March 30th, 2015 Seward's Day March 31st, 2015 César Chávez Day April 2nd, 2015 Maundy Thursday April 2nd, 2015 Pascua Florida Day April 2nd, 2015 World Autism Awareness Day April 3rd, 2015 Good Friday April 4th, 2015 First day of Passover April 4th, 2015 United Nations' Mine Awareness Day April 4th, 2015 Holy Saturday April 5th, 2015 Easter Sunday April 6th, 2015 Easter Monday April 7th, 2015 Day to Remember Rwanda Genocide Victims April 7th, 2015 United Nations' World Health Day April 10th, 2015 Orthodox Good Friday April 11th, 2015 Orthodox Holy Saturday April 11th, 2015 Last day of Passover April 12th, 2015 International Day of Human Space Flight April 12th, 2015 Orthodox Easter April 13th, 2015 Orthodox Easter Monday April 15th, 2015 Tax Day April 15th, 2015 Father Damien Day April 16th, 2015 Yom HaShoah April 16th, 2015 Emancipation Day April 20th, 2015 Patriot's Day April 21st, 2015 San Jacinto Day April 22nd, 2015 Oklahoma Day April 22nd, 2015 Administrative Professionals Day April 22nd, 2015 Earth Day April 23rd, 2015 World Book and Copyright Day April 23rd, 2015 Yom HaAtzmaut April 24th, 2015 Arbor Day April 25th, 2015 World Malaria Day April 26th, 2015 World Intellectual Property Day April 27th, 2015 Confederate Memorial Day April 28th, 2015 World Day for Safety and Health at Work April 29th, 2015 Day to Remember Chemical Warfare Victims May 1st, 2015 Loyalty Day May 1st, 2015 Law Day
Mens Art Deco Classic 1940's Helvetia - Omega Vintage Silver Rectangular Watch For Sale
UNIQUE AND RARE EXAMPLE OF TIMEPIECE VERY BEAUTIFUL VINTAGE WATCH CA 1940’s VERY BEAUTIFUL MECHANICAL WORK
I am very pleased to offer for sale an extra fine men’s SILVER curved Rectangular Art DeCo marriage watch, made by the HELVETIA (brand name by OMEGA), a larger size SILVER Tanke model - Curved and Long that dates to ca 1940’s.
A marriage watch is the term used for a new, modern case that has been used to house a vintage pocket watch movement.
BRIEF MAIN INFORMATION
MOVEMENT: ORIGINAL signed by Helvetia. The movement is running superbly and keeping good time, recently serviced.
DIAL: NEW steel enameled dial.
CASE: NEW silver case – Tanke model.
WATCH CRYSTAL: The gently domed ACRYLIC CRYSTAL is in excellent condition.
SHIPPING: Worldwide – FREE.
PAYMENT: PAYPAL within 7 days.
RETURNS: I provide 100% refunds within 60 days from date of sale ending, , no question's asked and without opening the case in Resolution Center and negative or neutral response from your side.
Helvetia was a trade name registered by Omega but, was also a tradename used by the General Watch Company, a company originally started by the Brandt Brothers of Omega in Bienne, Faucon 18, Switzerland. From the many watches found and general history available, it appears that they were in business from at least 1885. The company was still going in the 1950’s when they were supplying movements to Elgin in Mexico and was still listed in the 1970's.
This gorgeous, designed ART DECO men’s watch is a very handsome specimen has a BLACK enameled steel dial. It featuring a 60 minute checkered inner track border, basic SILVER Exploding Arabic numerals, steel Sword-style hands and a sub-seconds dial with 60 second outer chapter and “sweep” steel seconds hand. The dial is signed HELVETIA below the 12.
The case is SILVER and is in great condition, as are the lugs that are solid and secure. The Onion-style winding crown is gently domed and in excellent shape, operating smoothly. The new BLACK dial and the SILVER case have been professionally updated, and now are in excellent condition. Turning the watch over I see that the ENGRAVED back lid is in excellent condition. The ENGRAVED back case lid is stamped HELVETIA - STOSSGESICHERT with WATCH WHEELS.
Peeking inside I discover a clean, manual wind gold plated high-grade mechanism with BI-METALLIC COMPENSATED BALANCE with regulation screws and BALANCE TOP CAP JEWELS.
This is identified - Anti-shock assemblies, and used to protect the upper and lower balance pivots from damage due to external impact on the watch.
The movement is signed HELVETIA – K24.
This beautiful wristwatch has the ORIGINAL movement in an excellent status which was very well saved, considering age of this watch. Mechanism has been recently serviced to ensure it winds and sets smoothly while keeping great, accurate time.
It is fitted on a new 20mm black alligator calf strap with chrome steel buckle that is vintage style and goes great with this wonderful watch.
This beautifully preserved timepiece measures 44mm end to end and 31mm in width (35mm with crown).
This beautiful and fully restored Art DeCo men’s watch winds and sets smoothly while keeping accurate time.
Because of the vintage nature of the watch I cannot guarantee its absolute time keeping accuracy even if they are in good running condition and in some rare occasions may require additional adjustment.
Always an EXTRA FINE watches at a Price!!!
