New Rc Ferrari Hydroplane Wooden Vintage Boat Model 34"
This item has been shown times.
New Rc Ferrari Hydroplane Wooden Vintage Boat Model 34":
RC Ferrari Arno XI Hydroplane Wood Speed Boat Model 33.5" RC Arno XI Ferrari Hydroplane Wooden Speed Boat Model 33.5"
This high quality, highly detailed, modern style, power boat model is Brand New, fully assembled (not a kit) except for setting up for RC by installing your own engine or motor, receiver, servo and other necessary equipment.
The Ferrari Hydroplane model is handcrafted from beautiful wood such as mahogany and western red cedar. The hull is constructed using a plank on frame method, each strip of exotic wood are carefully joined together to form a smooth hull. Then the hull is sealed inside and outside with clear fiberglass to completely waterproof it. This model is completely hand built to spec by skillful and creative master craftsmen.
On the Ferrari Hydroplane, you will find a variety of beautiful handcrafted metal parts such as: metal gauges, metal steering wheel, metal foot pedals and much more all made of solid brass. Including gorgeous chrome exhaust pipes and detailed stitched leather seats. A wooden stand comes standard with this model.
Included is the necessary parts for the propeller shaft and rudder all made of brass.
The 1953 Ferrari Hydroplane was built for Achille Castoldi (a wealthy boat privateer) by Cantieri Timossi a hydroplane builder on Lake Como, near Milan. The engine supplied by Ferrari was a type 375 V12 Grand Prix engine developing 385 BHP. In January 1953 Castoldi drove the Hydroplane dubbed "Arno XI" to an unofficial top speed of over 124 MPH.
Attempting to break the speed record set by his rival Mario Verga, Castoldi installed a new engine with twin superchargers. Burning methanol this new Ferrari engine produced close to 600 BHP. In October 1953 Castoldi set a new 800 kg speed record with an average flying kilometer 2-way speed of over 150 MPH!
The Arno XI speed boat has since been restored in the 1990s, and was recently photographed flying across the water in September 2004.
The model was built according to scale through original plans, pictures and drawings. We absolutely use no plastic parts only the highest quality wood and metal parts.
This model is carefully packed with two thick layers of Styrofoam for a damaged free shipping purpose. This model measures 33.5" long from bow to stern.
It's a fabulous model that is sure to be a conversation piece and to impress both on the water and off, in your room or office.
- 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method
- Included with this expert level power boat model is a solid wood base
- Size: 33.5" overall length x 10" height x 14" width
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this model speed boat
- Completed model contains thousands of details created by skillful master craftsmen
- Made of finest wood like Mahogany and Western Red Cedar
- Chromed brass fittings and ornaments constitute the excellence of this model
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop
Please buy with confidence-100% money-back guarantee
Please take a look in capt.jimscar-go for more Museum Quality Ship Models, XL Teak Ships Wheels, Nautical Telescopes, Mark V Divers Helmets and more...
(close the new window to return to this item)!
- We accept PayPal (which
includes Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and e-checks). Payment is expected within 7 days
after sale closes. After that the item will be re listed.
- We also accept credit cards Mastercard,
Visa, Discover® & American Express®.
Buyers please pay with PayPal.
- Massachusetts residents will be charged a 6.25% sales tax.
- Free shipping only within the continental 48 U.S. States
- Item will be shipped within 4 business days of payment received confirmation via Fedex GROUND (approx. 2-5 business days within 48 states).
- A tracking number will be provided after the item has shipped out.
- All shipments are FULLY INSURED.
- Shipping is available to anywhere in the WORLD via Ocean Freight or Air Freight, please contact me for an exact quote.
- If shipping is to be to Alaska, Puerto Rico or Hawaii, or any other part of the world, please contact me for the exact shipping.
- International buyers are responsible for all customs & import fees, please contact your local post office for rates.
Packing: Models are securely packed with foam sheets, peanuts or bubble wraps. Most of the items are shipped double boxes. All tall ships expert level are fully assembled and packed in an extremely secure wooden crate which is boxed and sometimes double box.
- 100% money-back guarantee if not satisfied.
- For damaged or defective items: Report any damage or defectiveness within 7 days of shipment arrival. The item will be replaced or a refund will be issued for the full cost of the item when replacement is unavailable. To get a replacement, please simply return the model (It's the buyers responsibility to return the shipment within 7 days after notifying me) please contact me to get a return authorization. For other reasons, restocking fees applied.
- This item was in stock at the time of listing. If this item should run out of stock you will be given the option of a full refund or use the messages system (Ask a Question, Contact Member) to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. This will assure that your message will be received.