Mr. Smith Goes To Prison What My Year Behind Bars Taught Me About America's P...
This item has been shown 6 times.
Mr. Smith Goes To Prison What My Year Behind Bars Taught Me About America's P...:
Mr. Smith Goes to Prison: What My Year Behind Bars Taught Me About America's Prison Crisis
- Mr Smith Goes to Prison What My Year Behind Bars Taught Me about America s Prison Crisis
- We offer FREE shipping on all orders!
- We ship within One business day of payment, usually Same day if paid before 5P.M. EST.
- We use a selection of shipping services such as UPS, FedEx, USPS etc.
- We only ship to the lower 48 states, no APO/FPO addresses or PO Boxes allowed.
- Local pickups and combined shipping options are not provided at this time.
- You can return a product for up to 30 days from the date you purchased it.
- Any product you return must be in the same condition you received it and in the original packaging. Please keep the receipt.
The fall from politico to prisoner isn’t necessarily long, but the landing, as Missouri State Senator Jeff Smith learned, is a hard one.
In 2009, Smith pleaded guilty to a seemingly minor charge of campaign malfeasance and earned himself a year and one day in Kentucky’s FCI Manchester. Mr. Smith Goes to Prison is the fish-out-of-water story of his time in the big house; of the people he met there and the things he learned: how to escape the attentions of fellow inmate Cornbread and his friends in the Aryan Brotherhood; what constitutes a prison car and who’s allowed to ride in yours; how to bend and break the rules, whether you’re a prisoner or an officer. And throughout his sentence, the young Senator tracked the greatest crime of all: the deliberate waste of untapped human potential.
Smith saw the power of millions of inmates harnessed as a source of renewable energy for America’s prison-industrial complex, a system that aims to build better criminals instead of better citizens. In Mr. Smith Goes to Prison, he traces the cracks in America’s prison walls, exposing the shortcomings of a racially-based cycle of poverty and crime that sets inmates up to fail. Speaking from inside experience, he offers practical solutions to jailbreak the nation from the financially crushing grip of its own prisons and to jumpstart the rehabilitation of the millions living behind bars.Shipping
We accept payment by any of the following methods:
Please pay as soon as possible after winning an sale, as that will allow us to post your item to you sooner!
Customer satisfaction is very important to us.
If you have any problem with your order, please contact us and we will do our best to make you satisfied.
If you have any queries, please contact us via . We usually respond within 24 hours on weekdays.
Please visit our store to check out other items for sale!
Thank you for shopping at our store.