Make-up Artist #81: Oscar Race Child Make-up Twilight Inglorious Basterds Avatar
This item has been shown times.
Make-up Artist #81: Oscar Race Child Make-up Twilight Inglorious Basterds Avatar:
CREATURE FEATURES, your one-stop shop for monstrous movie & TV collectibles, celebrates the art of make-up effects with our latest series of sales showcasing rare artifacts from the works of such legends as Lon Chaney, Sr., Jack Pierce, William Tuttle, Rick Baker, Rob Bottin, the late Stan Winston and many others!
This week we're offering the rare OUT-OF-PRINT Issue #81 ofMake-Up Artist Magazine, Hollywood's leading trade publication for the make-up industry. Published in November/December 2009, this special "Collector's Cover" issue featured two covers. The issue for sale is Cover #1, and contains the following spectacular photo-filled articles:
- Editor's Buzz -The Fashion Week Files / Airbrush Antagonism / Backstage at Miss Universe / California Production Money
- IMATS Sydney: Fun Down Under. New International Make-Up Artist Trade Show drew artists from all over Australia, Sept. 13-14, 2009 at the Sydney Convention Centre.
- Gold Standard. How the Oscar® selection process really works, with guidance from Leonard Engelman, governor of the Makeup Artists and Hairstylists Branch of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- Oscar Splash. Joe Nazzaro looks at the big pool of contenders vying for the prize. Movies include: Taking Woodstock, The Young Victoria, Amelia, Public Enemies, Inglourious Basterds, Watchmen, Avatar, Terminator Salvation, District 9, Star Trek, Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant and X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
- 'Moon' Lighting.
Writer Wendy Helfenbaum finds out how Norma Hill-Patton makes Twilight: New Moon vampires glow.
- Going Places. Brett Glass finds out how Vietnam-born beauty make-up artist Hung Vanngo's artistry has taken him far.
- It's Good to be King. Designer Peter King makes a strong showing in awards season with his work on Rob Marshall's Nine and Peter Jackson's The Lovely Bones.
- Child's Play.The need for make-up artists who can work with kids and teenagers has grown as more networks have realized that shows aimed at children can attract big audiences. But making up these kids isn't all fun and games.
- Retro Reviews
- Westmore's Wisdom - Michael Westmore
- The Call Sheet
- Product News
- Beauty Breakdown
- Lab Tech
- Out of the Kit
- Martini Shot
The magazine will be shipped first-class in a manila envelope with cardboard backing, or U.S. Priority Mail if you prefer. We also offer international shipping with Priority Mail.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions!