Navajo Old Coin Silver (.720) & Genuine White Buffalo Turquoise Concho, Signed
This item has been shown 14 times.
Navajo Old Coin Silver (.720) & Genuine White Buffalo Turquoise Concho, Signed:
Howdy from beautiful Texas,
Summeris in the air.Out with thecoldand in with somethinghot!If you are thinking about adding new clothes, shoes, jackets or handbags to your wardrobe, why not also think about adding some accessories, like jewelry, as well,to complimentyour beautiful new outfits.Please take a look at our listings and you might findthe special accessory for you amazing new wardrobe!
Please READ everything thoroughly BEFORE you offer.
With your offer, you will agree that you have read everything about this item.
("User Agreement/ -Rules 2/23/2019, 7. Point Paragraph 1 &2")!
This beautiful Navajo Jewelry OLD COINSilver (.720) -on the side settings- & pendant- &
Genuinepolished WHITE BUFFALOTurquoise ConchoNecklace is:
28" long, NOT including the pendant. The side settings measure 1" wide and 1" long.
The pendant is a little bigger. It measures 2" long and 1" wide.
It is strung on 5 mm Nickel Silver Beads and has cord around the neck part of the necklace
instead of a clasp.
It is stamped "J B" (for Joseph Begay) on the inside of the pendant.
The stamped "Nickel Silver" on the pendant refers to the Nickel Silver beads of the Necklace,
NOT the pendant & settings themselves!
The pendant & the settings OLD COIN Silver (.720).
The Necklace is handcrafted!
The Necklace weights over 140 grams!
Sacred White Buffalo Turquoise Mine
Sacred White Buffalo is often referred to as White Buffalo with its very distinctive white background with black matrix. Sacred White Buffalo Turquoise was discovered in the Dry Creek Mine on the Shoshone Indian Reservation near Battle Mountain. Nevada in 1993, and started to appear in Jewelry by 1996.
Turquoise gets its color from the heavy metals in the ground where it forms. Blue Turquoise forms where there is copper present, which is the case with most Arizona Turquoise. Green Turquoise forms where iron is present, the cas with most Nevada Turquoise.
Sacred Buffalo Turquoise forms where there are no heavy metals present. The lack of any specific color consistency makes this stone distinctive and unique from other turquoises.
Sacred Buffalo Turquoise is an unique Turquoise from the Dry Creek Mine and therefore is rare. The Shoshone Indians sell or trade the Sacred Buffalo Turquoise to the Navajos in Arizona and New Mexico who then work it into jewelry.
Discounts on Merchandise or Buy It Now Pricing -We do not offer discounts on our items nor will we end a sale early and place a "Buy It Now" price on a item. Not fair to our regular customers.
Combined Shipping is offered to customersto save money is offered if you purchase multiple items...if you would like to do combined shipping...please email usBEFOREyou pay and we will note you are still offerding on additional sales.
International Sales-We DO NOT ship internationally anymore!!!!
We would appreciate if you could leave us positive response and rating.
Have fun offerding and Good Luck!
Thank you for shopping with us!
Item Details:Genuine polished WHITE BUFFALO Turquoise, Nickel Silver, Cord & Genuine OLD COIN (.720) Silver, Signed
- Sterling Silver:.925 silver
- Nickel Silver:This used to be named German silver, and silversmiths haveused it for the last century for making jewelry. It contains no actual silver and many buyers prefer it over sterling because it does not tarnish and has a shinier look.
- Genuine Turquoise:Real turquoise stone, although it may be stabilized to protect it.
- Block Turquoise:Again, this has been used by artisans for decades. It is created in a laboratory and sold to silversmiths by jewelry supply stores in large blocks, hence, the name, block turquoise. Other stones that are made in blocks will described as such.
- Pawn Jewelry:Jewelry that has been pawned by the owner to a pawn shop, usually in New Mexico. OLD Pawn is jewelry that is vintage or older and was pawned, then acquired by someone else from the pawn
- OLD COIN (.720) Silver: .720 Silver is the same quality used in production of vintage/old coins (but not -old - as in age). This silver consists of 72% pure silver.
© copyright 2019 - 2022 (the whole listing incl pictures)