently Inconsistent!Please note that the product photo above is an example only. It is not the actual product shipped. All branches are unique, just like everything else in nature.
When purchasing natural branches such as Manzanita, Curly Willow and Birch, keep in mind that they are unlike other decorative branches used for floral design. Each one is an individual shape and sculpture, and may take on a variety of shapes and variations. Manzanita is cannot be reshaped like Curly Willow, and is quite strong. Most professional centerpieces are created using several branches to achieve a full look, so always consider purchasing additional pieces or fillers. This needs to be a first consideration when purchasing your branches.
It's best to order your branches all at once. If you place an order today, and another order in a week, you will nearly always see a difference in the product. This is because the harvest areas change every 2-4 days, resulting in changes in the harvested product. No two harvests are ever the same.
Floral Work Required! If you are not comfortable with working with natural products, then creating your own centerpieces is not for you. Hire a florist. Just as your lovely bouquet of roses has no thorns or discolored petals, be assured that they did not come from the floral market that way. They had to de-leafed, de-thorned, wired, and the discolored outer petals removed before the arranging was even begun.
Manzanita and other natural branches are no different in this regard. Strong trimming tools and floral paint are practically a necessity for creating a nice centerpiece with this material. Just plopping them in a vase with some rocks is just not realistic. Be ready to be the florist, be creative, and have fun!
The following characteristics of manzanita branches are naturally occurring, and are a part of working with the material.
Characteristics of Natural (red) Manzanita:
- Shape: shapes vary with each piece, harvest area, and time of year. Manzanita always grows wide and flat rather than symmetrically.
- Branches: branches can vary greatly in diameter with each piece.
- Size: sizes are approximate and vary with each piece, harvest area, and time of year.
- Bark: color and condition of the bark will vary with each season, harvest area and time of year. Spring through Summer (six month period), Manzanita bark will regenerate and peeling will take place. To remove loose or peeling bark, use a soft brush. For stubborn areas, use a light wire brush. Some branches may turn a gray color, which is normal. If the entire branch or tree turns gray, please send us photos so that we can assist you with this. For peeling and gray areas, the best solution is to touch up with floral paint, such as Design Master's "October Brown" floral paint available at Michael's Crafts.
- Spring and Summer Harvest: Spring through Summer (six month period), Manzanita bark will regenerate and peeling will take place. As a courtesy to our customers, our staff will often color treat pieces before shipping to even out the color for consistency. If you do not wish to have color treatment performed, please indicate at checkout.
- Age: Manzanita branches will last indefinitely (we have centerpieces in our showroom that are several years old). Cracks and splits will occur as the wood naturally cures, however this will not cause them to break in half, fall apart, etc. Using the floral paint mentioned above to add color into the splitting areas makes them practically non-noticeable.
- Leaves: leaves are mechanically or manually removed, depending on the current season, harvest or time of year.
If you have any questions, please ASK before purchasing.