Midi Processing Unit - Vintage
This item has been shown 0 times.
Midi Processing Unit - Vintage:
Closet- Cleaning- Vintage interface- not many out there- more for collectors' I am liquidating with my collection- ( No box) MIDI manual included...
Released around 1984, the original MPU-401 was an external breakout box providing MIDI IN/MIDI OUT/MIDI THRU/TAPE IN/TAPE OUT/MIDI SYNC connectors, for use with a separately-sold interface card/cartridge ("MPU-401 interface kit") inserted into a computer system. For this setup, the following "interface kits" were made:
- MIF-APL: For theApple II.
- MIF-C64: For theCommodore 64.
- MIF-FM7: For theFujitsu FM7.
- MIF-IPC: For theIBM PC/IBM XT. It turned out not to work reliably with 286 and faster processors.
- MIF-IPC-A: For theIBM AT, works with PC and XT as well.
- MIF-MSX: For theMSX.
- MIF-PC8: For theNEC PC-88.
- MIF-PC98: For theNEC PC-98.
- MIF-X1: For theSharp X1.
The MPU-401N is an external interface, specifically designed for use with theNEC PC-98series notebook computers. This breakout-box unit features a special COMPUTER IN port for direct connection to the computer's 110-pin expansion bus. METRONOME OUT connector was added. Released in Japan only.\
Worked last time I used it (1990) but has been on a shelf since then (new MIDI stuff)- buyer pays shipping
Own a piece of MIDI history-