Mens 1943 Omega Wwii Era Stainless Steel Case R17.8 Military Style Vintage Watch For Sale
holben Store Among new and old watch collectors, the Omega Watch Co. of Switzerland is one of the most renowned brands of timepieces, a firm founded by Louis Brandt of Biel in 1848. In 1894 a new caliber bore the name of Omega for the first time, and since then the company has produced some of the finest caliber wristwatches money can buy. Omega is also my favorite Swiss watch firm, unsurpassed when it comes to style and high quality for a not (as of yet) crazy high price.
I am pleased to offer for sale the following vintage men's Omega timepiece, a WWII period Breguet hands model in excellent condition that dates to 1943. This watch is quadruple-signed for Omega on the dial, winding crown, case and mechanism.
Its stainless steel, Omega-signed case measures 39mm end to end and 32mm in width (34mm with original Omega signed steel crown). In inches this works out to be just over 1-1/2 inches long by 1-1/4 inches wide, not including the Omega winding crown. It is powered by its original R17.8 SC caliber, 17 jewel, manual wind mechanism, fully serviced by my skilled watchmaker David to ensure accurate timekeeping.
The ivory color, enamel finished dial is in excellent condition, professionally restored to its correct original status. It features a 60 second outer track border (calibrated to 1/5 of a second for precision), raised silver Arabic numerals, original silver steel Breguet style hands with luminous fill and a sweep original blue steel sweep seconds hand. Signed OMEGA below the 12 with trademark Omega symbol and SWITZERLAND at the base of the dial.
The hardened acrylic crystal is in excellent condition, a later replacement although the original would have also been acrylic for durability and resistance to shattering. The two-piece case is solid stainless steel and in excellent PLUS condition, truly spotless. The original Omega-signed steel winding crown is in excellent shape, winding and setting smoothly.
Turning the watch over I find a stainless steel, screw-down back lid in excellent shape, professionally signed From Ma & Pa Moll - 1943..
Inside I find the original Omega rectangular movement (set within a round protective guard), signed Omega Watch Co., SWISS, Seventeen 17 Jewels , OXG with caliber number of R17.8 SC stamped below the balance wheel. The serial number is #9,646,124. The inside of the case lid is finely engine turned and stamped ACIER INOXYDABLE, OMEGA, FAB. SUISSE, SWISS MADE with case number below.
This fine watch has been disassembled, cleaned, oiled and regulated to ensure it winds and sets smoothly and keeps accurate time. It is fitted on a new and high quality 18mm black deBeer hand crafted Ostrich (grain) calf leather strap with matching steel buckle. All in all a great example of a Second World War non-ordnance officer dial timepiece, my photos do not do this one justice.
- Since 1998, Holben's Fine Watches' goal has been happy customers. I treat buyers as I like to be treated: with courtesy and respect. I am especially proud of my excellent response and high number of repeat clients.
- Watch sizes: I provide exact case measurements in millimeters (the watch industry standard) and inches, and include a U.S. quarter in one photo as a size reference. Draw the measurements on paper to help visualize the watch on your wrist. Remember, watches for men made from the 1910s to 1970s were noticeably smaller than what is considered normal today.
- Buyers outside the United States with less than five response: please take a moment to introduce yourself via the message system prior to offerding. Otherwise, your offer may be retracted.
- U.S. winners pay $7.75 for fully insured, safely boxed USPS First-Class Mail shipping. Washington State residents (and those with shipping addresses in Washington State) are required to pay 8.6% sales tax.
- Canadian buyers pay $21.00 for Registered Air Mail shipping with tracking (I pay the insurance) or $35 for EMS Global Express, a bit faster. International buyers pay $49.00 for EMS Global Express Mail with tracking and insurance. I do provide a Registered Air Mail shipping option ($25.00) to a limited number of countries, including the United Kingdom, France, Netherlands, Switzerland, Japan, Hong Kong and Taiwan. If you are an international buyer please wait until I invoice you with your shipping options.
- International buyers, please note: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding. I ship within 24 hours of receiving your cleared payment but your local custom authorities can cause delays. Expect it to take 7 to 30 days for international delivery.
- Payment is due within three days of sale end, unless you have contacted me prior to arrange otherwise. In accordance with policy, payments not received in four days will initiate an unpaid item case through the Resolution Center.
- In the rare event that a watch needs further service upon receipt, I ask that you return the wristwatch to me (or mailed to my watchmaker, David, in NYC) at my expense. It will be corrected and quickly mailed back to you.
- If you like unique and collectible vintage or antique wristwatches, add me as one of your favorite sellers. I specialize in American and Swiss timepieces from the 1900s to the 1970s. My selection changes weekly, and is comprised of manual wind and automatic watches from the following categories: WWI trench; WWII; military; fancy case, art nouveau; art deco; mid-century modern; stainless steel; sterling silver; white, yellow and rose gold; solid gold; platinum; and diamond, ruby and/or sapphire ladies cocktail watches.
- My very old dog, Cautious Carl, and I want thank everyone for 15 GREAT YEARS on . Keep on ticking!
Our sister store, Holben's Fine Watch Bands, offers an extensive selection of straps including Bonetto Cinturini, deBeer, Di-Modell, Hadley-Roma, Hirsch and Staib; deployment clasps and buckles; metal bracelets; German military Bunds; UTC ballistic nylon G10; open-ended; James Bond striped, leather and woven NATOs; WWII canvas military; genuine and silicone rubber divers; carbon fiber; Kevlar; LORICA; Cordura; GT rally tropic perforated; alligator-, crocodile-, lizard-, ostrich-, shark- and buffalo-grain; chrono sport; riveted; waterproof / water resistant and woven/braided.
This item has been shown 0 times.