Marilyn Monroe Seven Year Itch Franklin Mint Nate Giorgio Framed Watercolor For SaleMarilyn Monroe - The Seven Year Itch Nate Giorgio - Limited Edition Watercolor, Ink, & Pastel
Item: Nate Giorgio Limited-Edition Franklin Mint Portrait
Title: The Seven-year Itch
Subject: Marilyn Monroe
The Seven Year Itch is a romantic comedy 1955 American Film based on a three-act play with the same name by George Axelrod. The film was co-written and directed by Billy Wilder, and starred Marilyn Monroe and Tom Ewell, reprising his Broadway role. It contains one of the most iconic images of the 20th century – Monroe standing on a subway grate as her white dress is blown by a passing train. The titular phrase, which refers to declining interest in a monogamous relationship after seven years of marriage, has been used by psychologists.
The Artist - Nate Giorgio
If you wish to see the work of painter Nate Giorgio, you need look no further than the clamshell cover of The Michael Jackson OPUS, or the chapter openers, where his ink sketches of Michael have been reproduced. In 1984, he signed an exclusive contract to be Michael Jackson’s personal artist and created dozens of paintings that were displayed in Jackson’s home and used on commercial projects around the world. In addition to producing portraits for some of the world’s most influential people, his figurative and landscape paintings have been the subjects of exhibitions worldwide, with works residing in many significant private collections.
Quick Bio. An award winning artist known for his stunning portraits and masterful paintings, Nate Giorgio is one of today’s most respected fine artists. He was born in Binghamton, New York and began his professional art career in New York City. Giorgio’s work is characterized by his extremely skillful technique and handling of color, greatly inspired by the legends in the art world. Moving from one style to another, Giorgio conveys a wealth of inspiration and imagery, making his art unforgettable. Giorgio’s boldly conceived landscape paintings show a deep reverence for nature with raw power, and he counts his contemporary gold and silver leaf scenery as his most significant contributions to the world of art. His strongly modernist figurative works, mixing rich textures and metallic finishes, convey his unique vision and style as an unrivaled artist. Giorgio resides in Los Angeles, California, where he accepts private commissions and continues to exhibit and sell his work throughout the world.
Artist Statement: When I create a painting I like to mix many different techniques and mediums. The combination of ink, oil, pastel, and watercolor give my work the style and originality I strive for. The most important thought in my mind when I’m painting is the work must be different from other artists, original, and totally unique. I love to work on paper as much as canvas and I consider my graphic, bold ink paintings some of my finest work. My technique is very different from other painters and I’m often asked how I get certain looks in my paintings. I feel it’s the combination of materials and techniques blended together that give my work this unique look.
My portrait paintings combine a variety of techniques I’ve been developing for years. I start by blocking in large soft transparent tones in ink or watercolor, followed by layers of color bringing out more detail from the background washes. Painting to me is about being spontaneous and expressive with a brush or medium to truly capture a mood or effect, the essence of a subject. I love to stand in front of my board with raw basic materials such as inks, oils, and graphite to create. An artist must try and reach “simplicity” in his art, this is why I constantly work on my figurative style of painting, stripping away unnecessary colors and strokes. I try and let the subject determine which medium or technique I’ll use, this keeps the art fresh from one painting to another. A great work of art should take the viewer to another place and time, this is what painting is to me, a combination of skill and the ability to move the viewer.
“Seven Year Itch is museum-quality wall-hung art that features Marilyn Monroe from the film "The Seven Year Itch." This limited edition signed collectible was released by Franklin Mint in 1996. This is a hard-to-find officially licensed art print is framed in a gold (with black accents) rounded and fluted edge wooden frame with gold inlay immediately around photo. The off-white linen patterned mat is 3” wide. Acyrlic covering helps prevents UV light damage. A limited edition of 950, the piece bears the signature of the artist and the trademark of Marilyn Monroe.
This beautiful piece is displayed in a smoke-free home as part of an extensive Marilyn Monroe collection away from sunlight. It wants to come home with you, so take advantage of this very rare find! This piece will be well-packed in foam inside an H/D cardboard box and ships fully insured with delivery confirmation to a Paypal verified address.
