Rare Antique Masonic Georgian Silver Pierced Fretted Oval Plate Jewel Wow
This item has been shown 0 times.
Rare Antique Masonic Georgian Silver Pierced Fretted Oval Plate Jewel Wow:
RARE Antique MASONIC Georgian Silver Pierced Fretted OVAL Plate Jewel WOW
Click the photographs to enlarge. Colours may differ due to any flash used.
I combine lots so please wait for my invoice BEFORE you pay.
1 of a number of quality fresh to the market antique and vintage Masonic jewels and related items listed today.... you will see some RARE and seldom seen Victorian jewels, as well as a Georgian pierced - fretted plate jewel ......all listed are far better quality than any of the brand new shitey monkey metal they make so called jewels from these days..and the online masonic shops describe their CRAP jewels as superb best quality....they do not tell you they are for Christmas cracker use only.
I like to leave the best till last....here is an absolute corking RARE Georgian hand pierced - fretted from a sheet of silver MASONIC jewel... WOW factor this one.. it has NO hallmarks ...which is a pity... but you cannot have everything.. as you can see its an oval shape... then the design has been fine cut out and engraved on BOTH sides.. the workmanship is brilliant... this is a SERIOUS private collectors top table item or money no object public museum item.
It could well have been gilt originally as I see flecks of gold when looking thru a loope..... someone may be able to date this jewel if they have a number in their collection or have afew to research ... its certainly Georgian and looks like 1750 - 90 era to me....going by the outer edge design....and how well the devices have all been engraved and finished off.
It has all the devices you see on masonic jewels.. everything going for it.. as well as a motto on both sides...VERITAS EST INTUS - VIRTUTI ET SILENTIO .
The jewel is 4.5cm wide x 58mm long x 1mm deep sheet silver..it weighs approx....15.1grams.
Its in the Thomas Harper era of masonic jewels.
My price has nothing to do with the metal content of the antique jewel.
A very good book to have a look in if you have not allready got a copy is The medals & jewels of British Freemasonry by Trevor Harris.
Please see close up pictures for more detail.
Conversion ... approx... 2.5cm = 25mm =1 inch
If you have any questions, please contact me via messages.
- I post every business day (Monday to Friday). If you buy something and pay for it Friday noon or Saturday please be aware it will be posted to you on Monday as I am usually at a live sales veiwing & buying on Saturdays. Once an item is the in the postal system any delays are out of my control, see the postage label to see the date it was sent.
- I accept returns within 14 days on all items sent back to me in the condition you received it in. If you are in any way unhappy with your item please message me to arrange a return. Item(s) to be returned in its original packaging please. Please note if you or a third party tamper with, changes or repairs an item, this would automatically NULL AND VOID my full return policy, i.e. returns will not be style="text-align: left;"> If returning the item but there is no error in the description, return postage will not be refunded.
- UK BUYERS I accept CHEQUES in UK Sterling, PAYPAL or Bacs BANK TRANSFER. Cheque payments will incurr a DELAY in despatch, of 6 working days to clear.
- INTERNATIONAL BUYERS I will accept Paypal payments or bank wire transfer (IBAN) from anywhere in the world.
- PAYMENT TERMS Please ensure I receive payment within3 days or email me if there will be a delay...as automated alerts are sent on the 5th day.