Mens Collectable 1911 Omega Factory Vintage Handsome Watch Military Style For Sale
BRIEF MAIN INFORMATION
This is a MARRIAGE watch. A marriage watch is the term used for a new, modern case that has been used to house a vintage pocket watch movement. Please read the sizes of this watch in the description.
The authentic signed by Omega movement is 100% ORIGINAL from 1911.
The movement is running superbly and keeping good time, recently serviced.
NEW steel enameled dial (non Omega) was made in 2013.
NEW black enameled chromed steel case that provides with glass cover of back lid (non Omega) was made in 2013.
The gently domed MINERAL GLASSES are in excellent condition.
SHIPPING: Worldwide – FREE.
PAYMENT: PAYPAL within 7 days.
RETURNS: I provide 100% refunds within 60 days from date of sale ending, no questions asked and without opening the case in Resolution Center and negative or neutral response from your side.
UNIQUE AND RARE EXAMPLE OF TIMEPIECE VERY BEAUTIFUL VINTAGE WATCH 1911 VERY BEAUTIFUL MECHANICAL WORK
I am pleased to offer for sale this MILITARY STYLE example of a men’s 1911 “Omega Factory” marriage watch with BLACK enameled STEEL DIAL, BLACK enameled STEEL CASE and CLEAN HIGH GRADE original pocket watch MECHANISM with CHATON of REGULATION SCREWS in RED GOLD, BI-METALLIC MICROMETER REGULATOR & BLUE BREGUET BALANCE SPRING signed by OMEGA, made in Switzerland.
Omega is my favorite Swiss watch firm as well, combining those qualities of name brand recognition, high quality and relative value that are important to the savvy watch collector.
Louis Brandt started researching and developing pocket watches in 1848 in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. The quality of workmanship and attention to detail would foreshadow the watches that would later carry the Omega name. Brandt continued making watches there until 1877, when he formed Louis Brandt & Fils company with his oldest son, Louis Paul. Louis Paul and his brother Caesaer moved the company to Bienne two years later. It remains there to this day.
Innovators in every way, the Brandt brothers were the first swiss watch makers to use the divided assembly line. Allowing quality watches to be mass-produced, this process also allowed the prices of the watches to be moderated as efficiency improved. The company went through several name changes through the years--Louis Brandt & Frere (1891), Louis Brandt and Frere-Omega Watch Co. (1903), Omega, Louis Brandt & Frere (1947), and Omega Ltd in 1982. Through all of this time and through all of the name changes, the pride in quality of workmanship remained in the Omega watch.
While accessible to the general public, the Omega watch has an outstanding history. Omega first mass-produced the pocket watch in 1894. By 1902 Omega introduced the first wrist watch. Omega has been the proud official timer of no less than 21 Olympic Games. Omega watches were designated the official watch of American astronauts and Russian cosmonauts. The Omega watch was the first watch to be worn on the moon. Neil Armstrong made that the case in 1969, and later by all Apollo crews.
This timepiece features an elegant MILITARY STYLE black enameled STEEL dial is in good condition. This dial features a 60 minute outer track border with white enamel five minute Arabic numerals, white enameled main Arabic numbering, steel Breguet-style hands and a recessed sub-seconds dial with 60 second outer chapter and “sweep” steel seconds hand. The new dial has been professionally updated, and now is in excellent condition.
Signed OMEGA in white enameled lettering below the 12 with trademark Omega symbol above this.
It is a registered design model that features a two piece BLACK enamel STEEL case that provides with glass cover of back lid. This watch was converted from pocket watch. BLACK enamel STEEL case, new custom made, fantastic, build specially for this excellent OMEGA movement. The lugs are in great condition while the winding crown is in very good shape and operates properly. The gently domed MINERAL GLASSES are in excellent condition.
Peeking inside via the glass lid I find a clean manual wind and higher-grade gold plated lever escapement movement CHATON of REGULATION SCREWS in RED GOLD, BI-METALLIC MICROMETER REGULATOR & BLUE BREGUET BALANCE SPRING that is signed OMEGA – 3,966,756. This serial number dates this watch to 1911 as per published production numbers.
This beautiful wristwatch has the ORIGINAL movement in an excellent status which was very well saved, considering age of this watch.
It is fitted on a new 24mm black rubber strap with contrasting white stitching and chromed steel buckle that has a great military look to it.
Diameter (with mm Diameter (without crown): 50.00 mm Watch crystal 43.00 15.00 mm
This rare watch winds and set smoothly while keeping very good, accurate time.
Because of the vintage nature of the watch I cannot guarantee its absolute time keeping accuracy even if they are in good running condition and in some rare occasions may require additional adjustment.
Always an EXTRA FINE watches at a Price!!!
If you like rare, antique, unique and collectible vintage wristwatches or pocket watches (or just enjoy learning about all the different watch makers and models) I suggest you bookmark this page or add me to your "Favorite Sellers" list. I always have beautiful pristine timepieces for sale ending Monday. Now on for 7 Years!
