May 22nd, 2013 National Maritime Day May 22nd, 2013 World Biological Diversity Day May 25th, 2013 African Liberation Day May 26th, 2013 Trinity Sunday May 27th, 2013 Jefferson Davis Birthday May 27th, 2013 Memorial Day May 29th, 2013 International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers May 30th, 2013 Corpus Christi May 31st, 2013 World No Tobacco Day June 1st, 2013 Statehood Day June 3rd, 2013 Jefferson Davis Birthday June 4th, 2013 World Day for Child Victims of Aggression June 5th, 2013 World Environment Day June 6th, 2013 Isra and Mi'raj June 8th, 2013 World Oceans Day June 11th, 2013 Kamehameha Day June 12th, 2013 World Day Against Child Labour June 14th, 2013 World Blood Donor Day June 14th, 2013 Flag Day June 16th, 2013 Father's Day June 17th, 2013 Bunker Hill Day June 17th, 2013 World Day to Combat Desertification June 19th, 2013 Juneteenth June 20th, 2013 World Refugee Day June 20th, 2013 West Virginia Day June 21st, 2013 June Solstice June 23rd, 2013 Public Service Day June 23rd, 2013 International Widows' Day
Mens Art Deco Classic 1940's Helvetia - Omega Vintage Silver Rectangular Watch For Sale
UNIQUE AND RARE EXAMPLE OF TIMEPIECE VERY BEAUTIFUL VINTAGE WATCH CA 1940’s VERY BEAUTIFUL MECHANICAL WORK
I am very pleased to offer for sale an extra fine men’s SILVER curved Rectangular Art DeCo marriage watch, made by the HELVETIA (brand name by OMEGA), a larger size SILVER Tanke model - Curved and Long that dates to ca 1940’s.
A marriage watch is the term used for a new, modern case that has been used to house a vintage pocket watch movement.
BRIEF MAIN INFORMATION
MOVEMENT: ORIGINAL signed by Helvetia. The movement is running superbly and keeping good time, recently serviced.
DIAL: NEW steel enameled dial.
CASE: NEW silver case – Tanke model.
WATCH CRYSTAL: The gently domed ACRYLIC CRYSTAL is in excellent condition.
SHIPPING: Worldwide – FREE.
PAYMENT: PAYPAL within 7 days.
RETURNS: I provide 100% refunds within 60 days from date of sale ending, , no question's asked and without opening the case in Resolution Center and negative or neutral response from your side.
Helvetia was a trade name registered by Omega but, was also a tradename used by the General Watch Company, a company originally started by the Brandt Brothers of Omega in Bienne, Faucon 18, Switzerland. From the many watches found and general history available, it appears that they were in business from at least 1885. The company was still going in the 1950’s when they were supplying movements to Elgin in Mexico and was still listed in the 1970's.
This gorgeous, designed ART DECO men’s watch is a very handsome specimen has a BLACK enameled steel dial. It featuring a 60 minute checkered inner track border, basic SILVER Exploding Arabic numerals, steel Sword-style hands and a sub-seconds dial with 60 second outer chapter and “sweep” steel seconds hand. The dial is signed HELVETIA below the 12.
The case is SILVER and is in great condition, as are the lugs that are solid and secure. The Onion-style winding crown is gently domed and in excellent shape, operating smoothly. The new BLACK dial and the SILVER case have been professionally updated, and now are in excellent condition. Turning the watch over I see that the ENGRAVED back lid is in excellent condition. The ENGRAVED back case lid is stamped HELVETIA - STOSSGESICHERT with WATCH WHEELS.
Peeking inside I discover a clean, manual wind gold plated high-grade mechanism with BI-METALLIC COMPENSATED BALANCE with regulation screws and BALANCE TOP CAP JEWELS.
This is identified - Anti-shock assemblies, and used to protect the upper and lower balance pivots from damage due to external impact on the watch.
The movement is signed HELVETIA – K24.
This beautiful wristwatch has the ORIGINAL movement in an excellent status which was very well saved, considering age of this watch. Mechanism has been recently serviced to ensure it winds and sets smoothly while keeping great, accurate time.
It is fitted on a new 20mm black alligator calf strap with chrome steel buckle that is vintage style and goes great with this wonderful watch.
This beautifully preserved timepiece measures 44mm end to end and 31mm in width (35mm with crown).
This beautiful and fully restored Art DeCo men’s watch winds and sets smoothly while keeping accurate time.
Because of the vintage nature of the watch I cannot guarantee its absolute time keeping accuracy even if they are in good running condition and in some rare occasions may require additional adjustment.
Always an EXTRA FINE watches at a Price!!!
If you like rare, antique, unique and collectible vintage wristwatches or pocket watches (or just enjoy learning about all the different watch makers and models) I suggest you bookmark this page or add me to your "Favorite Sellers" list. I always have beautiful pristine timepieces for sale ending Monday. Now on for 7 Years!
