Melting Kit Gold & Silver Crucibles Set Handle Carbon Rod Borax Torch Melt Scrap For Sale
MELTING KIT COMPLETESET GOLD & SILVER KIT INCLUDES:2 CRUCIBLE DISHES 1MIXING CARBON ROD 1 HANDLE 1 BAG BORAX
Melting kit for melting scrap Gold & Silver, a set that includes all you need to melt precious metals up to2 oz. (Pictures showcrucible with2oz of Silver shot). The only thing you have to supply is the TORCH andMETAL.
* Handle is the "Whip" crucible dish holder is a wire handled instrument, works by reverse action pinching and holding the melting dish in place for pouring. The WHIP makes a lot of sense when using small melting dishes, made of stainless steel the spring action keeps good tension to assure the user that the melting dish will not slip. Small Whip Handle holds and fits 1-3/4" and 2-1/4" dishes
* Crucibles are "A-1 TOP RATED are long lasting made of HIGH GRADE Clay Bonded Fused Silica, withstand temperatures up to2500°F/1371°C. Made in ITALY
* Graphite Carbon Stirring Rod along with a bag of Borax for use in glazing and melting. The carbon rod is used for stirring and mixing the molten metal in order to get a good homogenous mix of the alloys in Gold, Silver, Brass metals. Borax when used in melting of Gold and Silver helps to dissolve Oxides and other impurities and produce a fluid borate slag that collects on the surface of the molten metal. This slag is periodically removed, by use of a carbon rod. Made in USA Note: Do not use Rod with Platinum - set is NOT for melting Platinum!(Graphitewill contaminate the Platinum Metal).
* Borax used for glazing the crucible and as a flux when melting, in a 3 oz Bag.
JETS Product # 0311-051025
SET -Contains5 Items:
- 1 Piece -Small Size "Whip" Crucibles Holder (Holds both Sizes of the Crucibles)
- 2 Pieces 2 Sizes - Capacities of Crucible Dishes (1pc 20dwt. and 1pc 40dwt. Capacity)
- 1 Piece -Stirring Carbon Rod 1/4" Diameter x 12" Long
- 1 Piece -Bag of Borax 3oz. Bag
WORK SAFE-Protective Clothing, heat gloves and eye protection must be worn when melting metals.*SAFETY factors mustalways be the Priority!