Recommendations for the owner of vintage watches:
- All Antique watches are mechanical. Many repairs will not be cheap, as most likely they will require replacement of non-standard parts (unlike most late model watches).
- Antique watches should not be beaten or dropped - because repairs may be expensive.
- Antique watches are generally NOT waterproof. This is because waterproofing was not in general production until the middle of the 20th century for most watches. Therefore you should protect your antique watch from exposure to moisture.
- If your watch becomes wet it should be dried off quickly. Carefully open all covers and use a hair drier to blow dry the movement, dial, covers, crown. This will reduce the amount of rust.
- If your watch becomes wet with any kind of salt water you should immediately immerse or spray your watch with fresh (no-salt) water to remove all the salt from the works before drying the watch completely. Any salt left in the watch will combine with moisture in the air to rust metal components of the movement, case etc.
- Winding any mechanical watch tight may break the mainspring. If you can avoid it do not wind the watch hard.
- When adjusting the hands of your watch, move them in a clockwise direction only. Counter-clockwise adjustments may damage the movement.
- If you must adjust counter-clockwise make it for small adjustments only (i.e. for minutes, NOT hours).
- Be careful and gentle when adjusting the movement speed (faster or slower). Don't make sharp movements, and don't touch other components in the movement especially the pendulum mechanism.
- Every 2-3 years it is necessary to service and oil vintage watches.
- If the watch is dirty - allow the watch to run down, don't wind it again until you have it serviced by a qualified watch repair expert. Dust will absorb and remove important lubricants and cause the movement pieces to wear down.
- To clean the case, dial and crystal you should use a cloth that does NOT leave fibers as these may get caught up in the movement. Check with your Watch repair expert to get an appropriate cloth.
- Keep your antiques watch away from magnets. Strong magnetic fields may affect the accuracy of your watch since some vintage watches were made with iron based components in the movement.
- Most Cases and Covers are fine components and will not handle abuse well. The watch should not be shaken, beaten, or stressed.
- Antique watches generally experience an error of up to 5-7 minutes a day. Any accuracy of +- 5 minutes is very good.
Buyer must notify me within 24 hrs of sale close as to how and when he or she intends to pay. Winning buyers must fully pay within 7 days of the sale. After 7 days the piece will be relisted and appropriate action taken against the non-paying buyer. I participate in the Non-Paying buyer program. Do not offer if you are not going to pay for your sale.
I prefer PAYPAL but another methods are also accepted with prior approval. Please contact me FIRST BEFORE sending a cheque to get full address.
Zero response and negative response buyers must first email me BEFORE offerding. All I need is a brief courtesy email telling me who you are and how you would intend to pay if you where successful. I reserve the right to cancel any offers on this sale.
100% satisfaction guarantee for all of my watches. If you are in any way unsatisfied with the watch I will fully refund the purchase price anytime within 60 days after the watch has been received. My goal is to exceed my client's expectations throughout the buying experience. I and my team stand behind our products, if for any reason you'll receive your product damaged or in non-functioning condition, please contact us immediately via email BEFORE leaving your response, we'll gladly assist you in any way we can. Your satisfaction is important to me.
To be fair to all buyers, I make it my practice never to end an sale early. I prefer not to use buy it now. I have many repeat customers who want my watches just as much as you do. Buy it now will only be considered for a relisted sale.
Vintage watches are very delicate and I package to the highest degree to prevent damage.
To clarify all my items are Vintage or Antique and as such should Not be expected to be like a New or Quartz watch in any way whatsoever! Please bear in mind that you are buying a used watch and it will require service at some point in time.
If you have any questions after reading the description or viewing the pictures please email me PRIOR to offerding. The watch in pictures is the actual watch that You will receive.
I want you to feel safe and satisfied with the purchase of your item on .
After receiving the returned item, I will make a full refund for your original payment.
International shipments worldwide will sent via International Air Mail fully insured (shipping and handling to all locations in the world is FREE).
Items will be shipped to confirmed address on . Please check with if your address is confirmed.
Please allow 10 to 14 days for delivery to all locations worldwide.
We pack all items well but some antique watches are just not made to travel at today's speed and may need set up and possibly adjustment after shipping and because of that I'm sorry but can not guarantee function or accuracy after shipping.
You know that parcels go to Italy very long. Sometimes approx 2-3 weeks, sometimes near month and more. Be ready for these terms.
California State residents (and those with shipping addresses in California State) add 8,75% sales tax.
Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. Prior to offerding, check your country's customs regulations to determine any additional costs.
For all shipments the value of the item will be declared lower than the sale price for custom duties. Also I will mark item as "gift". The taxes should be minimal.
Dear buyers, we kindly ask you:
Please, do not offer if you are not fully commited to purchase this item!
I and my team honor Contracts and expect the same from my clients!
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!
On Jun-16-13 at 09:06:23 PDT, seller added the following information:
Sellers: Get your own map of past buyers. Fast. Simple.
This item has been shown 721 times.
Mens Collectable 1911 Omega Factory Vintage Handsome Watch Military Style: $620