Rare Modern Japanese Shuzo Ikeda Ukiyo-e Woodblock Print "children & Strings"
This item has been shown times.
Rare Modern Japanese Shuzo Ikeda Ukiyo-e Woodblock Print "children & Strings":
RARE MODERN Japanese Shuzo Ikeda Ukiyo-E Woodblock Print "Children and Strings" c. 1960
Fresh Estate Find, this Mid Century Modern Japan Artwork was done by Shuzo Ikeda. Titled "Children and Strings". Although unsigned, this is a famous and well known work of Ikeda's that comes from the same estate our previous signed Ikeda sale comes from.
- About Shuzo Ikeda:"The art of Shuzo Ikeda is very distinctive. Children or young women with large eyes holding a pet or flower - depicted in stylized images. That's what a typical woodblock print by Shuzo Ikeda looks like. Shuzo Ikeda's art is typical for the post-war economic booming years of circa 1960 until 1985. Shuzo Ikeda was born in Akita prefecture. In 1945 he graduated from Tokyo Higher Normal School. After a few years of teaching the artist became a member of Nihon Hanga Kyokai and other Japanese artist associations and turned towoodblock printmaking('moku hanga') as a professional full-time artistThe art style of Shuzo Ikeda represents in my view the spirit of the years of the late 1950s until early 1980s. It was the period of a prosperous post-war economy and of great cultural changes in the industrialized Western nations, in the way of life, music and fashion. In my view, Ikeda's images "breathe" this era pretty much. If you happen to belong to a generation that was born before 1950 maybe you may have the same feelings when looking at the artist's prints."
- Size 6" x 4 1/2" inches
- Frame Size 11" x 9" x 1" inches
- We offer local pickup and combined shipping
- International buyers must contact us for exact shipping costs
- Be sure to view our other sales this week, including many other paintings!