May 18th, 2013 Armed Forces Day May 19th, 2013 Pentecost May 20th, 2013 Whit Monday May 21st, 2013 World Day for Cultural Diversity May 22nd, 2013 National Maritime Day May 22nd, 2013 World Biological Diversity Day May 25th, 2013 African Liberation Day May 26th, 2013 Trinity Sunday May 27th, 2013 Memorial Day May 27th, 2013 Jefferson Davis Birthday May 29th, 2013 International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers May 30th, 2013 Corpus Christi May 31st, 2013 World No Tobacco Day June 1st, 2013 Statehood Day June 3rd, 2013 Jefferson Davis Birthday June 4th, 2013 World Day for Child Victims of Aggression June 5th, 2013 World Environment Day June 6th, 2013 Isra and Mi'raj June 8th, 2013 World Oceans Day June 11th, 2013 Kamehameha Day June 12th, 2013 World Day Against Child Labour June 14th, 2013 World Blood Donor Day June 14th, 2013 Flag Day June 16th, 2013 Father's Day June 17th, 2013 Bunker Hill Day June 17th, 2013 World Day to Combat Desertification June 19th, 2013 Juneteenth
Prosch Stereo Triplex Shutter With 5" Zeiss Anastigmat Lenses For Sale
The Prosch Manufacturing Co. was established by Cyrus Prosch in the early 1880’s in New York City, and remained in business for about 20 years – something of a record at the time. Their first product appears to have been an improved telegraph key (ca. 1882), but from that point on, they specialized in beautifully made camera shutters, and to a lesser extent, powdered magnesium studio flash units.
Over the years they offered at least eight models of their machined brass shutters in at least 13 sizes. Most were a heavy brass construction, but a few late models were made of aluminum or finished in oxidized copper over the brass. For a few dollars, Prosch would mount the customers’ lens into their shutter, increasing sales, and may be the reason why so few of the lenses seen today have any identification.
This example, a Stereo Triplex design with Serial Number 14215 (ca. 1893) and patent date of Nov. 29, 1886, is fitted with a set of 4 ¼”x6 ½” Zeiss Anastigmat Series IIA Stereo Lenses with focal lengths of 5” (+/-), and a patent date of Jan. 13, 1891. These optics are fitted with brass wheel stops calibrated in the Unified System with a maximum opening of US 4, making them f8 lenses. It measures 6 3/8” wide, 2 3/8” high, and 7/8” deep, and is mounted on a mahogany lensboard 6 ¼” wide, 4” high, and ¼” thick, but can be separated from this board by removing 6 countersunk flathead screws at the rear. The shutter cocks and fires at all three spring tensions (but remember to align the left side control linkages), and the lenses are clear with no visible separation or fungus. The brass body and lenses still have most of their original lacquer, and are bright with only a few age spots, and the flanges are original.
This shutter represents the very top of the line in Prosch equipment – it just doesn’t get any better than this.. Very few were sold, fewer survived, and so these are just not seen today. The overall condition of this Prosch Stereo Triplex Shutter with 5” Zeiss Anastigmat lenses is E+, and there is .
offerDING, SHIPPING and RETURN POLICY - Please read and understand all of the following
1. Buyers understand that these offerings are photographic artifacts (antiques) and are not represented as necessarily usable for modern day photography. They have not been professionally checked for mechanical or optical quality.
2. U.S. Buters - Payments must be made by PayPal only and be received within 2 days (48 hours) after the close of the sale. All items will be shipped by USPS PRIORITY MAIL insured.
3. Overseas Buyers - Payments must be made by PayPal only and be received within 2 days (48 hours) after the close of the sale. All items will be shipped by USPS Priority Mail International insured. Note that I do not ship any items without insurance or declared for a lesser amount than the winning offer. All items will be declared as antiques, otherwise they will be as either used or obsolete with no commercual value.
4. Returns - U.S. buiyers: A full refund by PayPal will be given if an item is significantly different from the listing and returned in the original packing in the same condition as sent, within fourteen (14) days of end of sale. Buyer pays return postage. Overseas Buyers: Due to the handling of the item in Customs, there will be no refund and all sales are final.
5. offers from buyers with less that ten (10) positive responses, more than two (2) negative responses or private response will not be accepted.;
This item has been shown 205 times.
Prosch Stereo Triplex Shutter With 5" Zeiss Anastigmat Lenses: $1,127