Old Victorian Photo Album Antique Velvet+brass Cdv+ Tintypes Full Civil War Era+ For Sale
Old Victorian Photo Album Antique Velvet+Brass CDV+ Tintypes Full Civil War Era+
Lovely antique photo album filled with CDVs and tintypes.
Circa ~1860 - 1890.
Description: Wine red velvet over padded boards. Decorative brass filigree over corners of front cover. Brass studs on back cover. Working brass clasp. All edges gilt. Watered silk patterned end papers. Decorated title page with lettering in gilt.Index to Portraits*. Decorative borders to album pages.
Containscabinet cards, CDV photographs and tintypes. Also some George Washington related CDV's and a small chromo of an apple.
Album Size: 91/4 x 11 x 3".
Condition: The velvet is quite threadbare and has some small tears and fraying to edges. The brass shows some tarnish and scratches but is generally in good shape. Inside: Album pages show scattered smudges and stains. Rippling or wrinkling to some of the pages. A few small tears around portraits. Fair.
*The Index is not filled in. Provenance: acquired at an sale in Corry, PA. Handwritten at front: "Unknown on McFarland side - except on last three pages - George + Lurilla Dewey."
Here is a list of items with a brief description:
- Cabinet card of elderly couple. Man has fullbeard and long hair. Photo by Polder, Corry, PA
- Cabinet card of young girl and baby by Stillman, Jamestown, NY. Written on back: Rita Adele Wing 5 yrs. Hubert Bryan Wing 8 months.
- Cabinet card portrait of middle-aged woman by Bairstow, Warren, PA.
- Cabinet card portrait of young man by Bairstow, Warren, PA.
- Cabinet card family group by J. M. Brainerd, Rome, N. Y.
- Cabinet card family group: mother + 3children, unmarked.
- CDV portrait of bearded older man by Smith & Mitchell of Wellsville, N. Y. Orange Civil War Revenue stamp onback.
- Small tintype in paper frame of bonneted woman and young girl.
- Tintypeof man with mustache andgoatee.
- CDV ofwoman in ruffled blouse byJ. Thurlow, Peotia, Ill. Handwritten: To my Bro. James with Love.
- CDV small oval portrait of young woman by W. A. Bairstow, Parker City, PA.
- CDV portrait of bearded man by Holt & Smith of Warren, PA.
- CDVportrait of woman with ringlets, marked "NPA" on back.
- CDV of baby girl with hair parted in middle by Thurlow & Smith of Peoria,Ill. Message on back: I thought I had sent this toyou a long time ago rill Vill got your letter so you must excuse me. Love to you and wife Mate.
- CDV of young woman with short cape, holding lily by Wm. E. Minard of Marathon, N. Y.
- CDV portrait of young woman with curly bangs by Bairstow of Warren. Message on back: From Molly E. Laughenburg to Mr. + Mrs. J. A. Witter, Wellsburg, NY.
- CDV in sepia tones of painting of young Martha Washington and bird cage.
- CDV portraitof young bearded man by Will Smith of Warren, PA. Message on back: Jimmy Vansice(?) to a Friend.
- CDV of couple circa 1860's by Holt & Smith, Warren, PA. Written on back: Kate Hoffman,
- Tintype in paper frame with oval of young girl with fancy hairdo."Dear Girtie" written on back.
- Tintype in patriotic Civil War paper frame with eagle and cannons of child (probably a girl but might be a long-haired boy).
- CDV of elderly man with white mutton chops by WillSmith, Warren, PA. Written on back: John Slater Died June 17th 1882 aged 71 years.
- CDV of young beardedman by Will Smith, Warren, PA.
- CDV of standing young man. Unmarked.
- CDV of seated young woman by Mrs. S. L. Stebbins of Corry, PA.
- CDV of teenage girls ingingham dresses by Wm. Kitchen, Warren, PA.
- Tintypeof man with mustache - "Billy".
- Tintype of seated woman with pink tinted bowand a large cross around her neck.
- Tintype of seated young men.
- CDV of middleaged woman by Irving Saunders, Alfred Centre, Belmont, and Friendship, NY.
- CDV of standing young woman by A. J. Stiles of Tidioute, PA. Written on back: Miss Sariah Jane McGaslin.
- Tintype of two men in studio, one wearing Russian hat.
- Tintype of two women; one seated and one standing.
- Tintype of two couples (same man with Russian hat).