Recommendations for the owner of vintage watches:
- All Antique watches are mechanical. Many repairs will not be cheap, as most likely they will require replacement of non-standard parts (unlike most late model watches).
- Antique watches should not be beaten or dropped - because repairs may be expensive.
- Antique watches are generally NOT waterproof. This is because waterproofing was not in general production until the middle of the 20th century for most watches. Therefore you should protect your antique watch from exposure to moisture.
- If your watch becomes wet it should be dried off quickly. Carefully open all covers and use a hair drier to blow dry the movement, dial, covers, crown. This will reduce the amount of rust.
- If your watch becomes wet with any kind of salt water you should immediately immerse or spray your watch with fresh (no-salt) water to remove all the salt from the works before drying the watch completely. Any salt left in the watch will combine with moisture in the air to rust metal components of the movement, case etc.
- Winding any mechanical watch tight may break the mainspring. If you can avoid it do not wind the watch hard.
- When adjusting the hands of your watch, move them in a clockwise direction only. Counter-clockwise adjustments may damage the movement.
- If you must adjust counter-clockwise make it for small adjustments only (i.e. for minutes, NOT hours).
- Be careful and gentle when adjusting the movement speed (faster or slower). Don't make sharp movements, and don't touch other components in the movement especially the pendulum mechanism.
- Every 2-3 years it is necessary to service and oil vintage watches.
- If the watch is dirty - allow the watch to run down, don't wind it again until you have it serviced by a qualified watch repair expert. Dust will absorb and remove important lubricants and cause the movement pieces to wear down.
- To clean the case, dial and crystal you should use a cloth that does NOT leave fibers as these may get caught up in the movement. Check with your Watch repair expert to get an appropriate cloth.
- Keep your antiques watch away from magnets. Strong magnetic fields may affect the accuracy of your watch since some vintage watches were made with iron based components in the movement.
- Most Cases and Covers are fine components and will not handle abuse well. The watch should not be shaken, beaten, or stressed.
- Antique watches generally experience an error of up to 5-7 minutes a day. Any accuracy of +- 5 minutes is very good.
Buyer must notify me within 24 hrs of sale close as to how and when he or she intends to pay. Winning buyers must fully pay within 7 days of the sale. After 7 days the piece will be relisted and appropriate action taken against the non-paying buyer. I participate in the Non-Paying buyer program. Do not offer if you are not going to pay for your sale.
I prefer PAYPAL but another methods are also accepted with prior approval. Please contact me FIRST BEFORE sending a cheque to get full address.
Zero response and negative response buyers must first email me BEFORE offerding. All I need is a brief courtesy email telling me who you are and how you would intend to pay if you where successful. I reserve the right to cancel any offers on this sale.
100% satisfaction guarantee for all of my watches. If you are in any way unsatisfied with the watch I will fully refund the purchase price anytime within 60 days after the watch has been received. My goal is to exceed my client's expectations throughout the buying experience. I and my team stand behind our products, if for any reason you'll receive your product damaged or in non-functioning condition, please contact us immediately via email BEFORE leaving your response, we'll gladly assist you in any way we can. Your satisfaction is important to me.
To be fair to all buyers, I make it my practice never to end an sale early. I prefer not to use buy it now. I have many repeat customers who want my watches just as much as you do. Buy it now will only be considered for a relisted sale.
Vintage watches are very delicate and I package to the highest degree to prevent damage.
To clarify all my items are Vintage or Antique and as such should Not be expected to be like a New or Quartz watch in any way whatsoever! Please bear in mind that you are buying a used watch and it will require service at some point in time.
If you have any questions after reading the description or viewing the pictures please email me PRIOR to offerding. The watch in pictures is the actual watch that You will receive.
I want you to feel safe and satisfied with the purchase of your item on .
After receiving the returned item, I will make a full refund for your original payment.
International shipments worldwide will sent via International Air Mail fully insured (shipping and handling to all locations in the world is FREE).
Items will be shipped to confirmed address on . Please check with if your address is confirmed.
Please allow 10 to 14 days for delivery to all locations worldwide.
We pack all items well but some antique watches are just not made to travel at today's speed and may need set up and possibly adjustment after shipping and because of that I'm sorry but can not guarantee function or accuracy after shipping.
You know that parcels go to Italy very long. Sometimes approx 2-3 weeks, sometimes near month and more. Be ready for these terms.
California State residents (and those with shipping addresses in California State) add 8,75% sales tax.
Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. Prior to offerding, check your country's customs regulations to determine any additional costs.
For all shipments the value of the item will be declared lower than the sale price for custom duties. Also I will mark item as "gift". The taxes should be minimal.
Dear buyers, we kindly ask you:
Please, do not offer if you are not fully commited to purchase this item!
I and my team honor Contracts and expect the same from my clients!
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!
On Feb-21-13 at 07:40:30 PST, seller added the following information:
Sellers: Get your own map of past buyers. Fast. Simple.
This item has been shown 713 times.
Mens Art Deco Classic 1940's Helvetia - Omega Vintage Silver Rectangular Watch: $405