Moss Brothers-london Dove Gray Morning Vest Waistcoat--1950--adjustable Med/lg
This item has been shown 0 times.
Moss Brothers-london Dove Gray Morning Vest Waistcoat--1950--adjustable Med/lg:
1945-50 Genuine Vintage Dove Grey Double-breasted Morning Suit Waistcoat/Vest-- Adjustable: Small to Large!
I'm not quite sure why it is the case, but finding a dove grey, double-breasted morning suit waistcoat/vest is a very difficult task! If you don't believe me, do a search on ...and -UK, too! They're just very hard to find! I have an excellent, British-made example here, in near-perfect condition. It is tagged a British size "38"...though that really doesn't mean much, as the vest is adjustable by elastic straps at the waist, as well as the neckline. It can easily and quickly adjust from a size Small to a Large...even an EXTRA-large, depending on your waistline (see measurements below). It is a fine, 100% wool fabric, lined in a lighter shade of grey (wool, I believe). It was made by the exclusive MOSS BROS. LTD. of COVENT GARDEN, London. I estimate this to be of the Post-WWII period, roughly 1945-50, though it could be somewhat newer. Whatever its age, it is of the CLASSIC style, designed to be worn with a dark grey morning tailcoat and hickory striped trousers...and top hat...and all the other accessories. That's what it was designed for...but that shouldn't mean it couldn't be worn with a complimentary suit or jacket of another variety. All I know is that it looks absolutely smashing, with the overlapping lapels in the front. And the lapels are nicely peaked, too...another feature that's hard to find. It has two pockets on the front, with nice "darts" at each pocket corner. There is some writing (in ink) on the Moss Bros. tag, but I can't make it out...perhaps you can? (see photo #7)
Condition: It is in VERY good condition! No stains, holes, marks or flaws at all. The elastic at the waistline and neckline are both in "good as new" condition and remain very snappy and stretchable. The interior remains clean, odorless and rather perfect, actually. If I were to nitpick, I would say that the basting (loose stitching) that holds the peaks of the lapels to the rest of the lapel could require a few stitches to tighten them up a bit...or not...they're fine "as is," but that's my opinion.
Some guys prefer the full-backed vests. Myself, with a sometimes fluctuating waistline, I appreciate the adjustable qualities of these backless vests. No tailoring required! Just tighten that elastic! (or let it out!).
As mentioned, the sizing/measurements are tough to gather...but here are some figures for reference:
Chest (Across the front, at widest point): 13”--it is backless, so this figure doesn't really mean much.
Waist: Expandable from about 30" to about 40" (!)
Length (top of back collar to bottom front): 20" long, expandable to about 24" long.
Lapel: 5” at widest point (at the peak of the lapel)
In short: I'd say the only size person this would not work so well with would be an extremely broad-chested fellow. Otherwise, it would work, I think, for anyone from a small to a not-too-extra-large (if that makes sense?).
Be sure to save me as a "favorite seller" and check out my other listings! I'll be selling several EXCELLENT, rare, vintage men's vests in the coming weeks (and other cool stuff as well!).
You can buy with assurance with me. Refer to my 100% positive response and know that I only sell quality merchandise that I'm proud to be associated with. If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to contact me and I'll try to help in a timely manner.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are a buyer with less than 10 positive responses, you must contact me before offerding to assure that you are genuine. I regret having to do this, but owing to several fools with nothing better to do than to place false offers on my items--and then disappear--this is, sadly, a necessity.
- Insurance is required on all items...and as a "free gift" with your purchase, I will pay for the insurance (U.S. only).
- I accept PAYPAL ONLY as a form of payment, and payment is required within three days of sale's end.
- I do ship internationally,via USPSInternational Priority Mail, which ishigher than U.S. First Class, but it is quicker delivery and it is easier for both ofus to track the shipment while it's en route—the international rates will be calculated and charged actual cost at the end of the sale.
- Importantnote: As I have had problems with shipping/customs tocertain countries, I don't ship everywhere internationally, so check to besure that I can ship to your area before offerding.
- I only ship via USPS Priority Mail and will ship your item in the smallest box that it reasonably fits into--thus, there may be wrinkling upon arrival. If you prefer to have it shipped in the next-largest sized USPS Priority mail box, I'm happy to do that...though there is, of course, extra postage involved (and Internationally, it can be substantially higher, as the cost is based on the size of the box, not the weight).
- And as I feel that this item is fully, accurately and completely described and shown, there are no refunds/returns.
THANK YOU, and good luck offerding! Please check my other sales, too...you may find something you absolutely can’t live without!