We purchased this highly-collectible piece at an art gallery in the Venetian Hotel Shoppes in Las Vegas, Nevada in 1999 and are the original owners. Unfortunately, we must downsize our collection to match our reduced living quarters (we have a lot less wall space now). Now you can enjoy this rare piece of Marilyn Monroe and Al Hirschfeld memorabilia.
This particular piece is almost impossible to find!
► Original Official Licensed Merchandise
► Limited Edition of 950 Prints
► Certificate of Authenticity (COA) mounted on back
► Marilyn Monroe in two poses
► Trademark signature of Marilyn Monroe
► 24K Gold Medalion - Marilyn Monroe
Frame Size (outside): 29" high x 23" wide
Frame Size (Inside): 25" high x 20" wide
Picture Size (Inside): 19" high x 13" wide
Mat: Textured Linen - white
Overlay: Clear acrylic
Frame Material: Molded Wood - painted gold
Frame Inlay: None
Photo Inlay: painted gold
Manufacturer: Franklin Mint
Artist: Nate Georgio
Model: Limited Edition Watercolor,Ink, and Pastel
Style: Framed Wall Artwork
Year: 1995 (painting)
Country of MFG: United States
Color: Gold Frame / Black Accents / Off-White Mat
In tribute to the beauty, vitality and eternal appeal of Marilyn Monroe, Nate Giorgio has created a stunning graphic – Marilyn. A handsome work of art for your home, this signed print depicts Marilyn Monroe in her legendary pose from the film, The Seven Year Itch, and it is set with a minted medallion lavishly embellished with 24 karat gold and bearing Marilyn Monroe’s Signature. It was available exclusively through The Franklin Mint and issued in a limited edition of 950 prints worldwide with each edition distinguished by a different specially designed remarque.
Artist Nate Georgio with client Michael Jackson
Be sure to offer early so you don’t lose this unique item!
Also, be sure to check out our other items for sale by clicking on my “User ID” (FranchiseExpert) at the top of the screen
I am not a full-time seller (I am a Franchise Strategist), so between client appointments and traveling for my business I can’t always be by my computer to immediately respond to your questions. That’s why I provide a detailed description of each item listed, plenty of photos (if needed), specific policies (returns, payment, shipping, etc.), and much more (see below). However, I welcome your questions and I try to answer e-mails as promptly as possible (usually 24-hours or less). Please contact us through by clicking the “Ask Seller a Question” link at the bottom of the listing.
I am an enthusiast. I love and I respect the opportunity provided to both buyers and sellers (I have been both). I provide always provide response as a buyer and I endeavor to maintain 100% positive response through fair dealing as a seller. I appreciate the opportunity to offer you my items and I make every effort to handle inquiries and transactions in a prompt, professional, and courteous manner. If any questions or problems arise, I would like the opportunity to respond and resolve them in a positive manner.
I am a Marilyn Monroe collector. My wife and I have amassed a significant personal collection of Marilyn Monroe memorabilia since we started collecting in 1995. Although much of our collection, both new and previously-owned items, was acquired during our travels in the United States and abroad; we were fortunate to have purchased some valuable items through numerous sales (starting back in December 1998). As the kids now are grown and we have “right-sized” our residence and lives, we are using to help reduce our Marilyn Monroe Collection.
Local Pick-up. We all want to save on shipping costs and get our items quickly and without the potential damage that may occur in shipment. I offer the option of safe local pick-up on every item I sell and to every buyer that can travel to Orlando, Florida to obtain their item. I will provide a safe, easy-to-locate, public (commercial) pick-up location that has ample parking and camera surveillance in place. You must provide me with a copy of your driver’s license (photo ID) when you request to pick-up your purchase. You will also be expected to sign a receipt for the item when you receive it, inspect it, and accept it.
Domestic Shipping Policy. The sooner you make a payment, the sooner I ship your item. All payments must be made in US Dollars. I only accept Paypal payments, but remember you can also pay via major credit card through Paypal even if you do not have a Paypal account. PayPal is FREE to the buyer!
Please note that I am aware that some sellers provide FREE shipping (and sometimes I do too), but remember shipping is a real cost (money is paid out to a third-party carrier), so you know that the shipping cost is really “built-into” the cost of the item. I also realize that some sellers have an artificially low shipping price to get you to purchase their item. I don’t know how others get their low shipping prices, but I endeavor to post the lowest possible shipping cost based on the actual third-party shipping charge plus a small handling fee.
