Nautical Riding The Waves Sailboat Tetter Totter Tin Balance Toy Authentic Model For Sale
Riding The Waves Sailboat Sky Hook Tin Toy
Nautical Riding The Waves Sailboat Tetter Totter Toy 21"
This nautical Riding The Waves balance toy is 21.75" tall x 13" long and is brand new. The manufacturer is Authentic Models (please see below).
The Riding The Waves balance toy is hand painted and has an anitqued rich aged patina finish. This tetter totter toy is handmade of recycled hand cut heavy sheet iron metal. The counterweight is made of two halves which are molded on bronze cast molds then welded together.
Send the sailor on his voyage by lifting and releasing the counter weight, he will then be rocking back & forth through the wind and waves. This sky hook toy is gift boxed.
This nautical design is copyrighted and completely unique by Authentic Models. It is an authentic functioning skyhook replica of an 18th & early 19th century classic nautical accessory. Comes complete with a desktop stand.
- Size: 13" length x 4.3" width x 21.75'' height
- Material: Hand cut heavy tin metal
- Finish: Antiqued distressed finsh
- Construction: Handmade & hand painted
- Desktop stand is included
- Gift boxed
A helmsman is a person who steers a ship, sailboat, submarine, or other type of maritime vessel. In the merchant marine, the person at the helm is usually an able seaman, particularly during ship arrivals, departures, and while maneuvering in restricted waters or other conditions requiring precise steering. An ordinary seaman is commonly restricted to steering in open waters. Moreover, military ships may have a seaman or quartermaster at the wheel.
A professional helmsman maintains a steady course, properly executes all rudder orders, and communicates to the officer on the bridge utilizing navigational terms relating to ship's heading and steering. A helmsman relies upon visual references, a magnetic and gyrocompass, and a rudder angle indicator to steer a steady course. The mate or other officer on the bridge directs the helmsman aboard merchant or navy ships.
Clear and exact communication between the helmsman and officer on the bridge is essential to safe navigation and ship handling. Subsequently, a set of standard steering commands, responses by the helmsman, and acknowledgement by the conning officer are widely recognized in the maritime industry. The helmsman repeats any verbal commands in order to demonstrate that the command is heard and understood. The International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers(STCW) requires that helmsman must be able to understand and respond to helm orders in English. The article "Helmsman" is part of the Wikipedia encyclopedia. Models Inc was created more than 40 years ago in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Authentic Model's expertise and interests go back many centuries. AM's collection of nautical ship models, furniture, artifacts and accessories is inspired by the age of exploration, maritime history, cartography and more…Learn more about Authentic Models IncMore Teeter Totter Balance Toys & Other Nautical Gifts Are Available.
Please buy with confidence-100% money-back guarantee
Please browse CaptJimsCar-go for more Nautical Home Decor, Nautical Etched Furniture, Museum Quality Ship Models, Old World Style Globe Bars and Low Priced Nautical Gifts!
(close the new window to return to this item)!
- We accept PayPal (which includes Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and e-checks). Payment is expected within 7 days after sale closes. After that the item will be re listed.
- With ProPay we also accept credit cards Mastercard, Visa, Discover® & American Express®.
- International Buyers please pay with PayPal.
- Massachusetts residents will be charged a 6.25% sales tax.
- PayPal-'s service to make fast, easy, and secure payments for your purchases!
- Free shipping only within the continental 48 U.S. States.
- Item will be shipped within 3 business days of payment received confirmation via UPS GROUND (approx. 2-5 business days within 48 states). A tracking number will be provided after the item has shipped out . All shipments are FULLY INSURED.
- If shipping is to be to Alaska or Hawaii, or any other part of the world, please contact me for the exact shipping.
- International buyers are responsible for all customs & import fees.
Packing: Models & furniture are securely packed with foam sheets, peanuts or bubble wraps. Most of the items are shipped double money-back guarantee if not satisfied.
- For damaged or defective items: Report any damage or defectiveness within 14 days of shipment arrival. The item will be replaced or a refund will be issued for the full cost of the item when replacement is unavailable. To get a replacement, please simply return the item (It's the buyers responsibility to return the shipment within 14 days after notifying me). For other reasons please contact me to get a return authorization, restocking fees applied.
- This item was in stock at the time of listing. If this item should run out of stock you will be given the option of a full refund or backorder. use the messages system (Ask a Question, Contact Member) to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. This will assure that your message will be received.
This item has been shown times.