Panavista Panoramic 3d Stereo Viewer - Must See For SaleNice vintage Photo Item PanaVista Panoramic Stereo 3D Slide Viewer
Makes a great 3D gift!
This is an interesting stereo product. It consists of the following:
Pana-Vista folding stereo slide viewer
One panoramic sample slide
One empty frame to mount your own stereo slide
As you can see above, the viewer can fold to a very compact package.The viewer folds to a compact size and comes with a carry plastic case that fits neatly the viewer and two slide mounts, as seen below.
The lenses are aspherical of good quality can be adjusted for different interocular distances
You can use this viewer to view the panoramic slide (25x54 mm image area x 2) that comes with it or your own (full frame) slide mounted in the empty mount. The outer dimensions of these slide mounts are 38 x 120 mm.
You can also use this viewer to view your standard "stereo realist" slides, mounted in 41x101 mm mounts. These are fed in the viewer from the top (see picture below) and not the slides. The mounts that come from the viewer are loaded from the side.
The inventor of this viewer and the photographer of the panoramic slides is Henry Chung one of Hong Kong's leading cinematographers, with a lot of experience in 3d (still and motion) photography.
I think you will enjoy the panoramic sample slide. This is a hyperstereo. One of our club members, when she saw the slide, she thought that it was a small scale model and not a real scene. I tried to convince her that this "small scale" impression is the result of viewing a hyperstereo, but I was not successful. She would not believe that this was a real scene!
Viewers come with different panoramic slides. You will receive a random slide. I cannot control which slide you get. I have more slides for sale for $5 each.
Here is what the 3-D Review OnLine Magazine has written about this viewer:
Pana-Vista is a stereo viewer foldable to compact-disc packing size. It comes with adjustable interocular aspherical lenses for an audience of all ages. This is the stereo viewer for the 21st Century. The viewer is well constructed and boasts a new "wide-screen" image viewing format.
Besides the interchangeable panoramic slides (image-format 25mm x 54mm), it can also be used to view traditional Realist size mounted 3-D Slides (slide-format 41 x 101 mm).
The viewer is immersed in the scene when viewing panoramic slides through the Pana-Vista stereo viewer. These "wide-angle" views have amazing depth and their extra width gives the viewer more to see, much like a widescreen movie gives the theatre patron more to see on the silver screen.
It's no surprise that the inventor of the viewer has a motion picture background. Henry Chung is one of Hong Kong's leading cinematographers shooting feature films, commercial films, corporate films, documentaries and short films. Besides his expertise in lighting and camera work, he has been creating three dimensional photographic and cinematographic arts.
The Pana-Vista stereo viewer is awarded a 3-D Review Online Magazine Must See 3-D™ Editor's Choice Award.
I welcome offers outside of the USA! - Half of my items leave the USA
Please see my other sales for similar items:
The fine print:
- Please use ' s checkout and go ahead with an electronic payment after the sale is over (please make one payment for combined purchases) or wait for me to send you an invoice. I would like to hear from you within 3 days from the day the invoice was issued. If you cannot pay within 3 days, or if you are waiting for other items to close, please let me know, otherwise I will file an "unpaid item case" with the 4th day.It is nothing personal, but I like things to move without delays.
- I acknowledge all paypal payments. Make sure that your paypal email is working and not going to a "Spam" folder.
- I use the US Postal Service or FedEx, I will ship anywhere in the world and I try to get you the lowest shipping rates. I will combine shipments too. For international customers, I am flexible in custom form declarations. Expect to receive an email from stamps.com to your paypal/ email when your package is shipped. This is a delivery confirmation and not tracking in most cases. If you want tracking or insurance, please let me know. I have proof of shipping cut cannot be held responsible if a first class package did not arrive (it has happened a couple of times). For items over $100 I require Priority Mail shipping.
- If you have a problem with your purchase, please let me know as soon as possible (remember, I sell a lot of items on commission and I need to close these accounts). Contact me before leaving non-positive response (including neutral) or anything less than 5 star rating. I will do my best to resolve any problems.I accept returns for most of the items that I sell, but I can only refund the selling price, not shipping, unless if there is an error in the listing. I always leave positive response.
- I appreciate your business and I hope to see you back!
** DrT knows 3D **
I have been into photography and, specifically, stereo (3D) photography since 1988 and into the stereo photography business since 1994 and I have plenty of satisfied customers. I specialize in stereo education through books, lectures, videos, CDs, Stereo Realist camera repair, stereo viewer repair, stereo photography supplies, and commission sales of photographic items.I still shoot film (stereo slides) and have great fun doing so! Starting in 2009, I am also involved in digital stereo.
If you like my sales and would like me to sell things on your behalf, please contact me to make arrangements.
Meet DrT in person in one of these stereoscopic gatherings:
Any stereo club meeting in Cleveland OH (first Tuesday of each month Sep-Jun. Contact me for details or visit our web site ohio3d.com)
Most National Stereoscopic Association (NSA) Conventions
Any 3D Stereoscopic Weekend in Cleveland OH
Thank you for looking!
This item has been shown 5470 times.