Here is what you need to know about how I ship:
- Shipping Cost.I always list the total cost for shipping to an address within the United States (sometimes shipping is free to U.S. buyers). Shipments are only made to Paypal verified addresses after receipt and approval by Paypal (Paypal will notify me that the item is ok to ship). The fees for “Shipping” as well as “Packing and Handling” are included in the specified total “Shipping” cost.
- Packing and Handling.All items are shipped within 3 business days of receipt of payment unless otherwise stated (some items may require special packing or creating by a third-party and are so indicated). Since most items are not in their original packaging and all items need a shipping container, I include a charge (based on size and complexity) for handling and packing supplies including padded envelope or box, tape, protective wrap, labeling, and packing time. To mitigate costs, I often use recycled (used) cardboard boxes.
- Tracking.Every item I sell is “tracked” the fee for which is included in the shipping cost. Immediately after shipment, I post the tracking number and the carrier into my account and you are notified that the item has been shipped.
- Shipping Damage.Although I endeavor to pack each item well, sometimes damage occurs in shipping. In the event that any or all items are damaged, it is the buyer’s responsibility to contact the carrier and make a claim. Do not return the item to me (the Seller). Be sure to retain the original packaging materials for inspection by the carrier. The Seller cannot be held liable for the actions of the freight carrier. I insure all items that cost more than $100 for their full value.If your item is “very fragile” it will be packed and shipped at a UPS store (noted in the listing) because UPS unconditionally guarantees that the item will arrive safely to your door or UPS will immediately pay 100% of the insured amount – no questions asked.
- Standard Domestic Shipping(United States). Unless otherwise specified, shipping for all items (i.) under $25.00, (ii.) listed as “free shipping”, and (iii.) shipments to P.O. Boxes will be mailed via United States Postal Service (USPS) “Parcel Select” (slowest and least expensive method). All qualified items (i.e., books, tapes, CDs, DVDs, and software) will be shipped USPS “Media Mail.” Normally, items that (i.) require “fragile” packing or custom-size boxes or (ii.) expensive items on which shipping is separately charged ship UPS Ground (most of the items I sell). For UPS shipments I will need a telephone number, a physical address (remember UPS will not ship to a PO Box) with an indication of residential or commercial delivery. There may be a surcharge for shipment to Alaska or Hawaii (check the listing). Remember, shipping costs are not always determined by actual weight. UPS and other carriers consider the size of the shipping container and charge by “Dimensional Weight.” Therefore, boxes exceeding 16”cubed (16” x 16” x 16”) are charged equal to a package weighing 34 lbs (regardless of actual weight).
International Shipping (outside the United States). I calculate shipping costs for items offered to international buyers, so before you make a purchase please contact me for an exact shipping price (I will need your shipping address including postal code). On those items offered to international buyers, if you provide your complete shipping address to me via email (through ), I will get a quote on a total “shipping” price and let you know as soon as possible before offerding ends.
All items to be packed and shipped internationally are handled by our local UPS retail store. You will be quoted a shipping charge that includes (i.) a new cardboard box (or wooden crate when indicated), (ii.) packing materials (foam peanuts, bubblewrap, paperwrap, solid foam, tape, etc.), (iii.) their labor cost to prepare the package and paperwork, (iv.) insurance covering the full cost of the item, (v.) the shipping charge (includes tracking), and (vi.) my handling cost. UPS unconditionally guarantees that the item will arrive safely to your door or UPS will immediately pay 100% of the insured amount – no questions asked. Because of differing rules in each country.
I cannot determine if you (Buyer) will incur any additional charges for boarder inspections, taxes, duties, import/export fees, customs fees, brokerage fees, and special delivery. It is your (Buyer) responsibility to investigate such fees prior to offerding (know your own country’s rules and policies). International Buyers are responsible for any customs and duties charges imposed by their respective government which will be in addition to the shipping cost. I do not label any items as “Gift” or “Item for Resale” on the package for International buyers. I have no way to accurately determine or guarantee shipping time on sales to international buyers.
Thank you for your time and consideration!Powered by Template Optimizer
This item has been shown 0 times.