Outstanding Champleve Enamel & Gilded Bronze 8 Day Striking Mantle Clock. For Sale
Outstanding Champleve Enamel & Gilded Bronze 8 Day Striking Mantle Clock.
- Outstanding Champleve Enamel& Gilded Bronze bracket/mantleclock dating around 1880.
- Direct from a private estate & completly fresh to the market.
- Elegantshape & form withchampleve top surmounted by a tall finial with four shorter matchingcorner finials.
- Persianinfluence is very prominent with the shaped finials & flowing champleve detailing.
- Superiorqualityclock direct from a goodlocal house clearance in excellent condition& completlyperfect working order.
- The champleve enamel is perfect with no losses or damage at all, the gilded bronze finish as you can see from the detailed pictures isoriginal &excellentwith onlynormal age relatedsigns of any wear, the numerals have natural age related fading/rubbing but are still easily read.
- Twin trainmovement winds smoothly& keeps excellent time.
- Movement& pendulum bear the matching serial number84,& movement bears the makers mark for Richard Et Cie of Paris.
- Runs for 8 days & strikes the hours & half hours on a fine sounding bell.
- The stunning gildedbronze case has not been cleaned & retains it's natural &amazingpatina built up over many years.
- Stunningclock of considerable quality& stature & perfect size & proportions.
- The back door looks to have a replacement glass, it hinges open to about 45 degrees & i think it has been like this from manufacture giving slightly limited access to the movement, obviously winds & sets from the front so no need for rear access as such.
- Shipping costs are high due to the heavy weight of the clock, if going abroad it will be sent fully tracked& insured via Fed Ex Express only, i allways use Fed Ex for clocks of this size& quality due to the speed& safety of there excellent service & i will not use Royal Mail for this item.
- Size:11 1/4inches (28.6cm)high,6 1/8inches (15.6cm) wide by5 1/4inches (13.3cm) deep, dial including bezelis3 1/8 inches (7.9cm).
- One ofthe bestclocks i have ever listed on e bay!
Buyer to pay all postage costs item will be posted upon the clearance of any payment. Contact via email must be received within 3 days from the end of the sale and payment within 5 days.I ship world wide but please email for additional postage costs if offerding from abroad.
Domesting handling time.
Item will be shipped within 3 days of payment being recieved.
Cheques will take 5 working days to clear & should be made payable to K&B.
I sell genuine high quality antiques. Mostly aquired from local house clearances, specialising mainly in clocks, watches, architectural antiques & decorative arts.
This item has been shown 0 times.