Margaret Keane 's 1963 " The Lion & The Child " - 10 Blank Cards & Envelopes For Sale
Lion and the Child" by Walter Keane with Envelopes Keane Note Cards Package of 10 Cello Wrapped Art Print on Front and Blank on Inside FREE Work Title: "The Lion and he Child" Artist: Margaret Keane / Walter Keane Drawn: 1963 Art Information (printed on back of card): "Strange indeed, but the little girl and the lionappearto have a common bond. Or is it so strange? Quite often, in a child's imaginaryworld, small events grow and grow, like Jack's beanstalk, into fearsome images, huge andfrighteningas the King of Beasts. The lion is caged by steel, but the little girl is caged by her fears." Size: 5 inches x 7 inchesCard Color: white (except art work)Envelope Color: whiteWeight: 7 oz per packageShipping Weight: 1 lbs - 3 oz Condition: new; unopened cello package Original Box: noneNote: Biography
Margaret Keane(born 1927) is an Americanartist. She is an illustrator and painter, and mainly draws women and children in oil or mixed media. Her works are instantly recognizable (although often imitated) from the doe-eyed children that are depicted in the drawings.
Margaret D. H. Keane was born 1927 in Tennessee, and attributes her deep respect for theBibleand inspirations of her artwork to the relationship with her grandmother. She later became one ofJehovah's Witnesses, which she said changed her life for the better.
In the 1960's, Margaret Keane's artwork was sold under the name of her husband,Walter Keane. He locked her in a room and forced her to paint,while taking credit for her work. Conflict over that issue was cited as one of the reasons they divorced. Neither wanting to relinquish rights to the artwork, Walter and Margaret's divorce proceedings went all the way to federal court. At the hearing, Margaret created a painting in front of the judge to prove that she was the artist. Walter declined to paint before the court, citing a sore shoulder. In 1986, the courts sided with her, enabling her to paint under her own name.
Her works while living in her husband's shadow tended to depict sad children in a dark setting, but after divorcing, moving toHawaii, and becoming one of Jehovah's Witnesses, her paintings took on a happier, brighter style. Her website now advertises her work as having "tears of joy" or "tears of happiness".
Keane is a fixture in popular culture. Some of her well-known fans over the years have included actressesJoan CrawfordandNatalie Wood, whom she painted portraits of; filmmakerTim Burton, who commissioned Keane to paintLisa Marie; and animatorCraig McCracken, whose charactersThe Powerpuff Girlsare based on Keane's 'waifs'; additionally the Girls' schoolteacher is named "Ms. Keane".
Currently Margaret makes her home inNapa County, California. She will be portrayed byReese Witherspoonin the upcoming filmBig Eyes.
- excerpt from Wikpedia article-
- All items come from a smoke free store environmentItems: - Review photos to confirm my assessment of the quality of this item. - If you are not sure about anything, please ask questions.
- All items are described to the best of my knowledge and are thoroughly inspected.
- Most of my photos are taken with a quality camera which provide very clear close ups.
- This may magnify minor flaws on items that may not be seen on the actual item under normal lighting and viewing.
- There are occasional glare spots in some photos of shiny items. These are not imperfections.Payment:
- Payment is expected within 3 days of sale end.
- I accept PayPal transactions. Ask about others. - If I do not receive your payment or hear from you in 3 days after the sale ended, I reserve the right to cancel your offer and sell to the next higher buyer or list the item back on sale.Returns:
- Given after receiving an item you feel that I have misrepresented or identified .
- Given after receiving an item you feel does not meet your expectations. - Please contact me immediately so that we may discuss your concerns and rectify your concerns
. - Returns accepted if Buyer contacts me within 14 days
after receiving the item. - Refund will be given as money back through PayPal.
- Buyer pays return shipping costs.
Shipping: - I will ship your purchases within 1 day of payment. I offer combined shipping at a $3.00 extra per item for most items. - For heavy items there maybe an additional shipping cost for combined items. - I ship primarily to U.S. buyers ……. However, I do ship Internationally to selected countries. - I ship to Canada, Scandinavian, Europe, United Kingdom, Germany, Australia and Japan. - Ask about other countries and I will consider shipping to them. - All Buyers, except USA, will pay additional shipping cost and handling fee based on the country being shipped to. - Import duties, taxes and charges are
not included in the item price or shipping charges.These charges are the
buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs
office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding/buying. These charges are normally collected by the mail or shipping company or when
you pick the item up. Please do not confuse them for additional shipping
charges.Communication: - If there is no communication, should a change or problem arise after the close of the sale, I reserve the right to cancel and /or return payment for the item.
This item has been shown 49 times.
Margaret Keane 's 1963 " The Lion & The Child " - 10 Blank Cards & Envelopes: $7