Pre-war 1930s Huffman Long Tank Boys Bicycle
This item has been shown 0 times.
Pre-war 1930s Huffman Long Tank Boys Bicycle:
Vintage Pre-War 1930s Huffman Long-Tank Boys Bicycle
Zephyr Badged, 99% Complete and Original right down to the screws.
- Original Paint
- LouveredLong Tank is dent free and has clean internals (I have not tried the horn, not sure what battery to use)
- Truss Fork
- Rear Carrier is straight
- Original Skip Tooth sprocket and chain, missing pedals
- Front fender torpedo light is there but missing bulb mount and lens (doubtful that this can be restored - corroded vintage D-Cell battery installed andincluded free of charge :) )
- Original Spring Seat needs to be recovered
- Huffman Manufacturing decal on Seat Tube is visible and partially legible
- Chainguard is present and in good condition
- Missing one handlebar grip (vintage duct tape grip in its place), Other grip is in place and original, Someone put screws through handlebar at some point to keep grips in place
- Some flaking to Nickel Plating on handlebars and sprocket
- I believe wheel set to be original, Nickel plating on rims has yellowed, Morrow coaster brake hub on rear wheel (missing coaster brake bracket, replaced with plumbing strap)
- Tires are not original and are worthless anyway
- Cool Vintage flashlight holder on the handlebars
- Original Jewelled Reflector on rear fender
Excellent Restoration Candidate or do some minor repairs and Ride it As Is to your local cruise-in. You can't buy this kind of Patina - Actually you can - Buy It Here!
I will be out of town at sales end until May 9. I will ship to winning buyer upon my return. Free local pick-up.
Please look at photos and ask any questions. Thanks for lookingOn Apr-30-13 at 14:23:28 PDT, seller added the following information:
I posted a picture of the bikes serial number. Some ers have emailed me noting that the bicycle might be an early 1940s model rather than a 30s. I based the bikes age from what I was told when I accquired it. I am the third owner of this bike. The gentlemen I got it from accquired it from the original owner who used it regularly for many years. I am unsure of the exact date of manufacture and am not looking to mislead anyone. Thanks for your interest.On May-05-13 at 09:23:43 PDT, seller added the following information:
The bike has a welded kickstand which I am toldpositively dates the frame to 1940. This is the only year that Huffman welded kickstands to the frame. Thanks for everyone who has given me information on dating the bike.