Madonna & Child - Fine Antique Old Early 1900's Religious Oil On Canvas Painting
This item has been shown 0 times.
Madonna & Child - Fine Antique Old Early 1900's Religious Oil On Canvas Painting:
<div style="text-align:center"><img border="0"><br><table style="text-decoration:none" target="_blank"><img height="21px" valign="middle" align="center"><font face="arial" size="2"><b><a
<img border="0"><br><a target="_blank"><img border="0"></a> Madonna & Child In The Clouds
Early 20th Century, Oil On Canvas
A very fine early 1900's oil on canvas painting depictingMadonnaand child in the clouds.
Superb attention to detail, especially to the hands and the faces.
Un-signed & un-framed.
- Title: Madonna & Child In The Clouds
- Artist (Attribution) / Age: Unknown Artist / Early 20th Century
- Style: Realism
- Provenance: Purchased from a UK antiques fair.
- Iconography/ Subject Matter: Religious
- Item Measurements: Un-Framed: W: 54 cm (21") x H: 77 cm (30") approx.
- Condition: For restoration. Couple of canvas splits (canvas still visible) one measuring 2" and the other 1" and some paint losses. Also a small number of minor holes, some scratches, otherwise in good, clean is used when, in our opinion, this a work by the artist.
- "Attributedto:" is used when, in our opinion the work is probably by the artist but lesscertaintyas to authorship is expressed than in Of:" is used when, in our opinion the work is by anunknownhand in the studio of the artist, which may or may not have been executed under the artist's direction.
- "Circle Of:" is used when, in our opinion, a work by an as yet unidentified but distinct hand, closely associated with the named artist but notnecessarilyhis pupil.
- "Follower Of: / Style Of:" is used when, in our opinion a work by a painter working in the artist's stylecontemporaryto nearlycontemporary but notnecessarilyhis pupil.
- "Manner Of: is used when, in our opinion a work is in the style of the artist and of a later date.
- "After" is used when, in our opinion is a copy of a known work of the artist.
- "Signed" an / or "dated" and / or "inscribed" is used when, in our opinion the signature an / or date and / or inscription are from the hand of the artist."
- "Bears A Signature" and / or "Bears A Date" and / or "Bears An Inscription" means in our opinion that the signature and / or date and / or inscription has been added by another hand.
- For more expensive items bank transfer ispreferred(all details are provided after the sale has been made)
- For less expensive items PayPal ispreferred.
- UK: Royal Mail Express 48 / Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded.
- Europe: Airmail / Parcelforce Global Priority.
- Everywhere Else: Airmail / Parcelforce GlobalPriority.