If you like rare, antique, unique and collectible vintage wristwatches or pocket watches (or just enjoy learning about all the different watch makers and models) I suggest you bookmark this page or add me to your "Favorite Sellers" list. I always have beautiful pristine timepieces for sale ending Monday. Now on for 7 Years!
Recommendations for the owner of vintage watches:
- All Antique watches are mechanical. Many repairs will not be cheap, as most likely they will require replacement of non-standard parts (unlike most late model watches).
- Antique watches should not be beaten or dropped - because repairs may be expensive.
- Antique watches are generally NOT waterproof. This is because waterproofing was not in general production until the middle of the 20th century for most watches. Therefore you should protect your antique watch from exposure to moisture.
- If your watch becomes wet it should be dried off quickly. Carefully open all covers and use a hair drier to blow dry the movement, dial, covers, crown. This will reduce the amount of rust.
- If your watch becomes wet with any kind of salt water you should immediately immerse or spray your watch with fresh (no-salt) water to remove all the salt from the works before drying the watch completely. Any salt left in the watch will combine with moisture in the air to rust metal components of the movement, case etc.
- Winding any mechanical watch tight may break the mainspring. If you can avoid it do not wind the watch hard.
- When adjusting the hands of your watch, move them in a clockwise direction only. Counter-clockwise adjustments may damage the movement.
- If you must adjust counter-clockwise make it for small adjustments only (i.e. for minutes, NOT hours).
- Be careful and gentle when adjusting the movement speed (faster or slower). Don't make sharp movements, and don't touch other components in the movement especially the pendulum mechanism.
- Every 2-3 years it is necessary to service and oil vintage watches.
- If the watch is dirty - allow the watch to run down, don't wind it again until you have it serviced by a qualified watch repair expert. Dust will absorb and remove important lubricants and cause the movement pieces to wear down.
- To clean the case, dial and crystal you should use a cloth that does NOT leave fibers as these may get caught up in the movement. Check with your Watch repair expert to get an appropriate cloth.
- Keep your antiques watch away from magnets. Strong magnetic fields may affect the accuracy of your watch since some vintage watches were made with iron based components in the movement.
- Most Cases and Covers are fine components and will not handle abuse well. The watch should not be shaken, beaten, or stressed.
- Antique watches generally experience an error of up to 5-7 minutes a day. Any accuracy of +- 5 minutes is very good.
Buyer must notify me within 24 hrs of sale close as to how and when he or she intends to pay. Winning buyers must fully pay within 7 days of the sale. After 7 days the piece will be relisted and appropriate action taken against the non-paying buyer. I participate in the Non-Paying buyer program. Do not offer if you are not going to pay for your sale.
I prefer PAYPAL but another methods are also accepted with prior approval. Please contact me FIRST BEFORE sending a cheque to get full address.
Zero response and negative response buyers must first email me BEFORE offerding. All I need is a brief courtesy email telling me who you are and how you would intend to pay if you where successful. I reserve the right to cancel any offers on this sale.
100% satisfaction guarantee for all of my watches. If you are in any way unsatisfied with the watch I will fully refund the purchase price anytime within 60 days after the watch has been received. My goal is to exceed my client's expectations throughout the buying experience. I and my team stand behind our products, if for any reason you'll receive your product damaged or in non-functioning condition, please contact us immediately via email BEFORE leaving your response, we'll gladly assist you in any way we can. Your satisfaction is important to me.
To be fair to all buyers, I make it my practice never to end an sale early. I prefer not to use buy it now. I have many repeat customers who want my watches just as much as you do. Buy it now will only be considered for a relisted sale.
Vintage watches are very delicate and I package to the highest degree to prevent damage.
To clarify all my items are Vintage or Antique and as such should Not be expected to be like a New or Quartz watch in any way whatsoever! Please bear in mind that you are buying a used watch and it will require service at some point in time.
If you have any questions after reading the description or viewing the pictures please email me PRIOR to offerding. The watch in pictures is the actual watch that You will receive.
I want you to feel safe and satisfied with the purchase of your item on .
After receiving the returned item, I will make a full refund for your original payment.
International shipments worldwide will sent via International Air Mail fully insured (shipping and handling to all locations in the world is FREE).
Items will be shipped to confirmed address on . Please check with if your address is confirmed.
Please allow 10 to 14 days for delivery to all locations worldwide.
We pack all items well but some antique watches are just not made to travel at today's speed and may need set up and possibly adjustment after shipping and because of that I'm sorry but can not guarantee function or accuracy after shipping.
You know that parcels go to Italy very long. Sometimes approx 2-3 weeks, sometimes near month and more. Be ready for these terms.
California State residents (and those with shipping addresses in California State) add 8,75% sales tax.
Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. Prior to offerding, check your country's customs regulations to determine any additional costs.
For all shipments the value of the item will be declared lower than the sale price for custom duties. Also I will mark item as "gift". The taxes should be minimal.
Dear buyers, we kindly ask you:
Please, do not offer if you are not fully commited to purchase this item!
I and my team honor Contracts and expect the same from my clients!
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!
On Feb-21-13 at 07:40:30 PST, seller added the following information:
Sellers: Get your own map of past buyers. Fast. Simple.
This item has been shown 0 times.
Mens Art Deco Classic 1940's Helvetia - Omega Vintage Silver Rectangular Watch: $405