Old Vintage 1906 President Theodore Teddy Roosevelt John Muir Yosemite Photo
This item has been shown 0 times.
Old Vintage 1906 President Theodore Teddy Roosevelt John Muir Yosemite Photo:
New 5"x7" Reprint of a circa 1906 photo featuring President Teddy Roosevelt and Scottish-American naturalist and author John Muir posing in Yosemite National Park. Old Vintage 1906 President Theodore Teddy Roosevelt John Muir Yosemite Photo Old Vintage 1906 President Theodore Teddy Roosevelt John Muir Yosemite Photo
Click images to enlargeDescription
Old Vintage 1906 President Theodore Teddy Roosevelt John Muir Yosemite PhotoItem Details:
- You will receive a 5"x7" color photo reprint
- Please note, there is no guarantee to the historical accuracy of the colorization; the colorization is for those who want a true historical photo but desire a modernized version. If you want the non-colorized version, I have it available in my store.
- This photo will be shipped first class USPS, and a tracking number provided
- This is a circa 1906 photo of President Teddy Roosevelt with Scottish-American conservationist and author John Muir posing in Yosemite National Park
- Theodore "T.R." Roosevelt, Jr. (October 27, 1858 – January 6, 1919) was an American politician, author, naturalist, soldier, explorer, and historian who served as the 26th President of the United States
- He was a leader of the Republican Party (GOP) and founder of the Progressive Party insurgency of 1912
- He is known for his exuberant personality, range of interests and achievements, and his leadership of the Progressive Movement, as well as his "cowboy" persona and robust masculinity
- Born into a wealthy family in New York City, Roosevelt was a sickly child who suffered from asthma
- To overcome his physical weakness, he embraced a strenuous life
- He was home-schooled and became an eager student of nature
- He attended Harvard College where he studied biology, boxed, and developed an interest in naval affairs
- He quickly entered politics, determined to become a member of the ruling class
- In 1881 he was elected to the New York State Assembly, where he became a leader of the reform faction of the GOP
- His book The Naval War of 1812 (1882) established him as a learned historian and writer
- Roosevelt became President after McKinley was assassinated in 1901
- He was inaugurated at age 42, the youngest person to become president
- He attempted to move the GOP toward Progressivism, including trust busting and increased regulation of businesses
- In November 1904 he was reelected in a landslide against conservative Democrat Alton Brooks Parker
- Roosevelt called his domestic policies a "Square Deal", promising a fair deal to the average citizen while breaking up monopolistic corporations, holding down railroad rates, and guaranteeing pure food and drugs
- He was the first president to speak out on conservation, and he greatly expanded the system of national parks and national forests
- By 1907 he propounded more radical reforms, which were blocked by the conservative Republicans in Congress
- His foreign policy focused on the Caribbean, where he built the Panama Canal and guarded its approaches
- There were no wars, but his slogan, "Speak softly and carry a big stick" was underscored by sending the greatly expanded Navy—the Great White Fleet—on a world tour
- He negotiated an end to the Russo-Japanese War, for which he won the 1906 Nobel Peace Prize
- John Muir (April 21, 1838 – December 24, 1914) was a Scottish-American naturalist, author, Environmental philosopher and early advocate of preservation of wilderness in the United States
- His letters, essays, and books telling of his adventures in nature, especially in the Sierra Nevada of California, have been read by millions
- His activism helped to preserve the Yosemite Valley, Sequoia National Park and other wilderness areas
- The Sierra Club, which he founded, is a prominent American conservation organization
- The 211-mile (340 km) John Muir Trail, a hiking trail in the Sierra Nevada, was named in his honor
- Other such places include Muir Woods National Monument, Muir Beach, John Muir College, Mount Muir, Camp Muir and Muir Glacier
- In Scotland, the John Muir Way, a 130 mile long distance route, was named in honor of him
- In his later life, Muir devoted most of his time to the preservation of the Western forests
- He petitioned the U.S. Congress for the National Park bill that was passed in 1890, establishing Yosemite National Park
- The spiritual quality and enthusiasm toward nature expressed in his writings inspired readers, including presidents and congressmen, to take action to help preserve large nature areas
- He is today referred to as the "Father of the National Parks"and the National Park Service has produced a short documentary about his life
Quality of Photo:
- Not printed on some cheap ink jet printer that will have horrible image quality like some other sellers
- All black and white photos will be printed with ink on paper that can last up to 200 years
- All color photos will be printed with ink on paper that will last up to over 100 years
- I will combine shipping if you purchase more than one photo. Buy them and I will send you a revised invoice
- I will mail within 24 hours of payment
- Your photos will be be packed with the utmost care to ensure they arrive to you in the best condition possible
I am not in this for a "fast buck." I genuinely love history and I love the photographs I sell, every single one of them.
I realized a long time ago, I'm not just selling "photos."
I'm selling joy, happiness, sadness, misery, nostalgia, admiration, appreciation, interest, love, hate, and every other human emotion that are depicted in these photos or the emotions they invoke in you and/or the people who look at them.
Most photos depict more than one or will invoke more than one of the above emotions in you and the viewers of your photo.
You want to be treated courteously and respectfully. You want your item in the best possible condition in the fastest time possible. You want a responsive seller when you have needs who can take care of you before and after a sale (someone who doesn't just "disappear" on you after you already gave them your money)
As a seller, I give my oath to you, that I will do my best to fulfill all of the above.
It may sound cliche, and cheesy but I genuinely appreciate you and everyone who spends their hard earned money with me.
It does not matter whether you spend $1 or $1 million dollars with me, you will be treated and cared for to the fullest extent of my ability.
This is my promise to you.
Because I will do all I can to help you, please let me know if there is anything wrong, before you leave negative response.Pictures sell!
Auctiva Offers Free Image Hosting and Editing.250+ Listing Templates!
Auctiva gets you noticed!
The complete Selling Solution.
Track Page Views With
Auctiva's FREE Counter