- Tintype of young, fair-haired man, tinted cheeks.
- Tintype of five men; two smoking cheroots.
- Tintype of three men.
- Cabinet card of infant marked "Baby" by Hearn, Union City & Waterford, PA.
- Cabinet cardportrait of middle-aged woman by Lasswell, Peoria, Ill. marked Xmas 1885 on back.
- Tall, narrow cabinet card of child in whitedress. Unmarked.
- Cabinet card portrait of middle-aged woman byC. H. Sisson, Arcade, NY.
- Cabinet cardportrait of man by C. H. Sisson, Arcade, NY.
- Cabinet card portrait of man with white collar by W. B. Pearson of Mercer, PA.
- Cabinet card portrait of woman with floral border by J. Rosse, Williamsport, PA.
- Cabinet card of baby by Loucks, Jamestown, NY, marked Retta Adelle Wing.
- CDV of man seated holding a top hat, by J. J. McFadden of Akron, OH. Marked "Sam" next to picture (looks a little like UncleSam).
- Tintype of seated young man with tinted rosy cheeks.
- Tintype of two young couples.
- Tintype of seated young man with light goatee.
- Tintype of seated fair-haired, clean-shaven young man.
- Tintype of standing woman.
- Tintype of twowomen holding hands, tinted cheeks.
- Tintype of seated young woman. Very pretty - dark hair and tintedcheeks, in paper frame.
- Tintype: seated large man wearing bowler hat, holding pointer or whip. Two men standing (one's face is scratched out).Possibly circus related.
- Tintype of man and girl instudio row boat.
- Tintype portrait of teenage boy withtinted cheeks and pale eyes (possible post-mortem) in paper frame.
- Tintype portrait of teenage girl with pale eyes (sister of above?) in paper frame.
- Chromolithograph of apple - CDV size.
- CDV of two teenage girls standing in whitedresses with hats byWm. Kitchen, Warren, PA.
- CDV of man in clerical collar by Wasson & Sweney, Wellsville, NY.
- CDV of young woam with long braids by J. West of Wellsville and Bradford, PA.
- Tintype portrait of old woman.
- Tintype of toddler in dark suit with large white lace collar.
- Tintype of small boy in suit dress.
- CDV of painting of George Washington labeled "Washington and Family." Written on back: S. J. Witten, J. A. Witten.
- Small square CDVof teenage boy.
- CDV of standing young woman. No studio.
- Tiny tintype portrait of woman in paper mat with oval cut-out.
- Tintype portrait of young woman with pink tinted cheeks, in paper frame with oval. Marked on back: "Cousin Alice Briggs".
- CDV of seated young woman, labeled "McCrary's Enameled Cards."
- Tintype of couple with 3 small children.
- Tintype of young man in oval, patriotic paper frame. Stamped on back: "From the Excelsior Gallery Opposite Simmon's Regulators, Where you can get the Cheapest and Best Pictures from the Photograph to the Common Gem.
- "Tintpye of young woman in checked dress, with tinted cheeks - in paper frame.
- Tintype of young girl with tinted cheeks, in paper frame.
- Tintype portrait of young man in checked shirt with tinted cheeks - in patriotic paper frame.
- Cabinet card of baby in gingham dress with locket. Studio not named.
- Cabinet card of fair-haired little boy in knee breeches and ruffled white blouse. Studio not named.
- Cabinet card of baby in white dress by Thibault, Burlington, VT.
- Cabinet card of young man by Loquist, Peoria, Ill. Marked "George Dewey - Married Lurilla, sister of Sam McFarland.
- Cabinet card of young woman wearing black lace mantilla by Loquist, Peoria, Ill. Marked "Sam McFarland's sister Lurilla".
- Cabinet card of girl and baby in white dresses by Sweney of Wellsville, NY.
Some of the tintypes have creases and scratches. Some of the cabinet cards and CDV's have small smudges or stains.
Good condition overall.
A beautiful old album with wonderful antique photographs!
Please pay within 5 days of sale close. Thank you! All items will be packed with care and shipped by the next business day(weather permitting). International customers: Please be aware that Customs may delay the receipt of your package. Also, for languages other than English, please use translation software in your communication. I will always ship packages at the cheapest rates available unless otherwise specified. Your business is very important to me. If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return for a full refund. Please feel free to contact me with your questions or concerns.
This item has been shown 0 times.